Weight on Glass Shelves

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nothingface35

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a little nervous with putting Premium Format sized statues on the glass shelves in my display case. What's the approximate weight that glass shelves like this can hold? I couldn't find an answer with the distributor and haven't seen anything on the forums. Thanks!

Obviously it depends on what kind of display unit you are using, but i have seen displays like the detolf used with doubled up glass holding 13-14 pounds ish on one of the display threads. Although use extreme caution imo. Do you have a specific piece in mind that you want to display on a shelf?? The show your shelves can help buy showing some other collections which have certain sideshow pieces displayed on certain shelves of detolfs for example.

Obviously it depends on what kind of display unit you are using, but i have seen displays like the detolf used with doubled up glass holding 13-14 pounds ish on one of the display threads. Although use extreme caution imo. Do you have a specific piece in mind that you want to display on a shelf?? The show your shelves can help buy showing some other collections which have certain sideshow pieces displayed on certain shelves of detolfs for example.

Thanks man. Nothing planned right now but the glass display case I'm currently using is filled with Pallisades Alien and Predator items, since they're light. I have book shelves that I put my Premium Formats on, etc. I'm just getting some awesome ideas from some of the display pics that I've seen.

I have replaced the glass in all of my display cases with 3/16 aluminum which I have powder coated. Its expensive but I am not 100% confident that the glass will hold 2 PFs so a new shelf is cheaper.

There are various factors involved but this should give you a rough idea.

https://www.dmgglass.com/glass/shelves.php

of course there are other sites with similar tools and/or charts.

regards

Back