PDA

View Full Version : NECA 1/4 scale predator

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Idpullthecurtains
11-24-2010, 01:28 PM
Wow, just wow. Better than Hot Toys version?

a-dev
11-24-2010, 01:32 PM
Uh oh, you shouldn't have mentioned the war.

karamazov80
11-24-2010, 01:56 PM
Where are pictures of this 1/4 scale NECA farce, er, I mean figure.

edit: I just found it:

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=NECA%2FOriginal_Predator&pic=197875016.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0

You have to choose between one of three versions depending on head sculpt you want? Lame. Still, at 1/4 scale I'll probably get one.

Sined
11-24-2010, 01:58 PM
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1567/predator1neca.jpg

Lord Freezer
11-24-2010, 01:58 PM
Wow, just wow. Better than Hot Toys version?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/197875016.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1290630761&Signature=ndn1e8Z84qFRKhnG9YnqpcMvRJ4%3D

there is no question... Neca wins :hi5:

MIKE M
11-24-2010, 02:00 PM
no way better than hot toys necas paint apps come out looking like a 3 year old did it and they make you pay more for the same fig for a different head sculpt hot toys gives the mask open and close mouth and way more articulation HOT TOYS #1

karamazov80
11-24-2010, 02:01 PM
LOL. In terms of size, yes, though that's about it. Assuming the quality is good, though, I actually think these will be insanely popular and will sell out quickly. $75 doesn't seem like a bad price, but then, I have no idea what a 1/4 scale NECA toy would look like in-hand.

nthey make you pay more for the same fig for a different head sculpt hot toys gives the mask open and close mouth and way more articulation HOT TOYS #1
Right. Hot Toys only does that with the Terminator figures.

a-dev
11-24-2010, 02:04 PM
The greater poseability of the HT one combined with its 'close-enoughness' (particularly if you add a TD or baloo mask and do a dread-mod) would still give HT the edge for most on this forum I expect. And I wouldn't entirely disagree. But in any case they're two different scales. One doesn't 'replace' the other.

dimicop
11-24-2010, 02:07 PM
Im sure i will get the helmet version but i think that they must include 2 heads in this figure , one with helmet and other , i dont mind open or close mouth but 3 diferent versions is a great fail, about the war with hot toys , this is a diferent scale, im sure that this will be a great figure for display and pose.

karamazov80
11-24-2010, 02:11 PM
There is no war, because they produce completely different products that cater to completely different audiences. There is overlap, but probably not that much.

I agree that 2 alternate mouthed versions each including the helmet head would have felt more reasonable, but NECA will probably be able to move more stock this way. So, power to them.

Lord Freezer
11-24-2010, 02:12 PM
This will be bigger than HT...

snoop101
11-24-2010, 02:12 PM
This looks awesome. But having Three seperate versions is a huge fail on necas part. It should include all three heads for $75.

karamazov80
11-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Can anyone direct me to pictures/thoughts/reviews for previous NECA 1/4 scale figures? The concept of a huge Predator sounds great in theory, but I would like to know what I might be getting into before ordering. If they feel and look too cheap, then I will probably pass.

Silasya77
11-24-2010, 02:19 PM
$75? You gotta' be frackin' kidding me. For that price, this thing is amazing. I got so excited I didn't even see the price. :p

Definitely will get closed mandibles version. That's my most iconic version, IMHO when he sets the timer and laughs, it was creepy scary.

Sabres21768
11-24-2010, 02:21 PM
This has already been posted...

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71220&page=481

At least TRY and see if it's already posted before ya post something. :slap

karamazov80
11-24-2010, 02:25 PM
I figure this thing warrants its own thread, seeing as how it is so different from the small toys generally discussed in that other thread. Besides, this is the only NECA toy I've even been remotely interested in since I became aware of high-quality, 1/6 scale figures. Best if I don't have to read through any other discussions.

slipknotpredator
11-24-2010, 02:25 PM
Looks better than Hot Toys one, but i´ll have to see what the real paint looks like.

Karatka
11-24-2010, 02:28 PM

Possibly. The paint will be a make or break IMO; quality that would be forgivable, or even decent, on an 8" figure could look awful at 18". They'll really need to match Kotobukiya for this to work.

Anyway, HT's line didn't really take off until they started doing P2 as well as AVP. The reason for their insane collectibility is that, well, they're collectible... NECA will need to start doing more 18" figures for this to really work. 18" Berserker anyone? :)

Kovach
11-24-2010, 02:31 PM
At least one of the biggest paint issues on the smaller one is solved: the netting.

ironman24
11-24-2010, 02:39 PM
It does not matter who is better,All I know that a 1/4 scale P1 would look great on my desk,That is a FACT.They are all good 1/4 scale who would believe.....

Toni Plutonij
11-24-2010, 02:43 PM
Love it....this is the real deal.
Tankman outdid himself. Can't wait to see some in hand pictures of the production piece.

This Predator, next to NECA 1/4 Alien....what a display!

Silasya77
11-24-2010, 02:44 PM
18" Berserker anyone? :)

Yes. Neca, step on it. The fans are waiting. :impatient: Right after you do a 18 inch Elder and City Hunter, of course. :wave

slipknotpredator
11-24-2010, 02:44 PM
Im buying open mouth version.

This will be great for neca.

a-dev
11-24-2010, 02:49 PM
Whats the story with the 18" Alien? Is that getting another release or what?

viper12383
11-24-2010, 02:51 PM
i hope he comes with an awesome base. something jungley

Johnny Utah
11-24-2010, 02:53 PM
Jesus an 18 inch City Hunter would be epic!

Predator vs. Alien
11-24-2010, 02:58 PM
City Hunter FTW!!!!!!!! I wouldn't mind an Elder either though.

viper12383
11-24-2010, 02:58 PM
right now im leaning towards open mouth but if that helmet lights up i may have to switch.

Ravyn916
11-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Love it!!!! Will probably get the open mouth version.

crazypredator2
11-24-2010, 03:07 PM
i'm getting all 3.

TrackerPredator
11-24-2010, 03:08 PM
All 3 for me too.

Silasya77
11-24-2010, 03:14 PM
This reminds me... the pics at ToyFair... was the Pred 1 and Elder 18 inches? If so... Elder might be the next release.

Furious1
11-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Wow, missed alot today at work, haha. It will probably be the closed mouth version for me, I already have the ultimate masked and open mouthed 1/4 scale Pred with my SS EX maquette.

prefused
11-24-2010, 03:44 PM
Wow, missed alot today at work, haha. It will probably be the closed mouth version for me, I already have the ultimate masked and open mouthed 1/4 scale Pred with my SS EX maquette.
good point. but i got rid of mine so i'm getting all 3 of these. besides, this one has a much more accurate (and removable) backpack/cannon than the maquette. plus these are dirt cheap and i have the space, so why not.

This reminds me... the pics at ToyFair... was the Pred 1 and Elder 18 inches? If so... Elder might be the next release.
no they were more like 14" or 15". they were two-ups. and Elder probably won't be the next release, we're lucky to get this one.

Macularius
11-24-2010, 03:51 PM
At least one of the biggest paint issues on the smaller one is solved: the netting.

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking.

In fact, now that I think about it, the only thing with the paint I don't like on the 7inch is the netting. Now that that's out of the way, this has potential to be almost perfect.

Johnny Utah
11-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Pre-ordered the helmeted version. Only one I need.

Furious1
11-24-2010, 04:01 PM
good point. but i got rid of mine so i'm getting all 3 of these. besides, this one has a much more accurate (and removable) backpack/cannon than the maquette. plus these are dirt cheap and i have the space, so why not.

Maybe I should get an extra just so I can put the more accurate scale canon on the maquette.:)

tankman
11-24-2010, 04:05 PM
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking.

In fact, now that I think about it, the only thing with the paint I don't like on the 7inch is the netting. Now that that's out of the way, this has potential to be almost perfect.

We're spending more money on this guy and it will have a nice paint job. I've held the prototype in hand and the geek in me went through the roof. Seeing it so big was a dream come true. The net will be really cool. We have a better factory working on this bad boy. I'm so greedy and want P2 and the Elder big like this. As far as the HT figure goes I'd say to the fans just get both even though this figure will stamp the poor skinny HT into a Predator grave and only cost 75 bucks.

ozzfan84
11-24-2010, 04:09 PM
Tankman, in terms of paint aps, do you think we should be safe blind-ordering these online? I just ordered all 3 from BBTS, but I'm worried about them arriving with egregious paint problems. I had to go through a bunch of series 2 Preds just to get them with decent eyes.

I'm very excited about these!

usswanker
11-24-2010, 04:26 PM
Wow so NECAs actually making this. That's awesome. But by no means is this going to be better than the Hot Toys one. Be for the size and price I'm. Gonna have to pick up a masked and unmasked one of these.

Silasya77
11-24-2010, 04:27 PM
We're spending more money on this guy and it will have a nice paint job. I've held the prototype in hand and the geek in me went through the roof. Seeing it so big was a dream come true. The net will be really cool. We have a better factory working on this bad boy. I'm so greedy and want P2 and the Elder big like this. As far as the HT figure goes I'd say to the fans just get both even though this figure will stamp the poor skinny HT into a Predator grave and only cost 75 bucks.

Dude, is that a hint? :wave

Also, how big is this thing next to HT? What, twice the size? I'll become sad if it's too big, and then go out and buy one.:panic:

Elder_Predator2
11-24-2010, 04:29 PM
Well Hot Toys is 1/6 sclae and this is 1/4 scale. I think this is around 22" according to prefused. So yeah this will be huge.

ozzfan84
11-24-2010, 04:33 PM
If you're wondering about the size, look at the picture again of it next to the 7' figure. They're supposed to be to scale.

tankman
11-24-2010, 04:39 PM
Tankman, in terms of paint aps, do you think we should be safe blind-ordering these online? I just ordered all 3 from BBTS, but I'm worried about them arriving with egregious paint problems. I had to go through a bunch of series 2 Preds just to get them with decent eyes.

