Marvel Sequels.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, as for FF... a sequel was a given.. The movie made decent coin. But hopefully they listened to fan opinion and added a bit more substance to the script. I mean, to have Doom wuss out so easily at the end was a bit sad. This time they've gotten the origin out of the way so they can let loose and have a little more fun with it.

Hulk sounds cool, but that series needs a LOT of work. If they can pull it off, I'd like to see it. Just make us forget the first one....please. :monkey2

i actually like Hulk... i agree the directing was not very good for a comic movie. they just chose the wrong kind of style for the movie. but come on, who didnt like the part when Hulk was ripping the tanks apart and beting the other ones with it?? i think given the right director the second Hulk will be fantastic!!!

I think they need to dump money into the development of the script and worry about cast and CGI after....CGI is so comon place now, they need a great story be build around not great CGI and a **** script...but thats just how I feel.

hairlesswookiee said:
these sound pretty good, at least better than the first ones. Abomination in the Hulk?? :chew and a possible galactus in FF4 2???

https://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=4298

Sounds to me like the Silver Surfer will appear as a lead in to Galactus appearing in FF4. Kind of like the forshadowing of dark phoenix at the end of X-Men 2.

carbo-fation said:
ANy news on Iron Man yet??

nothing right now. last time i heard about iron man it was about Tom Cruise going to the position.

I agree they need to worry about the CGI after they get everything else working. my brother is in school for computer animation and he agrees that too many movies are relying purely on the animation to make it good. CGI is a good tool not a crutch.

The latest I've read on Iron Man is NO Tom Cruise. They are looking at an unknown. It will be Marvel's first in-house financed film which means no hacking it up by the suits. There will be a an appearance of the original tin-man suit for the origin. That's all I remember though except it's slated for 2008.

Greetings!
I personally liked the Hulk film...Not the typical Super Hero fare, more "story", which really fits the comic book version of Hulk.
Now, if they could somehow save the FF franchise and do a film that we all know would kick ass, co starring Galactus & Silver Surfer, there may be hope for the world yet! Some of the best moments in comics have been in the pages of FF, IMHO, and it sucks to not have the rest of the world share that. They see only what has been presented so far...And it has been a far cry from what is possible with these characters.
I am a huge FF fan, and hate to see my heroes treated so badly. God knows we have suffered enough with lame attempts to translate the FF to screen, be it animated or live action. Yes, I fell asleep watching the latest "attemp" :(

Best,

snowtrooper1966 said:
Greetings!
I personally liked the Hulk film...Not the typical Super Hero fare, more "story", which really fits the comic book version of Hulk.
Now, if they could somehow save the FF franchise and do a film that we all know would kick ass, co starring Galactus & Silver Surfer, there may be hope for the world yet! Some of the best moments in comics have been in the pages of FF, IMHO, and it sucks to not have the rest of the world share that. They see only what has been presented so far...And it has been a far cry from what is possible with these characters.
I am a huge FF fan, and hate to see my heroes treated so badly. God knows we have suffered enough with lame attempts to translate the FF to screen, be it animated or live action. Yes, I fell asleep watching the latest "attemp" :(

Best,
Well said!! I know exactly how you feel....:eek:

moebius9 said:
The latest I've read on Iron Man is NO Tom Cruise. They are looking at an unknown. It will be Marvel's first in-house financed film which means no hacking it up by the suits. There will be a an appearance of the original tin-man suit for the origin. That's all I remember though except it's slated for 2008.

Heres the link

https://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/060529e.php

Interesting news today that Avi Arad is no longer running Marvel but will be a producer on the announced films. I'm wondering if he was forced out or if this was by choice. I guess if he wants to concentrate on making the movies and not be bothered with the day to day stuff of company matters, it's good for him.

Well, if Avi is going to take part in the production of these movies, then I'll definetely look forward to watching them. Hopefully, he'll keep most of characters and story line according to the comic books, unlike in X3.

I know that Iron Man has a director now... Jon Favreau. Not exactly a comic movie icon, but a very competent director. He loves the material and actually has a Myspace where he shares his thoughts on the project (among others) and tests the waters with his plans on the film.

I really think he will do fine.. though I know that they are shopping for someone to play Ol' Shell Head. I'm thinking unknown... :D

carbo-fation said:
Well, if Avi is going to take part in the production of these movies, then I'll definetely look forward to watching them. Hopefully, he'll keep most of characters and story line according to the comic books, unlike in X3.

well neither did the first two. im sick of people complaining about how X3 didnt follow the storylines of the books when the first two didnt either.

~~im actually happy that tom cruise is not going to be iron man, less money towards the big name actors and more towards the production and writing.

hairlesswookiee said:
well neither did the first two. im sick of people complaining about how X3 didnt follow the storylines of the books when the first two didnt either.

~~im actually happy that tom cruise is not going to be iron man, less money towards the big name actors and more towards the production and writing.

Yeah, me too HW.... I mean, none of them really followed the books.. I mean.. Wolverine and Sabertooth connection? None. Nightcrawler and Mystique? Nope. Rogue? different. Iceman? Different. yadayadayada... it goes on and on.

I loved the movies, and with each one I think it just got better and better. The last one was great and my favorite so far. I was seriously thinking that Ratner would blow it, and I'll admit you can tell it was a rushed production... but it still ROCKED!

And as far as Iron Man is concerned....no big actor = goodness in my book. I'm very excited to see where it goes. :D

I still think Pierce Brosnan should play Iron Man. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back