Collector's Society Mini Saber Trio Case

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

LOTR Fan

Just offered to Collector's Society members (check your email), anyone else get a few of these? :banana

Will be available to the general public on the 16th. They also have limited quantities of the 2004 and 2005 convention exclusive .45 scale sabers available.

I do need some of these display cases, but I'm actually going to wait and see if they turn up cheaper through a dealer. Figure I lasted this long without them, I can hold out a little longer.

Yeah, but when you're talking about having to buy 5 or 6 of these things, then even a fraction cheaper could add up in no time. Not to mention the shipping I would save with a retailer in stead of MR direct. I always pay a lot more on shipping with MR. I course this is all hoping that they will be available outside of the MR website.

I just never got into the small sabers. I don't much want to either. You guys have fun and have at them!

Ouch - $30 shipping for 3 cases. They should picture them with the acrylic case - otherwise they look kind of cheap.

I wonder if they're stackable?

I agree about the display pictures, and I am not quite sure why the shipping is so steep, but alas I did in fact order 3. :google

I was gonna order a few things, but the shipping seems overly high.

It shouldn't be nearly $15 for two .45 scaled lightsabers I
don't believe, especially for a big place like that with quantity
discounts with whatever shipping service they use I'd imagine.

Attachments

• eFX Darth Vader Legend Edition helmet 31.jpg
    eFX Darth Vader Legend Edition helmet 31.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
  • Display Vader, Emperor Stormtroopers.jpg
    Display Vader, Emperor Stormtroopers.jpg
    716.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Helmet collection.jpg
    Helmet collection.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 25
Sorry if the pics are a little big, they were taken like this by the owner. What do you guys think of this custom made case? It also comes in another version with the base being clear instead of black.

Miniscalelightsabers3.jpg

Miniscalelightsabers1.jpg

That definitely would look better than a whole bunch of the smaller cases stacked up. But now for the big question, How Much?????

You can buy custom made acrylic cases online, there are stores that make acrylic covers. They are very expensive though, sometimes more than the item itself. Anyone know of any that is reasonable?

Wow, those .45 sabers look cool when they're all displayed together like that. I'm guessing it's an expensive case because of the size of it and the stair-step design.

I never really cared for the MR cases. I display them across a shelf for now until I can figure out what to have made to hold them all in which looks nice and not cheap. I think the MR cases cheapen the look of the mini sabers (IMHO).

Thanks,
Mike
:ted

how much is expensive? that case shouldnt cost more than 3 cases of the MR one which is about... $60.

Is that what it cost with the case and stairs? If so, that's a good deal. Any idea where this was purchased?

i was thinking one trio case from MR can only fit 3 minis.

and this one here that i've shown can fit 12 of those. i thought it's fair if it wouldnt cost more that 4 cases of the MR ones which you will need to display 12 sabers or it may even cost lesser.

yeh the cost includes the base n cover, what you see is what you get. it's custom made so... i guess i can find out the exact price. but would you guys be interested?

cos i'm not from the US, and since it's custom made, there wouldnt be a cardboard box made just for it to ship this in.

So it wasn't made by a US manufacturer? I'd be interested in something like this because I might start getting some .45 sabers and I think they look much better arranged together in one case.

yeh i have the same thoughts. look better to me this way. rather than many trio cases placed side by side etc...

yes it's made by some local shop that does these custom made cases. if anyone is keen can just pm me or something and i can go and find out more, no problem.

I just cancelled with MR and went with Adam, he has them cheaper and I am sure that shipping won't be so crazy! :x

Back