I'm very excited about these!

You'll be fine because we have a way better factory on it. I think this will be the best figure we've ever made. It's been a 12 year wait for me and I'm so geeked out about it. To hold the resin prototype and know it will be made just made me think to myself I have the best job in the world. This is a dream come true big time.

Sabres21768
11-24-2010, 04:42 PM
You'll be fine because we have a way better factory on it. I think this will be the best figure we've ever made. It's been a 12 year wait for me and I'm so geeked out about it. To hold the resin prototype and know it will be made just made me think to myself I have the best job in the world. This is a dream come true big time.

Yep, this is damn cool.

Great job on that sculpt dude. Blows Hot Toys out of the water.

Now...get to work on that Alien3 Alien figure!

PLEASE! I'm begging you! :gah:

crazypredator2
11-24-2010, 04:43 PM
hey tankman,will these have the arm and leg straps?
please say they do.so i can sleep tonight.

abake
11-24-2010, 04:50 PM
Awesomeness!

Kyle man, congratulations!
You really deserved to see this one come true. If I had the space I'd order all three, as it is I'll probably go with the open-mouthed variant. Right now I have the alien and the classic facing off on my desk and they look so fantastic together I can only imagine the sheer glory of having the 18" pred next to the 22" alien...

Brilliant work dude, you are the Alien and Predator King!

Weyland-Yutani
11-24-2010, 04:55 PM
there are a number of things one needs to address to compete with Hot Toys:

+ Paint Apps
+ Accessories
+ Articulation
+ Build quality
+ Durability
+ Model detail
+ Accuracy

We don't know anything about the above at all other than it fails in the 'Accessories' dept. because you need to have three models for closed, open mouth and mask.

Ridiculous imo.

Predator vs. Alien
11-24-2010, 04:57 PM
Anyone else have this up for PO besides BBTS.com?? They usually get stuff last and I don't wanna wait:lol

abake
11-24-2010, 05:04 PM
Pre-ordered the open-mouthed version!
Would love to have the masked one as well, but just can't see where to put two of these monsters!

Lord Freezer
11-24-2010, 05:05 PM
NECA's work is more accurate ... sculpture first. If it is true that the painting will be improved ... we are facing the most majestic work of NECA. HT's predator is an old story.

Jace Madan
11-24-2010, 05:11 PM

+ Paint Apps
+ Accessories
+ Articulation
+ Build quality
+ Durability
+ Model detail
+ Accuracy

We don't know anything about the above at all other than it fails in the 'Accessories' dept. because you need to have three models for closed, open mouth and mask.

Ridiculous imo.
Just a few thoughts on that:

1. I'd say the paint apps should be on par with HT, especially if they are using a better factory.

2. As far as the mutiple versions. Due to the cost of tooling and producing a figure this massive, NECA needs to recoup the money invested and sell as many figures as they can for it to be successful. Unless they produce a 18" Elder, this mold and tooling will be a 1-shot deal (and an expensive one at that). Unfortunately due to the incerased cost of toy production nowadays, things like this are needed to ensure that money is actually made on making these figures, not lost. Plus, i'd rather know I'm getting three versions now and get the ones I want, than buy one and then discover months later they are releasing an even better version with more/different stuff that I like better, like HT seems to do quite often.

3. As far as articulation goes, it has the same POA as the 8" figure; which was the perfect balance between sculpt and articulation. Aside from ball jointed hips, you really couldn't ask for more and end up ruining the great flow of the sculpt.

4. As far as durability is concerned, I've had no problems with any of my NECA 18" scale figures. No plastic bending, breaking or anything like that. Quite a few have been knocked over and were perfectly fine.

5. As far as the detail and accuracy is concerned. This IS the P1 Predator. Unless they got the original suit, cloned it and shrunk it down to 1/4 scale, this is the most accurate Predator figure EVER. The HT one alwasy seemed a little off to me in the face area. This one is dead-on. Unmasked, closed mouth, masked, each head looks so accurate it's scary. And the texture on the skin, armor and other parts are second to none. And this was all on the 8" version. The 1/4 version is bound to be even more detailed and awesome, as the size allows even more details and sculpting work to be plainly seen.

For a Price tag of $80 or so dollars, (or under $300 for all three), this figure is literally a steal. and the size.... almost 2 feet tall. This thing is gonna be massive.

For me though, at the end of the day, disregaurding the accessories, durability, cost and even paint apps, the accuraccy of the sculpting (especially the head) is the deal breaker for me. It makes the HT one look like a knock-off halloween mask. I can't even imagine how it could be out done.

Darth_Fatso
11-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Can't wait for this! Now if ony we could get NECA to make a 1/6 version.

a-dev
11-24-2010, 05:24 PM
Pre-ordered the open-mouthed version!
Would love to have the masked one as well, but just can't see where to put two of these monsters!

I haven't given any thought to where mine will go nor have I been giving thought to where anything I've been buying for the last 2 years will go! I still have no shelves. I'm simply assuming I'll be able to squeeze it in somewhere. My displays won't be the most aesthetically pleasing but I'd rather have this stuff in my collection displayed badly than not have it at all.

I'd buy that too, ideally it would be proper 1/6 to go against Hot Toys Dutch. The bonus with NECAs one is the removeable backpack to recreate the final fight.

Sabres21768
11-24-2010, 05:24 PM

+ Paint Apps
+ Accessories
+ Articulation
+ Build quality
+ Durability
+ Model detail
+ Accuracy

Ridiculous imo.

What's truly ridiculous is the constant whining and comparing to Hot Toys.

These are not in the same scale, so comparing them is ridiculous...imo. :cuckoo:

Weyland-Yutani
11-24-2010, 05:25 PM
Just a few thoughts on that:

1. I'd say the paint apps should be on par with HT, especially if they are using a better factory.

2. As far as the mutiple versions. Due to the cost of tooling and producing a figure this massive, NECA needs to recoup the money invested and sell as many figures as they can for it to be successful. Unless they produce a 18" Elder, this mold and tooling will be a 1-shot deal (and an expensive one at that). Unfortunately due to the incerased cost of toy production nowadays, things like this a needed to ensure that money is actually made on making these things, not lost.

3. As far as articulation goes, it has the same POA as the 8" figure; which was the perfect balance between sculpt and articulation. Aside from ball jointed hips, you really couldn't ask for more and end up ruining the great flow of the sculpt.

4. As far as durability is concerned, I've had no problems with any of my NECA 18" scale figures. No plastic bending, breaking or anything like that. Quite a few have been knocked over and were perfectly fine.

5. As far as the detail and accuracy is concerned. This IS the P1 Predator. Unless they got the original suit, cloned it and shrunk it down to 1/4 scale, this is the most accurate Predator figure EVER. The HT one alwasy seemed a little off to me in the face area. This one is dead-on. Unmasked, closed mouth, masked, each head looks so accurate it's scary. And the texture on the skin, armor and other parts are second to none. And this was all on the 8" version. The 1/4 version is bound to be even more detailed and awesome, as the size allows even more details and sculpting work to be plainly seen.

For a Price tag of $80 or so dollars, (or under $300 for all three), this figure is literally a steal. and the size.... almost 2 feet tall. This thing is gonna be massive.

For me though, at the end of the day, disregaurding the accessories, durability, cost and even paint apps, the accuraccy of the sculpting (especially the head) is the deal breaker for me. It makes the HT one look like a knock-off halloween mask. I can't even imagine how it could be out done.

Thanks for your response but we just have to take your word for it.

We need MORE pics of the sculpt then so we can judge ourselves.

Please give us pics, pics and more pics. Surely you have a few made already?

P.S. So the decision not to add accessories was simply to sell as many units as possible? From a business angle i can see that. From a consumer angle it's very off putting indeed. It also shows that you are not so confident in the product and the market. Look at Hot Toys: they include accessories and outsell EVERY pre-order. That decision raises alarm bells for me.

crazypredator2
11-24-2010, 05:26 PM

i'm hoping for 1/6 versions too. fingers crossed.

Weyland-Yutani
11-24-2010, 05:27 PM
What's truly ridiculous is the constant whining and comparing to Hot Toys.

These are not in the same scale, so comparing them is ridiculous...imo. :cuckoo:

Nope, because I'm considering jumping the HT ship if NECA fills the gap. I don't need a 1/6th Predator AND 1/4th - one will do.

Jace Madan
11-24-2010, 05:29 PM
Thanks for your response but we just have to take your word for it.

We need MORE pics of the sculpt then so we can judge ourselves.

Please give us pics, pics and more pics. Surely you have a few made already?

P.S. So the decision not to add accessories was simply to sell as many units as possible? From a business angle i can see that. From a consumer angle it's very off putting indeed. It also shows that you are not so confident in the product and the market. Look at Hot Toys: they include accessories and outsell EVERY pre-order. That decision raises alarm bells for me.

I don't know if some of those questions were directed toward me, but I don't work for NECA. (Although I am available for hiring! :D *wink Wink*). I just assume that is the reason we get the different head versions, it just makes sense, y'know?

Plus, I'm sure the amount of units NECA will make for these will be huge compared to the units HT makes for thiers. So at a $160 or so price point and a relatively limited production run, HT can afford to include more accessories, as they know how many of thier limited units they will sell, and what the actual demand is. Plus, the reuse potential on accessories for them is huge, unlike what NECA faces with this figure

Weyland-Yutani
11-24-2010, 05:33 PM
I don't know if some of those questions were directed toward me, but I don't work for NECA. (Although I am available for hiring! :D *wink Wink*). I just assume that is the reason we get the different head versions, it just makes sense, y'know?

WTF dude, it seemed like you knew what you were talking about and working for NECA!

