John Wayne Green beret

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
052506wayne_01.jpg

No word yet on when the pre-order is...

Yes Bill. It was announced in the last newsletter. He looks pretty good so far.
I wish it would have been from one of his Cavalry movies, but I'll take it.

Although I'm limiting myself on the lines (space and $$ issues), I would get one of him if it was a pose from "The Searchers" -- you know, at the very end where's he's standing outside framed by the door -- one arm hugging his other arm -- the perennial outsider looking in. Classic pose from one of the greatest westerns EVER.

this is gonna be another must have for me. im still waiting for the dress blues R Lee Ermy, so i need to get John Wayne to go with him. the only problem i will have is where to put him because space is not an issue just a proper place to display him.

Wetanut said:
Although I'm limiting myself on the lines (space and $$ issues), I would get one of him if it was a pose from "The Searchers" -- you know, at the very end where's he's standing outside framed by the door -- one arm hugging his other arm -- the perennial outsider looking in. Classic pose from one of the greatest westerns EVER.

Fellow fans of The Searchers, take note:

Next Tuesday will see the release of the "Ultimate Collector's Edition" DVD of one of the greatest of all westerns (possibly of all films). Similar to the fancy pants edition of the classic King Kong from last fall, this set will contain a new two-disc set plus the following--

Reproduction of 1956 Dell comic book
Reproduction of original 1956 Warner Bros. press book
Reproductions of filmmaker memos and correspondence
10 postcards with behind-the-scenes photos
Movie poster offer

Got mine on order through Amazon and look forward to watching this great film again next week!

I saw "The Searchers" once, but it just didn't grab me for some reason.
I really should re-visit it to see if I'm all wet, or if it just isn't for me.

Unforgiven is my favorite western of all time, followed up closely by
Tombstone, Young Guns, and Young Guns II.

JS

I would probably choose The Searchers as my favorite classic Western (pre 1960's) and Unforgiven as my favorite contemporary one (post 1960's).

Searchers as favorite pre-1960, followed closely by Shane; Silverado (followed closely by Tombstone) for contemporary.

Oooh, one of my all-time western faves: "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance", where John Wayne called Jimmy Stewart "pilgrim" throughout. Great movie! I would like to get "The Searchers", though, as it, too, is just classic Wayne.

You know... I really don't like either of the 12" Wayne figs SS has done so far. I don't know what it is about them-- the head sculpts look like Wayne, but then you put them on a SS body and it looks... off, somehow. Maybe too thin, or something?
Just my two pennies. I'm really waiting for a Western 12" fig from almost any one of his movies--he wore the same outfits and used the same guns throughout them, so it's all pretty interchangeable.
Now if only I could afford to get my dad the Rooster Cogburn PF...

The Shootist is one of my favourite John Wayne films.I loved the way they took the character through the ages with clips from his earlier films thus not only giving the character extra depth but also a fitting tribute to the Dukes longevity in cinema.I m delighted with the look of this figure as well.The "big boy" body should give it the presence it deserves.And a company in England,well a shop actually,Modellers Loft,has been celebrating 40 years of G.I Joes English cousin,Action Man,with a series of replica outfits from years past,and in the next line of releases is the Green Beret so i think i ll have to order a couple of those to shield the Duke against the gooks!!Cotswold Collectibles is stocking them in the States if anyone wants to have a look.

Last edited:
i really hope they do another version of this figure with the Tiger Stripe camo , that would be too cool !

So Long John Wayne As The Green Beret

You know, the more I looked at this figure the more I disliked it. Basically it's nothing more than a new Wayne head-sculpt atop the old Platoon fatigues. For what this costs I would expect a little more. The exclusive version including the patch also seemed a bit weak to me as well.

So I canceled my preorder.

Back