150th Annv. of American Civil War

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musketball

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Any one know if one of the major 1/6th scale companies will be doing a "realistic" Civil War figure? I am a reenactor for Maryland and would like to see someone produce a few high quality soldiers from both side. I have all the Civil War series from SideShow, however with the vast improvement over the last few years it would be great to see them released.

Hi there Musketball. :wave

I hope you and your family are well. It would be great for a company to represent our national epic, our American Iliad.

Will you be doing something special this year? I plan to be in Manassas on July 21st for the dedication to the first battle of the civil war. It would be great to see you.

IMG_0724.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0601.jpg

I for one would be extremely interested in some new troops from this amazing period of this great nation's history.

We still need: Davis, Longstreet, Meade, Hooker, Burnside, Picket, Hancock, Hood, A.P. Hill, Clara Barton, Shaw, just to name a few. The Irish Brigade, and 54th Mass would also be very welcomed. Who would you like to see?

Like Siquisiri said, our best bet is to stick with Auggie Romero and BattleGear Toys. Not only does BattleGear Toys make the best in 1:6 gear, they are also trying to make everything in the United States. They have drastically downsized their operations in China, which to me is a good thing and I will continue to support such companies.

It would be nice to have some fresh headsculpts that reflect the nineteenth century but the golden days of Mat Falls as sculptor is in SideShow's past. Since his departure from sculpting, SideShow has been a little fuzzy with their direction and identity.

When they announced that they had obtained their first Hollywood license, "Planet of the Apes," we should have all seen the end coming. Whatever happened to their clothing apparel line? Whose idea was that? Why do they continue to heavily use Polystone, when it doesn't paint very well and Chips? Premium Formats are now their flagship product, yet it litters their warehouse floors as Still for sale?

It used to be nice opening a History magazine and seeing their products. Now it seems I need a toy magazine or a comic book for that.

I will give Sideshow credit for their Star Wars Alien sculpts but outside of those, there is nothing left for this collector to buy from them.

-Insert the playing of TAPS now.-

IMG_0221-1.jpg

SideShow Originals were great while they lasted.

Been watching all the stuff on History this week. Great stuff and my favorite timeline in history.

Bumping an old thread.

Not sure if this is the right place for this topic. I did a search, but well....you know.

Recently moved back to the NC area. Spent this last Saturday at Fort Macon near Morehead City, NC. Got really lucky and a local reenactment group was there running drills on one of the cannons for the 150th reenactment of the fall of the fort this April.

I have been interested in reenacting for a long time and had the chance to speak at length with several of the gentlemen there and they were great. I will hopefully be taking part in things with them soon and (fingers crossed) will get in on the April engagement.

Any other reenactors here on the boards? Would like to start picking some brains concerning uniforms, gear and the like. It seems like collecting and this other hobby would naturally be connected

sent PM on sutlers and other reenacting sources. Have been Civil War reenacting for over 25 years with 1st Maryland, Co. C,Infantry, CSA. Had anncestors who faught with 1st Maryland Eastern Shore Infantry,Co.K, USA and 1st and 2nd Maryland Infantry, CSA. Faught each other at Culps Hill, Gettysburg, Pa July 2nd, 1863. Anncestor also with the 4th Virginia Cav.,Co.D (Little Fork Rangers)
DiD has a new WW1 British figure out for preorder,maybe they will make the Civil War figures too.

Got your PM. Thanks so mch for all the info. Very interesting about your family history. I had a great grand father who fought with a NC Company but I don't know exactly which one. Part of getting into the hobby is hoping that I can learn more about him. All we know is that he enlisted in Onslow county and (supposedly) died at Chancellorsville.

Thanks again.

Back