Damn, I'll disregard your post then because I totally disagree with your speculation about the lack of accessories. It may be to do with the price of the unit though.

ozzfan84
11-24-2010, 05:42 PM
It appears to me that Weyland-Yutani is paranoid.

DARK-SIDE
11-24-2010, 05:46 PM
love NECA figures.
If I can see the 3 preds in market,I'll get all 3.
it's hard to find new NECA stuff in China now.
didn't see any 7inch remake Jason or freddy.

karamazov80
11-24-2010, 06:00 PM

Only if this factory is several quantum leaps beyond any NECA figure I've ever seen.

Jace Madan
11-24-2010, 06:03 PM
The Predator went through time, hunting and killing what once got away, always hoping that the next leap would be his leap home....

QUANTUM PREDATOR!

"Al! What am I doing wrong?"

"Ziggy says you need to spine rip this guy, no plasma casters!"

"Oh boy..."

a-dev
11-24-2010, 06:05 PM
It appears to me that Weyland-Yutani is paranoid.

He's not paranoid, reading both these Neca threads he's genuinely interested in this and simply contemplating various factors like we do in the Hot Toys threads.

Blade3327
11-24-2010, 06:07 PM
Tankman, I'm with Sabres on this. We need a 7" Dog Alien! If you'd like a shot at blowing another thing out of the water, McF's version wouldn't stand a chance!

Oh, and I'd love a P2 and P2 Elder in 1/4 scale as well. Based on the proto pics we've seen of the Elder, he looks gorgeous. Beautifully done. Great sculpt, great armor, great accessories, just an all-around fantastic vibe. But I fear the 7" paint apps might keep it from shining. Hey, as long as it's Predator or Alien (and it's done well), I'm with NECA all the way on this 1/4 venture. Count me in!

a-dev
11-24-2010, 06:11 PM
P2 City hunter and Dog alien are definitely, one hopes, the next big grails for NECA to give us in these franchises.

Since I'm buying P1 in 1/4 I would more than likely also buy the P2. And the 7" size range is a given.

cr`
11-24-2010, 06:34 PM
no doubt the sculpt will look great. but will this be molded in skin color, then painted by a kindergarten kid again, like their 7"?

and they should have jacked the price to $90 and put all the 3 heads in one box and be done with it.

vareika
11-24-2010, 07:06 PM
Just picked up HT Pred 1...maybe should have waited, wasn't aware of Neca's figure. Anyways...I will keep telling myself that HT's Pred 1 is worth getting =P

Blade3327
11-24-2010, 07:39 PM
The HT still definitely has its merits. LED bio, great articulation, awesome base, and some sweet accessories.

NECA's been praising this 1/4 Pred on Twitter all day long. I really hope it's the definitive P1 like they say. This new factor better blow us away. In any case, I can't wait for April next year!!

SilentSurfer
11-24-2010, 08:18 PM
The add says it's the biggest Pred ever made. BS. Cinemaquette is the biggest. And I think it's crap that you can't have all three head variants in one figure.

That aside, damn, that looks epic. I might get one.

redefine
11-24-2010, 08:22 PM
This is great release but to launch in 3 different versions could be pretty bad idea. The helmeted one will be sold out first and quickly, and left the other two in the market for a while as people will try to seek for the helmeted, whose price could also be skyrocketed in a few months after release. If it is launched as a set of 3 interchangeable heads, I'm sure Neca will have opportunity to produce it batch after batch as it will be highly demanded for a respectable period.

Blade3327
11-24-2010, 08:23 PM
The add says it's the biggest Pred figure ever made.

Fixed, Surf ;).

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/197875016.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1290656482&Signature=NQw4yzXilJjyPUZ95b8Orw4hRis%3D

This has the potential to be the greatest thing ever... SO PUMPED!

azurepred
11-24-2010, 08:32 PM
looks ok, not bad for the price, but i dont understand the comparison to HT. HT is on a different level than Neca ever will be, there is no comparison to be made. The two figs are different in many ways. Its like comparing this to the P1 maquette :cuckoo:. Which i believe i had a debate with one of you loonies about already.

a-dev
11-24-2010, 08:36 PM
The 'biggest figure ever' boast doesn't do much for me. I'm not really out to get the biggest possible figure - just one that is as close to the movie counterpart as possible and at good quality. The 8" can stake a claim to the former but not so much the latter with its bad paintjob, stuck joints, not fully inserted joints etc etc. The main thing is (hopefully) this sculpt with the elbow and knee straps reinstated and with a better, neater paintjob.

Now if we were talking about a 1/6th or even 8" figure and the boast was "in correct scale with other figures" I'd be pumped because no one has ever truly done that.

CelticPredator
11-24-2010, 08:40 PM
even though this figure will stamp the poor skinny HT into a Predator grave and only cost 75 bucks.

Bwhahaha....:rotfl

No way.

karamazov80
11-24-2010, 08:42 PM
The "biggest figure ever" tag actually does matter to me, because as Azure says, the HT version (which I have) is gonna win in terms of quality and options. But it would be nice to have a big ol' Predator.

CelticPredator
11-24-2010, 08:44 PM
That's my reason. The HT Predator is the best Predator figure on the market. And unless they make a better one, HT will continue to be number one. A cool sculpted, non articulated, non light up, and super expensive (3 heads...) one wont replace it.

I'm still annoyed with the 3 heads. That's insane.

Blade3327
11-24-2010, 08:52 PM
It's not non-articulated. I'd say the NECA Predators (especially these new ones) have perfectly good articulation. Really, all that stands between them and absolute awesomeness IMHO is the lack of hip balljoints. Other than that, great stuff. Good necks, good shoulders, elbows, etc.

CelticPredator
11-24-2010, 08:55 PM
Ok, well it's not AS articulated as the HT Predator. It's not that big of a selling point...but i'm just saying.

vareika
11-24-2010, 08:58 PM
and I guess HT Pred will go along with all your 1/6 figures, so this by no means replaces anything. Its just another cool thing to get =)

a-dev
11-24-2010, 08:58 PM
Theres better range of motion all around in the HT one. For example he can be posed tapping on his wrist computer - I've tried this on the 8" NECA figure and its just not possible from what I can tell. The NECA figure is no McFarlane MMV but it still doesn't match the HT figure on the articulation front.

and I guess HT Pred will go along with all your 1/6 figures, so this by no means replaces anything. Its just another cool thing to get =)

:lecture exactly.

CelticPredator
11-24-2010, 09:00 PM
MMV is a great Predator. ____ anyone who disagrees. That thing was the most amazing Predator on the market then.

vareika
11-24-2010, 09:01 PM
what is this MMV?

tankman
11-24-2010, 09:02 PM
That's my reason. The HT Predator is the best Predator figure on the market. And unless they make a better one, HT will continue to be number one. A cool sculpted, non articulated, non light up, and super expensive (3 heads...) one wont replace it.

I'm still annoyed with the 3 heads. That's insane.

How funny and you like spending 169 bucks on a figure that looks like a toy and not the real deal? 80 buck? 160 bucks and so skinny and how about the paint on the open mouth? I own the HT and really like it a lot. This new Pred will look like Kevin Peter Halls Predator and really big with a nice paint job. Spending 169 bucks will make a person trick himself to thinking he has the best thing going. Lets see how it turns out. Super expensive is that a joke or what? How much do you want to bet when your buddy comes over and sees the HT standing next to the Bigger better sculpted and yes better painted Predator he'll say how much did you pay? Wow 80 bucks? Not bad at all and then how much for this smaller toy like Predator? Now that would be funny I bet. Not to rip the HT Predator but come on do you really think the sculpt is great? Even the Paint isn't as good as the 169 bucks in my opinion. I do think it's cool though and as a Predator fan and glad I got it. Lets see how our figure will turn out.

snoop101
11-24-2010, 09:03 PM
The add says it's the biggest Pred ever made. BS. Cinemaquette is the biggest. And I think it's crap that you can't have all three head variants in one figure.

That aside, damn, that looks epic. I might get one.

It says its the biggest predator figure ever made.

CelticPredator
11-24-2010, 09:14 PM
How funny and you like spending 169 bucks on a figure that looks like a toy and not the real deal? 80 buck? 160 bucks and so skinny and how about the paint on the open mouth? I own the HT and really like it a lot. This new Pred will look like Kevin Peter Halls Predator and really big with a nice paint job. Spending 169 bucks will make a person trick himself to thinking he has the best thing going. Lets see how it turns out. Super expensive is that a joke or what? How much do you want to bet when your buddy comes over and sees the HT standing next to the Bigger better sculpted and yes better painted Predator he'll say how much did you pay? Wow 80 bucks? Not bad at all and then how much for this smaller toy like Predator? Now that would be funny I bet. Not to rip the HT Predator but come on do you really think the sculpt is great? Even the Paint isn't as good as the 169 bucks in my opinion. I do think it's cool though and as a Predator fan and glad I got it. Lets see how our figure will turn out.

Fine. But the HT Pred is still better. It's all about the full package. Not just the sculpt, not just the paint, not just the lights, it's everything.

NECA Pred is cool and all, looks nice......but atleast I didnt have to buy 3 HT Predators to get the look I want. And that is a huge...huge turn off for me.

karamazov80
11-24-2010, 09:16 PM
yes better painted Predator
I genuinely hope you are right about this.

And great work with that sculpt btw. It does look fantastic. If there are flaws to be had with this figure, I figure they will be production-related in terms of quality and articulation.

tankman
11-24-2010, 09:16 PM

Heck yeah man this it's what it's all about. Many want our Predator 1 6th. HT has that and nobody has seen this great monster 20 inches. Why go 1 6th with the really cool HT figure out there. Articulation is great on the HT but for me I rather get a more realistic sculpture like the new Predators HT figures. Those look so very nice and I can't wait to get mine. Cracks me up other geeks like me would be negative at another cool Predator to come our way and tall and bad to the bone looking. I can't freaking wait for this guy. we're spending more money on this than ever and it should be really nice. A dream come true for me and I bet many other Predator fans will be very happy with it. Our guys in China are very much going to do all they can to make this thing look great. I have a real good feeling about it.

