Action Figure Joebizz34's 1/6 Laid To Rest "ChromeSkull" custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joebizz34

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok so this is still a WIP but should be completed really soon and I wanted to share some of these early shots of what's to come.

Here are some VERY early sneak peek shots of the ChromeSkull I am putting together. His body and clothes are put together. I am still working on the head sculpt which is basically a work over of his Skull face mask and the head behind it. I am sculpting out the head and skull mask from scratch around the original skull sculpt.

Updated Completed Pic below. Check the bottom of this page for completed pics. I am going to attempt to add the LED light beside his camera. I have a friend of mine who is going to help me with that and if successfull, I will post more pics here and give him credit.

DSC_0702.jpg

DSC_0587.jpg

DSC_0417.jpg

Last edited:
Looking forward to the next update on this. Man, I have a feeling it's gonna be good.

Thanks man. Don't worry. You have the right feeling. :)

Nice. Looking real good bro update us soon!!! Laid to rest is an aswome flick IMO...Great work man

Thanks and there will be an update real soon. I agree with you that the movie is awesome and the sequel is coming. I think ChromeSkull will be our newest horror icon of this time. This is why I wanted to do this custom. Stay tuned....

Ok so there has been a delay with this figure because I'm waiting on a certain type of paint to get here that I will need to finish painting the skull mask. Once that's done, pics of the completed figure will follow.

Ok guys, so this project was severly delayed because everything that could go wrong has.... :lol

First, the body I had wasn't doing the figure justice so I bought a better one from a freak member on here but it hasn't arrived yet.

Then I needed special paint to produce the chrome look on the skull mask which I had to order online since no local store carried it.

When I finally received the paint, I discovered that my airbrush which I hadn't used in a while no longer worked. So after waiting a week, I finally received my new airbrush and did the deed. :)

I wasn't liking the handles of the knives I had bought. The blades were a great match to what he used on screen but the handles in the movie were brass knuckles. So I found another pair of knives which had the right kind of handles. I cut the blades off all 4 and pieced them together so I had 2 accurate on screen weapons.

So what's left to do at this point is paint the weapons up with the same chrome color as the mask and put everything on the new body...once it arrives. Then I will finally have a completed figure to show.

In the mean time, here's a couple of pics showing the finished head. It's only a matter of time so keep checking back.

DSC_0577a.jpg

DSC_0578a.jpg

DSC_0579a.jpg

Ok fellas!! After a long delay and jumping through hoops to get the right stuff, here he is!!! Like I mentioned above, I am still going to attempt to add the LED light next to his camera.

DSC_0587.jpg

DSC_0590.jpg

DSC_0591.jpg

Great work bro.. i really want a 1/6 Chromeskull too..

Thanks man. He appears to be a simplistic custom, but man did I work hard on this one. :lol

I custom made his weapons using 2 different set of knives to make it screen accurate (or atleast really close) and the challenge isn't over yet. If my friend and I can pull off the LED effect, then I will be extremely happy with the end result. :pray:

Back