CelticPredator
11-24-2010, 09:20 PM
Its a cool Pred. But I wish all this HT Vs. NECA stuff would stop.

They're no where near each other.

a-dev
11-24-2010, 09:23 PM
Many want our Predator 1 6th. HT has that and nobody has seen this great monster 20 inches. Why go 1 6th with the really cool HT figure out there.

Well, in the hopes that yours would be true 1/6th and tower over HT Dutch the way the HT Predator should have. Also you can't remove the HT Predator's backpack to recreate the final battle...hmm but then again we don't have a muddy Dutch for that either so maybe that point is moot.

tankman
11-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Fine. But the HT Pred is still better. It's all about the full package. Not just the sculpt, not just the paint, not just the lights, it's everything.

NECA Pred is cool and all, looks nice......but atleast I didnt have to buy 3 HT Predators to get the look I want. And that is a huge...huge turn off for me.

Fair enough but you did have to pay 169 for an inaccurate figure. Just pick one if money is a big deal. You'll enjoy it a lot. Seems your post really rip things for not being accurate enough. I guess the HT gets the pass right? Just get ready to be a fan boy like me and geek the heck out with this 80 dollar gift. Fingers crossed the paint and all on this guy will be great. I've held the figure in my hands and I couldn't get over just how cool it can end up being. I will give HT the praise on articulation on their Predator. It's so much fun to play with and I'm very glad I picked one up. To be honest I think ours should cost 100 bucks for what you'll be getting.

CelticPredator
11-24-2010, 09:31 PM
^ Wut? I'm not an accuracy doucher like most people on here...only thing I had a LEGIT problem with was the HT Alien. Because that looked nothing like the actual creature. Not a single bit.

The HT Predator...does. No matter how you swing it, it resembles the monster. Show it to anyone, they'll say "Hey, its the Predator from the first movie".

But you missed my point. It's about the WHOLE package. Your Predator has a great sculpt. MAYBE (NECA isnt reliable with this) good paint apps. Then what? Now, 75 bucks for that is great. I would pay easily.

But like I said...the whole shabang...with the HT Predator you get a removable helmet that lights up, tons of articulation, leather straps, real neting, cloth....loin cloth thingy, 5 extra hands, a skull, removable backpack with opening medi kit, realistic wrist blades, and an extra set of mandibles to have the Predator of your choice.

Not to mention a base. We can argue sculpt all day...but I dont care. The HT Predator is worth the money, while your Predator is worth the money too.

Jace Madan
11-24-2010, 09:32 PM
Yeah, I am seriously shocked you guys were able to go as low as $80. This puppy must be a monster to produce.

tankman
Its a cool Pred. But I wish all this HT Vs. NECA stuff would stop.

They're no where near each other.

Yeah you're right. NECA sculpt is way superior and the likeness is way better and only 80 bucks. Come on man. HT is fun and built really nice but the sculpt is just off and they could do better now. Just look at the new Predators they have coming. I know the heads are iffy but the body sculpting is very very nice. I'm wishing they'd go back and do P1 and P2 like the new ones.

a-dev
Tankman I ordered the 18" Alien from BBTS today - to your knowledge was that due for a rerelease or what? No one seems to know. I'm just wondering because the BBTS site says its due to arrive November 2010

CelticPredator
11-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Yeah you're right. NECA sculpt is way superior and the likeness is way better and only 80 bucks. Come on man. HT is fun and built really nice but the sculpt is just off and they could do better now. Just look at the new Predators they have coming. I know the heads are iffy but the body sculpting is very very nice. I'm wishing they'd go back and do P1 and P2 like the new ones.

Ok. Include 3 heads, and i'll say your Predator is better. Until then, I wont. I've been buying NECA since you guys produced your first figures. I have over 40 various NECA figures in my collection. So no matter what, i'll get this. But this argument needs to stop. Unless you guys create a figure that can be on par with HT...then that'll be awesome. But you havent. That's not the market you're in. And that's fine.

tankman
11-24-2010, 09:38 PM
^ Wut? I'm not an accuracy doucher like most people on here...only thing I had a LEGIT problem with was the HT Alien. Because that looked nothing like the actual creature. Not a single bit.

The HT Predator...does. No matter how you swing it, it resembles the monster. Show it to anyone, they'll say "Hey, its the Predator from the first movie".

But you missed my point. It's about the WHOLE package. Your Predator has a great sculpt. MAYBE (NECA isnt reliable with this) good paint apps. Then what? Now, 75 bucks for that is great. I would pay easily.

But like I said...the whole shabang...with the HT Predator you get a removable helmet that lights up, tons of articulation, leather straps, real neting, cloth....loin cloth thingy, 5 extra hands, a skull, removable backpack with opening medi kit, realistic wrist blades, and an extra set of mandibles to have the Predator of your choice.

Not to mention a base. We can argue sculpt all day...but I dont care. The HT Predator is worth the money, while your Predator is worth the money too.

You're dead on here I'd say. For me and many others accurate Predator is the most important thing. All the other things you talk about here is very cool with the HT Predator. Like I said I'm very happy I got it but if only the sculpt was dead on. That would be so very nice don't you think? Just be happy and get both. Win win type of thing and 80 bucks will be so worth it. The HT does give you a lot of neat things yes.

Furious1
11-24-2010, 09:41 PM
No offense tankman, but I think you should just let your finished product do the talking. There is a reason why HT are where they are at...speaking negatively about their product does you no good, and tarnishes your artistic integrity. I myself am an artist, and I would never bring down someones work...even if I felt it was inferior.

That said, I look forward to seeing the actual production figure.

CelticPredator
11-24-2010, 09:42 PM
Sure. If it was dead on, that'll be great. But nothing is perfect. Your Predator wont be perfect either. Something will be amiss. He might have googly eyes. :lol

But the thing is, I like it more because of the entire package. Like I said. It's my favorite figure in my collection. The detail is asounding.

Your Predator looks awesome too. I loved it from the first picture. Two very different monsters. I'll get it. I never said I wouldnt. I never even said your Predator is bad. But comparing it to Hot Toys is silly. It may be more accurate to the sculpt, but all the little details HT puts into it's figures just makes it a different thing.

That's all i'm saying.

tankman
11-24-2010, 09:42 PM
Yeah, I am seriously shocked you guys were able to go as low as $80. This puppy must be a monster to produce.

You got that right and I was shocked the day Randy told me it's a go. I had giving up at that time. It's so very cool this is going to happen. I'm hoping the paint job will be what we're going for. This thing might end up being as good as I dreamed it could be.

CelticPredator
11-24-2010, 09:43 PM
Of course he said yes...:lol

NECA loves money. How could they not say yes? Predators ALWAYS sell.

tankman
11-24-2010, 09:54 PM
No offense tankman, but I think you should just let your finished product do the talking. There is a reason why HT are where they are at...speaking negatively about their product does you no good, and tarnishes your artistic integrity. I myself am an artist, and I would never bring down someones work...even if I felt it was inferior.

That said, I look forward to seeing the actual production figure.

I hear ya and I do really think the HT is very nice. I picked it up and think it's so very cool. Like I said just have both and enjoy a win win. I'm hoping the finished product will stand up to what all the fans want. I'm a fan myself and it's so cool to be getting what in 1987 would have been such a dream come true. I'm looking at my HT Predator now and even though some things might not be dead on to what I think it should be it still puts a smile on my face at how cool and fun it is. I think HT is a great company and I've gotten 6 figures and will get more of their stuff. My bad if I come off negative about their stuff. Two of us at work enjoy getting their great product. I'm so looking forward to the new Predators that are on the way.

Jace Madan
11-24-2010, 09:55 PM
You got that right and I was shocked the day Randy told me it's a go. I had giving up at that time. It's so very cool this is going to happen. I'm hoping the paint job will be what we're going for. This thing might end up being as good as I dreamed it could be.

Yeah, after the price point talk a few months ago died down, I assumed you guys just dropped it because it was gonna cost too much to make. I was very, very happy with the news today! This thing is gonna rock. Man, after I get the Masked P1 and Elder 8" in series 3 and these guys, I can die happy!:rotfl

vangeta
11-24-2010, 09:58 PM
Fail. Should have just included 3 heads for an ultimate package for a bit more. I don't need 3 bodies nor pay 3x for three head portraits.

Furious1
11-24-2010, 10:01 PM
I hear ya and I do really think the HT is very nice. I picked it up and think it's so very cool. Like I said just have both and enjoy a win win. I'm hoping the finished product will stand up to what all the fans want. I'm a fan myself and it's so cool to be getting what in 1987 would have been such a dream come true. I'm looking at my HT Predator now and even though some things might not be dead on to what I think it should be it still puts a smile on my face at how cool and fun it is. I think HT is a great company and I've gotten 6 figures and will get more of their stuff. My bad if I come off negative about their stuff. Two of us at work enjoy getting their great product. I'm so looking forward to the new Predators that are on the way.

To me the most important thing is your love as a sculptor for the property, and its obvious that you care. I appreciate your efforts and look forward to purchasing at least one of the 1/4 scale Preds (likely the closed mouth.) I have also bought the smaller scale figs and they are great. I only collect Predator items now, and I'm so happy to see all of the positive attention the franchise is receiving lately.

Elder_Predator2
11-24-2010, 10:02 PM
Fail. Should have just included 3 heads for an ultimate package for a bit more. I don't need 3 bodies nor pay 3x for three head portraits.

Is that really the only reason you don't like it? If so that hardly constitutes this figure being a "fail." It still has sculpt and paint to back it up. So out of those three things I mentioned it has two out of three, or 66%, that is a D, above an F.

PharOOO
11-24-2010, 10:04 PM
What a huge announcement! Pun totally intended.
Well, I'll definitely be buying all 3 versions and a double of my favorite, although I haven't made up my mind yet which version that is. Also, half the guys in my office are willing to drop a very modest $80 on this monster. And these guys aren't even toy collectors per say. So glad to hear this figure is actually going to happen. Improved paint, real netting, super monster scale, and a VERY affordable price tag. What's not to love?
Tankman, congratulations on seeing this beauty done in this scale where all the little details can be truly appreciated.
By the way, how's The Terminator coming along? Any chance of seeing the police shootout version done in 1/4 scale too? I'm sure that'll look amazing.

karamazov80
11-24-2010, 10:12 PM
No one is not gonna buy because the figure only has one head. It is a good business move by NECA.

tankman
11-24-2010, 10:15 PM
Yeah, after the price point talk a few months ago died down, I assumed you guys just dropped it because it was gonna cost too much to make. I was very, very happy with the news today! This thing is gonna rock. Man, after I get the Masked P1 and Elder 8" in series 3 and these guys, I can die happy!:rotfl

Speaking of the Elder I will tell you he rules. So far so good and it's the best 8 inch Predator we've done so far. It's also at the better factory. I love how good the dreads came out.

tankman
11-24-2010, 10:18 PM
What a huge announcement! Pun totally intended.
Well, I'll definitely be buying all 3 versions and a double of my favorite, although I haven't made up my mind yet which version that is. Also, half the guys in my office are willing to drop a very modest $80 on this monster. And these guys aren't even toy collectors per say. So glad to hear this figure is actually going to happen. Improved paint, real netting, super monster scale, and a VERY affordable price tag. What's not to love?
Tankman, congratulations on seeing this beauty done in this scale where all the little details can be truly appreciated.
By the way, how's The Terminator coming along? Any chance of seeing the police shootout version done in 1/4 scale too? I'm sure that'll look amazing.

Thanks a lot and I can tell you I'm so very happy to know it's going to happen. Terminator is going real well and just wait and see. I know it's tough sometimes to wait though.

a-dev
11-24-2010, 10:19 PM
Speaking of the Elder I will tell you he rules. So far so good and it's the best 8 inch Predator we've done so far. It's also at the better factory. I love how good the dreads came out.

Don't suppose you could have the Terminator figures done there too then?? Paintjobs have been passable but not great and the QC was terrible on the T-1000s :(

tankman
11-24-2010, 10:27 PM
To me the most important thing is your love as a sculptor for the property, and its obvious that you care. I appreciate your efforts and look forward to purchasing at least one of the 1/4 scale Preds (likely the closed mouth.) I have also bought the smaller scale figs and they are great. I only collect Predator items now, and I'm so happy to see all of the positive attention the franchise is receiving lately.

I do love the Predator as much as anything in a movie ever. I left McFarlane because they had no care at all about these great movie monsters and it's been a real joy to try to do it right. It can be a real tough thing though when you're dealing with so much detail and shapes and a deadline.
We try very much to make the stuff look like what we saw in the movie. We put many many hours into these guys and I only hope this 19inch Predator will be the figure I hope it can be.

crazypredator2
11-24-2010, 10:28 PM

is the 1/4 predator going to come with arm and leg straps????
and what 2 things are going to be cut from 8 in. elder p2??

PharOOO
11-24-2010, 10:29 PM
Thanks a lot and I can tell you I'm so very happy to know it's going to happen. Terminator is going real well and just wait and see. I know it's tough sometimes to wait though.

Terminator was just on TV last night again. While watching the movie, I kept thinking about the upcoming figures from NECA. Yeah, it's definitely been a tough wait ever since the intial announcement had been made. A few more months to go until Toy Fair. Call me crazy or whatever but even though I have the Hot Toys Terminator on pre-order, I'm actually much more excited about the NECA Terminator figures. I suppose to me, Hot Toys are too fragile. If I drop it and it breaks or scuffs, that's a VERY expensive replacement so I can never really enjoy the figure. With NECA, I get an equatable sculpt for 1/10th the price. If it breaks, I can easily replace it. Although I've never had a NECA figure break yet.

Blade3327
11-24-2010, 10:38 PM

Oh, thank God. So the old factory is history then? Does this mean all of Series 3 will be done at the new venue? If so, even the 8" version of P1 will look good. Your Elder is beautiful and he has some great potential. All he needs is good paint and we'll all be psyched.

And let me just say, you seem pretty sure of the paint quality on this 1/4 Pred, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Any chance of you guys releasing final pics before he comes out? Like you've been doing with the others? This would help clear the air around preordering, as well as answer questions about straps, etc.

Lastly, if (and it could very well happen) sales go well with this giant P1 you guys're doing, do you think a 1/4 P2 Elder or P2 would be considered? Seriously, those prototypes you showed are almost statue-esque. Be a shame not to oversize 'em. Oh! And the Aliens warrior. Can you imagine a giant bug like that? MAJOR WIN!

Okay now the very last thing, I promise... Alien 3's 7" Doggy. Even though it hasn't been announced, I'm holding you guys to it anyway :D. It's gotta be done, plain and simple ;).

tankman
11-24-2010, 10:43 PM
is the 1/4 predator going to come with arm and leg straps????
and what 2 things are going to be cut from 8 in. elder p2??

Yes the straps will be there. The Elder is missing his gun laser and the leather band stuff on his arms but still a must have for Predator fans. I'm looking at the test shot now and it's an easier pant job to make look nice on this guy. The skulls on the 8 inch closed mouth P1 look very nice and give the figure a lot of punch. We just need P2 now and his clan. Talk about Predator overkill but I love it anyway.

bplus73
11-24-2010, 10:52 PM
I have mixed feelings. I owned HT P1 just two weeks ago, it cost me a lot of money. :slap:(
Will still get the helmeted version. It looks really cool.
Actually I don't mind to spend $169 for this 19", if they put three heads in one package, but now it will never happen.

prefused
11-24-2010, 10:58 PM
Yes the straps will be there. The Elder is missing his gun laser and the leather band stuff on his arms but still a must have for Predator fans. I'm looking at the test shot now and it's an easier pant job to make look nice on this guy. The skulls on the 8 inch closed mouth P1 look very nice and give the figure a lot of punch. We just need P2 now and his clan. Talk about Predator overkill but I love it anyway.
i hereby vote for a boxed set. or at least a couple 4-packs.

Blade3327
11-24-2010, 11:02 PM

Come to think of it, it should be fairly easy to customize that. We can use burlap or some other fabric with a rough texture to cover the gauntlets. As for the cannon, I'd recast the removable targeting laser from the HT AVP cannons (for my personal use only), but it might be too big for a 7" figure. Hence, why we also need Elder in 1/4!!

Jace Madan
11-24-2010, 11:27 PM
Glad to hear the Elder is coming along great. Yeah, a P2 and the whole clan would be amazing. Plus, after the P2 is sculpted, it would just be parts re-use except for the heads. And I would buy at least 2 of every single one of 'em!

After how amazing the P1 figure came out, a P2 figure with his sleek armor and gear is gonna blow minds...

vareika
11-25-2010, 12:21 AM

You sir are 100 times (or 1000 times, insert whatever makes sense to you) more talented then me and many of us here who do not do any kind of paint, sculpt, customizing of figures, etc. But what you just said is without a doubt ripping on the HT Predator, and at the same time, whether you realize or not, throwing a virtual dump on ppl who paid after market prices (169 is nothing compared to what a lot of us "late arrivers" paid) on the pred 1. :mad:

Avenger
11-25-2010, 12:28 AM
I'm really hoping they make these so the packaging doesn't need to be destroyed to open them. I've only bought one Neca figure, and seen several others in the comic shop, and they've been the tough plastic sealed around the edges type. This is certainly one area where Hot Toys has been more friendly to the collector that wants to display without reducing the collecting value of the item.

Silasya77
11-25-2010, 12:42 AM
Tankman, could you talk to NECA about actually having 1/6 or 1/4 scale Predators as a collectible line? As in, produce them in series, kinda like you're doing with your 7 inch figs?

I think your sculpts really excell in terms of Monsters, because they don't need realistic clothing and such, so have potential to beat HT. All that's left now is an entire series of this stuff.

Recently, after acquiring some HT figs, I found myself deterred by the smaller scale of NECA's figs.
I'd wish for you all to start making lines of classic monsters, in large scale.

One of the things i find turn me off about your larger figs is that they're individual, and do not excel in their collectibility. I do think that the larger figs have much potential tho, considering their price and sculpt.

bplus73
11-25-2010, 12:47 AM
I m one of those like u who spent way higher than $169.
Actually HT p1 is quite big if you put him side by side with 1/6 humans figure like Billy sole, Royce etc.
I think the up coming neca p1 also look great but bigger n cheaper. But he will be very lonely in my collection.
Talking about skinny, I think neca's berserkers are way too skinny proportionally, he's the thinnest among the other predators in the series so far. If neca plan to release him in 1/4, pls fix it.

Darth_Fatso
11-25-2010, 01:21 AM
This may have been addressed allready and I missed it but will the fish nets be sculpted on or a seperste piece of fabric?

Elder_Predator2
11-25-2010, 01:23 AM
This may have been addressed allready and I missed it but will the fish nets be sculpted on or a seperste piece of fabric?

Real netting man. Also it is on the picture posted by NECA :D

Hex
11-25-2010, 01:25 AM
I would like to see some more photos of the final product before I get too carried away, but it's pretty cool news. The figure should come with 3 heads, though. Just so we can choose the version we like without having to buy all 3 of them.:thud:

Dumping on the HT P1 and the people that bought isn't cool. I have no regrets about owning the P1 at all.

Darth_Fatso
11-25-2010, 01:26 AM
Real netting man. Also it is on the picture posted by NECA :D

I know but figures of often differ from the protos so I just wanted to be sure. Can't wait for this!

Elder_Predator2
11-25-2010, 01:40 AM
I know but figures of often differ from the protos so I just wanted to be sure. Can't wait for this!

Well, it has been confirmed by tankman, Randy and he poster/picture so I hope it will actually have real netting. You have a good point man. Damn, now Im a little worried. :lol

Darth_Fatso
11-25-2010, 01:42 AM
I'll take take Tankman's and Randy's word for it then. Seriously this is gonna look so awesome on my shelf!

Elder_Predator2
11-25-2010, 01:44 AM
I'll take take Tankman's and Randy's word for it then. Seriously this is gonna look so awesome on my shelf!

You have a shelf that can hold it? :lol

Darth_Fatso
11-25-2010, 02:05 AM
I have Galactus on my shelf. I'm sure it can handle a Pred :lol

greygoose
11-25-2010, 04:14 AM
Wow. I think I'm going to get all 3. Looks like the PO for Falconer has been abandoned.

bplus73
11-25-2010, 04:24 AM
I hope Neca can show us some in-hands video or pics, how this big fellow's proto can do in poses.

crazypredator2
11-25-2010, 06:03 AM

thank God, and thank you tankman (predator king)
this will be the ultimate predator 1 for me.

Sined
11-25-2010, 06:24 AM
As far as the HT figure goes I'd say to the fans just get both even though this figure will stamp the poor skinny HT into a Predator grave and only cost 75 bucks.
So is there a chance for 1/6 scale version?
Pre-ordered all 3 versions of this giant, but will be glad to pre-order 3 more in 1/6 ;)

Weyland-Yutani
11-25-2010, 06:45 AM
WTF IS THIS???:

http://www.toyark.com/news/attach/1/9/9/9/NECA-Predator-2-Elder-Pedator-001_1282562358.jpg
http://www.toyark.com/news/attach/1/9/9/9/NECA-Predator-2-Elder-Pedator-002_1282562358.jpg
http://www.toyark.com/news/attach/1/9/9/9/NECA-Predator-2-Elder-Pedator-003_1282562358.jpg
http://www.toyark.com/news/attach/1/9/9/9/NECA-Predator-2-Elder-Pedator-004_1282562358.jpg
http://www.toyark.com/news/attach/1/9/9/9/NECA-Predator-2-Elder-Pedator-005_1282562358.jpg
http://www.toyark.com/news/attach/1/9/9/9/NECA-Predator-2-Elder-Pedator-006_1282562358.jpg

Video of the Elder + P1 NECA 1/4th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaIgmQcERUk

Silasya77
11-25-2010, 06:54 AM
WTF IS THIS???:

Me no see anything :monkey3

EDIT: Nvmd.

Ratzo99
11-25-2010, 07:03 AM
I can understand why people don't appreciate the comments regarding how much better looking this NECA predator will be over the HT's uber expensive offering, but I think that's kinda "tough _____". When one product costs more than double it's competitors price, people are going to start making comparisons...it's just the way things go.
In all fairness this big figure -IS- going to be far more accurate and true to what we've seen on the silverscreen. I'm guessing the only real advantage the HT's predator will have is articulation and possibly the quality of paint-apps, but even the paint apps on the already released HT P1 are nothing special in my eyes.
I literally can't think of a single reason why I'd want to own the HT's rather than this NECA figure, aside from perhaps being able to pose it in a crouching position or something like that (where the articulation would be important)...but even then, the HT's figure is so bad looking in the joints-department that it wouldn't even be worth it to have them, they really spoil it. Remove the mask from the HT's version and the face is so poorly done that it really makes the whole comparison laughable.
I'm sorry if that annoys people who own the HT version, but it's pretty clear really, which one of these two figures looks more accurate to the screen character.
One final note, I am not a NECA purist, I have a couple of HT figs, and I love them...but not everything they do is perfect... I own the newest T-800 and I ADORE it, and I have Kane from ALIEN, who is also an amazing figure, but I don't have a Big Chap to go with him because HT's version just doesn't look enough like the screen character -- same problem with their P1.
Just my opinion/two cents.
Can't wait to see production pics of this one, great work Tankman.

Johnny Utah
11-25-2010, 07:06 AM
Every year Kyle outdoes himself. This is his Sistine Chapel...until the T1 figures are shown of course.

bplus73
11-25-2010, 08:25 AM
I own the newest T-800 and I ADORE it

Do you mean the T2 T-800? For me, it is one of poorly done head sculpts compared to Neca 12" Gallerie Mall T800. The likeness to Arnie is not good enough.
As for P1, judge them only when the actual product of this 1/4 come out.
Normally mass production will have QC problem, , even with HT.
For example, the Tracker in series2, there are many cases of broken tusks.

sparkstron73
11-25-2010, 08:35 AM
I'm so pissed i missed out on the hot toys pred 1, that I will snap up a few of these, when they come out as the prices just seem to sky rocket.
Looks good from the inital pic and good value for the money.

Might get all 3, depending what the differences are.

predarnold
11-25-2010, 08:43 AM
Do you mean the T2 T-800? For me, it is one of poorly done head sculpts compared to Neca 12" Gallerie Mall T800. The likeness to Arnie is not good enough.
As for P1, judge them only when the actual product of this 1/4 come out.
Normally mass production will have QC problem, , even with HT.
For example, the Tracker in series2, there are many cases of broken tusks.

:slap Neca 12" Gallerie Mall T800 looks horrible compare to HT T-800. HT T-800 has spot-on likeness !

bplus73
11-25-2010, 08:58 AM
:slap Neca 12" Gallerie Mall T800 looks horrible compare to HT T-800. HT T-800 has spot-on likeness !

Hot toys proto photos are stunning to the likeness, actual product not exactly.
Of course the paint job is far superior, but HS not.

Dash
11-25-2010, 09:07 AM
Is the netting separate or molded? It says separate, but looks molded to the figure in the pic.

csutkakoma
11-25-2010, 09:10 AM

Tankman can I remove the netting without damaging it? I mean is there a way to do that? I am asking this because maybe I want a repaint on this guy if it won't turn out that great as you said. Do you seriously think it's paint job will be better than the HT one? I hope you are right about this one. I will getting the masked version:rock.

Is the netting separate or molded? It says separate, but looks molded to the figure in the pic.

It will be separate.

marisinacc
11-25-2010, 09:46 AM
To Hell with it!

I went ahead and ordered the 3 version pack from BBTS!

Kyle, you have to autoghrap me one of these one of these days ;)

BTW: I have owned and own LOTS of Predators, from the Billiken kit to the McFarlane 12", the Shirawa Japanese Garage Kits, the Premium Format maquette and the HT 12" figure and for me this one is the BEST one yet! :hi5:

slipknotpredator
11-25-2010, 09:49 AM
This thing will be massive! and will need a new custom fish tank :D

Idpullthecurtains
11-25-2010, 09:58 AM
This thing will be massive! and will need a new custom fish tank :D

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/10119206

slipknotpredator
11-25-2010, 10:04 AM
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/10119206

Dont know if that glass detolf could arrive safe to Uruguay :(

eighthsamurai
11-25-2010, 10:05 AM
that elder looks awesome. anyone found anywhere in the UK taking preorders yet?

JacktheRipper
11-25-2010, 10:05 AM
I'll mostlikely get all three depending on what this actually looks like when it's released. Using a different factory means nothing because Neca has said that in the past and I really don't see significant differences in older and newer figures from them. The netting is probably going to be a _____ to take off, since it will probably be in sections.
If it looks anything like their 2up I'm in:
http://i55.tinypic.com/mr91zr.jpg

crazypredator2
11-25-2010, 10:06 AM
now bring on a 1/4 predator2 and i'm content.

tankman
11-25-2010, 10:11 AM
Tankman can I remove the netting without damaging it? I mean is there a way to do that? I am asking this because maybe I want a repaint on this guy if it won't turn out that great as you said. Do you seriously think it's paint job will be better than the HT one? I hope you are right about this one. I will getting the masked version:rock.

It will be separate.

It might be kind of tricky really to get the net off. For me the HT figure is painted nice but the body and skulls could be better. We hope to make our head as good as the HT but we'll have to see. I think they put most of the focus on the head but the mouth is kind of on the red side. We were looking at the HT and thinking maybe we can get a better paint job but we'll have to wait and see. Wouldn't it be great if we could and I can tell you at the bigger scale it will be really impressive.
Lots of fans seem to be kind of upset the new HT Predators cost so much. I'd say yeah but look at the paint jobs. That had to cost a lot to paint that nice.

tankman
11-25-2010, 10:13 AM

That would so rule wouldn't it?

denger4000
11-25-2010, 10:13 AM

Hot toys is still better, that thing looks like a giant toy, hot toys is a work of art.

JacktheRipper
11-25-2010, 10:14 AM
How soon will you guys see a sample figure, Kyle?

tcollector
11-25-2010, 10:28 AM
I've been a HT fan but I must say that these look very promising. I'll save final judgment when we see the final products. :lecture

I for one am just glad to see the strong interest by companies to put out more Predator products no matter who is behind it. :yess:

csutkakoma
11-25-2010, 10:28 AM
It might be kind of tricky really to get the net off. For me the HT figure is painted nice but the body and skulls could be better. We hope to make our head as good as the HT but we'll have to see. I think they put most of the focus on the head but the mouth is kind of on the red side. We were looking at the HT and thinking maybe we can get a better paint job but we'll have to wait and see. Wouldn't it be great if we could and I can tell you at the bigger scale it will be really impressive.
Lots of fans seem to be kind of upset the new HT Predators cost so much. I'd say yeah but look at the paint jobs. That had to cost a lot to paint that nice.

Thank you Tankman! I really hope the paint on the hunter will turn out great. Also I am still amazed how good the sculpt looks like on your pred. I don't know if you remember, but earlier we talked about the accuracy of the Predator maquette. While it is very accurate...I am shocked that your pred is even more dead on than Sidesow's piece which I own. And this is a big deal! You are really a great talent and I am happy because you are here and talk with us in this forum. For long time I only bought high end collectibles and this will be the first when I will buy something which is not in that category. This is how movie accurate your predator is. Congratulations! :clap

bplus73
11-25-2010, 10:32 AM

Should add-in Berserker.

Boba Ben
11-25-2010, 10:35 AM
I'd like to get the masked version and one of the unmasked versions as well. I just don't know if I should go with the closed mouth or open mouth for the unmasked. I'm kind of leaning toward the open mandible one.

tankman
11-25-2010, 10:38 AM
You sir are 100 times (or 1000 times, insert whatever makes sense to you) more talented then me and many of us here who do not do any kind of paint, sculpt, customizing of figures, etc. But what you just said is without a doubt ripping on the HT Predator, and at the same time, whether you realize or not, throwing a virtual dump on ppl who paid after market prices (169 is nothing compared to what a lot of us "late arrivers" paid) on the pred 1. :mad:

You're right that that was a jerk off thing for me to say really. I missed out on the HT P2 and just payed over 300 for it. I want the Elder but I'd have to pay about 5 to 600 for him. Never again will I miss out on these guys and justify it by telling myself well their thin or whatever. In hand they're so much fun and I'm happy I got 4 Predators and am looking forward to the new ones. I just got the Guardian and had to pay a lot for him also. I guess I'm taking a dump on myself too because as a Predator fan I know I must own these guys and sometime you have to pay to play.

csutkakoma
11-25-2010, 10:38 AM
Hot toys is still better, that thing looks like a giant toy, hot toys is a work of art.

Both have high and low lights. To me the screen accuracy matters most. I mostly collect statues . I never liked the HT Predator...but this is because I prefer movie accurate pieces. Don't get me wrong I am not trying to start a war between Neca and HT lovers...Hot Toys is a great company and finaly they are making great looking preds with the Predators line. To me the Neca one is more superior...the only question is will the paint be good enough? If not I will go with a repaint and it will look amazing.

slipknotpredator
11-25-2010, 10:44 AM
I dont get those "if the paint is bad i`ll repaint it" comments. I like to pay for something i dont need to mod, and even if i wanted to, i dont have the skills.

marisinacc
11-25-2010, 10:44 AM

For me its just the other way round.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and in my eyes the articulations, too big backpack and gun, and thin legs and arms on the HT makes toyish (a fantastic toy I have to say!), while Kyle's looks like a a lifelike cast of Kevin Peter Hall in the Predator suit.

I guess it depends on everyones priorities. Mine is accuracy.

Legion
11-25-2010, 10:47 AM

Yeah all those joints really take away from the toy-like quality...:slap

Not being a fanboy, I dont even collect Neca, but that doesnt make sense...

May have to start on Neca with this guy though :D

-edit- 3rd... I should really refresh the page before replying :lol

csutkakoma
11-25-2010, 10:50 AM
I dont get those "if the paint is bad i`ll repaint it" comments. I like to pay for something i dont need to mod, and even if i wanted to, i dont have the skills.

Me too but at that price range it is not a big problem...at least to me.

greygoose
11-25-2010, 10:50 AM
I'd like to live in a world where a company can produce a figure of the quality of Hot Toys with the movie accurate sculpting of NECA.

Legion
11-25-2010, 10:51 AM

If your aware of that why not add those before release?

Legion
11-25-2010, 10:53 AM
I'd like to live in a world where a company can produce a figure of the quality of Hot Toys with the movie accurate sculpting of NECA.

You do, they just havent started doing it yet, it'll happen...:pray:

:D

crazypredator2
11-25-2010, 10:54 AM
If your aware of that why not add those before release?

they were left out to cut down on cost.
(sad)

tankman
11-25-2010, 10:56 AM

Lets just hope the paint will be great and the factory does a great job on these.

8th wonder
11-25-2010, 11:00 AM
The only thing that could possibly have ruined the figure is having the netting painted on like the regular sized figure.

The news that this figure will have real netting makes me confident that this will be the best 87 predator collectible out there.

Legion
11-25-2010, 11:04 AM
they were left out to cut down on cost.
(sad)

Thats a shame, not the end of the world really though

Legion
11-25-2010, 11:19 AM
Argh! Did someone post a link to a video tour of this? I'm sure I saw it in a post but now I cant find it...

TrackerPredator
11-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Here's to hoping they make a 1/4 City Hunter too.....please NECA!

Reaktwon
11-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Really great news, looking forward to them. 5-6 months and counting! :clap Would have been better for the fans if we got the open and close mandible heads with the masked version. But I guess NECA is a business and not a charity... Hope it ends up that way in the end. Or all those preds are going to take up a lot of space!

Ratzo99
11-25-2010, 11:49 AM

Are you being sarcastic? I hope so...
The Neca sculpt has no obviously visible joints, whereas the Hot Toys version is covered with big obvious joints, so I think you've got the two mixed up. Hmm?

prefused
11-25-2010, 11:52 AM
there are talented artists on here who do commissions for repainting figures. i've had several of mine repainted. most of them from Hot Toys. there's no such thing as a perfect factory paint app. i'll probably get this thing repainted too.

Avenger
11-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Are you being sarcastic? I hope so...
The Neca sculpt has no obviously visible joints, whereas the Hot Toys version is covered with big obvious joints, so I think you've got the two mixed up. Hmm?

I think they're going to disguise the joints with the straps. I can see on their promo ad/poster, the predators left knee appears to have a joint behind the knee armor.

I personally don't care about the joints. It's part of figures, and if they try to disguise and hide them, they're easy to ignore. It looks like they're going to do that with these figures, but I'm sure you'll be able to spot joints if you care to look for them.

Avenger
11-25-2010, 12:03 PM
there are talented artists on here who do commissions for repainting figures. i've had several of mine repainted. most of them from Hot Toys. there's no such thing as a perfect factory paint app. i'll probably get this thing repainted too.

Not to mention, 75 bucks for one of these is not any more expensive than the unpainted models you can buy and have painted. If it were the cost of a hot toys figure, I'd be inclined to agree it's a bit nuts to pay the price only to have to repaint it. But, at this price, it's about the same as a model and way bigger.

Cdiesel09
11-25-2010, 12:08 PM
I wish they would do a 1/4 Berserker.

Cdiesel09
11-25-2010, 12:12 PM
I'll mostlikely get all three depending on what this actually looks like when it's released. Using a different factory means nothing because Neca has said that in the past and I really don't see significant differences in older and newer figures from them. The netting is probably going to be a _____ to take off, since it will probably be in sections.
If it looks anything like their 2up I'm in:
Im definitely getting that Elder. Looks fantastic.

Cdiesel09
11-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Pre-ordered the helmeted version. Only one I need.
Where do you pre-order this at?

prefused
11-25-2010, 12:38 PM
Not to mention, 75 bucks for one of these is not any more expensive than the unpainted models you can buy and have painted. If it were the cost of a hot toys figure, I'd be inclined to agree it's a bit nuts to pay the price only to have to repaint it. But, at this price, it's about the same as a model and way bigger.
no kidding. if this thing was a resin kit would be $300-$400. and easily triple that for a quality commissioned buildup. NECA is practically giving these away. plus a kit wouldn't have all the articulation. i'm pretty stoked to get a complete set of these for $250.

marisinacc
11-25-2010, 12:41 PM
250 including shipping? BBTS has a 3 versions pack for just $200 :)

Cdiesel09,

Google for "big Bad Toys Store" and there you go!

marisinacc
11-25-2010, 12:44 PM
no kidding. if this thing was a resin kit would be $300-$400. and easily triple that for a quality commissioned buildup. NECA is practically giving these away.

ABSOLUTELY agree here! Oh those resin garage kit days. The cheapest you could get a decently sculted pred was 150!

Johnny Utah
11-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Kyle - Randy confirmed we were getting at least 3 Arnolds from T1 at Toyfair...just want to say thanks for pushing the envelope. No one gets all the details of Schwarzenegger's physique and face as accurate as you. Looking forward to seeing what you have in store. You made Toyfair '09 with FOUR Arnolds from T2.

Blade3327
11-25-2010, 01:05 PM
no kidding. if this thing was a resin kit would be $300-$400. and easily triple that for a quality commissioned buildup. NECA is practically giving these away. plus a kit wouldn't have all the articulation. i'm pretty stoked to get a complete set of these for $250.

Or for $200 at BBTS. I'm pretty sure these will increase in value over time. The McFarlane AVP 12" Scar took four years to go up in price by only $25. This guy, however, really does have the potential to become a grail piece, like NECA said on Twitter. If done right, they'll have a serious hit on their hands.

Captain
11-25-2010, 01:09 PM
What will the dreads be like? Will they be like the Hot Toys dreads, bendable or molded?
The figure looks great.:)

Reaktwon
11-25-2010, 01:31 PM
When are we going to see some photos?

Macularius
11-25-2010, 02:23 PM
That would so rule wouldn't it?

Honestly I think any one of the predators from the three main movies in 1/4th scale would rule.

Jace Madan
11-25-2010, 02:46 PM
What will the dreads be like? Will they be like the Hot Toys dreads, bendable or molded?
The figure looks great.:)

They will probably be identical to the 8" versions, just molded rubber. Aside from the real netting, the figure is probably identical in most aspects to the 8" version. And the 8" version is freakin' awesome, so I have no problem with that!

Predator vs. Alien
11-25-2010, 02:53 PM
As far as dreads go, I hope they'll be like HT's but molded rubber is fine with me. I'm still happy he's 1/4 scale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still can't believe it's happening:lol

Darth_Fatso
11-25-2010, 03:31 PM
Tankman, any chance we'll see some other Preds in 1/4 scale like P2 Elder or Berserker? Hell even a 1/4 Wolf Pred would be awesome.

Lord Freezer
11-25-2010, 04:21 PM
In my opinion, rather than Berserker on a large scale would be more beautiful City Hunter Predator.

The pieces will be 5.000 or 15.000?

csutkakoma
11-25-2010, 04:25 PM
I belive each version will have 5000 unit.

Macularius
11-25-2010, 05:04 PM
In my opinion, rather than Berserker on a large scale would be more beautiful City Hunter Predator.

Do both!

The Wolf would probably be most intimidating done in the 18 inch scale due to all the gear he has.

I'd love to see an 18 inch tall predalien - technically that would be 1/6th!

a-dev
11-25-2010, 06:04 PM
Tankman, any chance we'll see some other Preds in 1/4 scale like P2 Elder or Berserker? Hell even a 1/4 Wolf Pred would be awesome.

I don't think we'll get an answer to that until Neca sees how this one sells.

Their first priority after this will hopefully be the P2 City hunter in the 8" range.

Darth_Fatso
11-25-2010, 06:10 PM

I don't think we'll get an answer to that until Neca sees how this one sells.

Their first priority after this will hopefully be the P2 City hunter in the 8" range.

The P2 City Hunter is my fave Pred design wise (there I said it) and if NECA would be a grail especially in 1/6 or 1/4 scale. Still Berserker and Elder in 1/4 would be awesome!

a-dev
11-25-2010, 06:16 PM
I agree its an excellent design and P2 has almost the same nostalgiac value to me as P1. I have the McFarlane and Hot Toys P2s - it seems only natural that I need NECAs too and better still that I know that one will be as accurate as can be if Kyle has anything to do with it. Not trying to stroke his ego there but its true, he knows his stuff when it comes to these creatures as much, if not more, than the most a-n-a-l retentive among us here.

sparkstron73
11-25-2010, 06:24 PM
250 including shipping? BBTS has a 3 versions pack for just $200 :)

Cdiesel09,

Google for "big Bad Toys Store" and there you go!

Would I be able to get these on pre order from a company in the uk as I dont want to get stung by import tax?

vangeta
11-25-2010, 08:45 PM

Like I said in the previous thread, I'm willing to pay more if they were able to deliver the exactly as shown in the prototypes. Come on NECA, start considering the higher end spectrum of collectibles.

Darth_Fatso
11-25-2010, 10:56 PM

Like I said in the previous thread, I'm willing to pay more if they were able to deliver the exactly as shown in the prototypes. Come on NECA, start considering the higher end spectrum of collectibles.

I SOOOO want the Elder right there!

Seriously I would ____ myself if the paint P1 looked as good as the proto and I agree, I seriously think NECA should consider delving into the high end collectors market. I can only imagine what they could do with licences like Dead Space and Bioshock.

It would be great if this figure came with a base of some kind.

adegregorio
11-25-2010, 11:26 PM
:panic: WOW!!! These look amazing!!!!

Al

MySpace (http://www.myspace.com/aldegregorio)
Kit Builders Magazine (http://www.kitbuildersmagazine.com/)

prefused
11-25-2010, 11:32 PM
those are not mass market figures. they're one of a kind two-up resin prototypes and would cost thousands of $$ each. NECA can't possibly mass produce, let alone sell anything like that. those are more in Master Replicas or SSC territory.

I SOOOO want the Elder right there!

Seriously I would ____ myself if the paint P1 looked as good as the proto and I agree, I seriously think NECA should consider delving into the high end collectors market. I can only imagine what they could do with licences like Dead Space and Bioshock.

It would be great if this figure came with a base of some kind.
we're not getting a base of any kind. we're lucky to be getting this figure at all for the cost.

karamazov80
11-25-2010, 11:36 PM
those are not mass market figures. they're one of a kind two-up resin prototypes and would cost thousands of $$ each. NECA can't possibly mass produce, let alone sell anything like that. those are more in Master Replicas or SSC territory.

Yeah, that's why I'm keeping modest expectations. We'll see if this new factory is really able to manufacture figures worth displaying.

adegregorio
11-25-2010, 11:36 PM
This is true...the one on the right looks like a Joe Dunaway paint up to me... :hi5:

And I can almost guarentee you the paint apps will look nothing like these, but we will see soon.

Al
MySpace (http://www.myspace.com/aldegregorio)
Kit Builders Magazine (http://www.kitbuildersmagazine.com/)

we're not getting a base of any kind. we're lucky to be getting this figure at all for the cost.

prefused
11-25-2010, 11:49 PM
Yeah, that's why I'm keeping modest expectations. We'll see if this new factory is really able to manufacture figures worth displaying.
no matter how satisfied NECA is with the factory paint job, i won't be. i can already feel my wallet aching at what having this hoss repainted is gonna cost.

robbiethepainter
11-26-2010, 12:01 AM
Those body shapes are awesome! Ill get one whether the paint job is good or not. Looks a lot like my old Billikin kit I had in high school. I will be more than happy to do a repaint on this bad boy. Especially for the price.

Lord Freezer
11-26-2010, 02:53 AM

These are prototypes high 12 ". 1 / 4 Predator will be colossal! :clap

darkknight
11-26-2010, 04:06 AM
Wow, just saw them on BBTS and they look pretty cool. Hope the final product will look the same.

Hex
11-26-2010, 04:25 AM
Those are prototypes, anyone that collects NECA will tell you that the final products never look anywhere near as good. It's nothing a good paint job can't fix, though. There was mention of a new factory, so hopefully the paint and construction will be decent quality on this one.

bandito
11-26-2010, 05:00 AM
at 1/4 scale, the predator should be at least 21" (or 21 1/2") tall...

Karatka
11-26-2010, 06:53 AM
Those are prototypes, anyone that collects NECA will tell you that the final products never look anywhere near as good. It's nothing a good paint job can't fix, though. There was mention of a new factory, so hopefully the paint and construction will be decent quality on this one.

Actually, the more I think about it, the less difficult a repaint looks. The netting should hide most minor defects on the body (as it does with HT), and the rest is exposed to paint. Simples!

a-dev
11-26-2010, 07:31 AM
Come to think of it have we ever seen the masked head on the P1 figure in any scale? Other than that Predators damaged bio?

Johnny Utah
11-26-2010, 07:48 AM
No...it was always the Predators version and on a placeholder at Toyfair. I'm worried it'll be squashed down that neck.

bronsson
11-26-2010, 09:00 AM
Tankman & Neca i love you !!!:horror

The dream comes true, thx, thx, thx :clap

Best news of the year !!!

bronsson
11-26-2010, 09:29 AM
And of course its the most accurate and best looking Predator ever made.
Tankman ist the best sculptor worldwide !

And thx God this is not 12 scale.:pray:

csutkakoma
11-26-2010, 09:35 AM
And of course its the most accurate and best looking Predator ever made.
Tankman ist the best sculptor worldwide !

And thx God this is not 12 scale.:pray:

Lets not go that far. It is one of the best definitely. There are a few Pred out there which are as good sculpt wise like this. I am sure this pred will still has inaccuracy. A few little one, just like at the Pred maquette. The Neca pred has too big necklace for example. But overall it is dead on.

bronsson
11-26-2010, 09:42 AM
It might be kind of tricky really to get the net off. For me the HT figure is painted nice but the body and skulls could be better.

To be honest the 12" Hot Toys looks terrible.
His body propotions are more than :monkey4
Looks like a clown, just bad

a-dev
11-26-2010, 09:43 AM
COUGH*Predictable*COUGH

abake
11-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Actually, I would love it if NECA released their aliens and predators in 1/6 scale.

bronsson
11-26-2010, 10:01 AM
Kyle - Randy confirmed we were getting at least 3 Arnolds from T1 at Toyfair...just want to say thanks for pushing the envelope. No one gets all the details of Schwarzenegger's physique and face as accurate as you.

Yes, the 12 is a masterpiece, looks exactly like him
and the Paint on the face looks with the simple trick http://www.slipper-markt.de/images/categories/Wattestabchen1.jpg ), better than the Promo figure. :clap

Before:

http://s1.directupload.net/images/101112/ehxrqb8u.jpg

After:

http://s13.directupload.net/images/101126/wybz9326.jpg

I hope Neca made some day a T-800 in 18" scale, than i sold my 12", dont like the size.

The Rider
11-26-2010, 11:41 AM
It's really cool that comes a 1 / 4 Predator.

I only hope the processing is good and the paint job better than the 7 "figures.
A metalic armor(like the 7" Ebdoskeletton with weathering), darker brown and the right color of the eyes are important.

Only two things annoy me:

1. Three different versions.
This is not customer-friendly, it is pure money making.
With the 7" Figures Neca I can understand, but this would Neca can make interchangeable heads or or a exklusiv version with 3 heads(Comic Con).

2. It would have been really great if we could finally see the Symbols on the arm of the flap(opening Control panel).

Jmek
11-26-2010, 11:42 AM
Dear God NECA, please, please. please use a differant factory to produce these! :pray:

snoop101
11-26-2010, 11:58 AM
^^^ Neca really does need to do something about their paint apps. Their figures are amazing in terms of sculpting, but the inconsistent and sloppy paint apps just flat out ruin it for me. But I hope tankman is right and these do end up looking better than their previous figures.

dupplo
11-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Im hoping for no visible joints.
Anyway Thank You N.E.C.A this figure is a must buy in this scale.

Scuplt is outstanding, N.E.C.A stolen the Predator from the first movie and sold him now for 80 $ :panic:
I think the fans can be happy :wink1:

tcollector
11-26-2010, 02:15 PM
Just pre-ordered the set of three from BBTS. Really hope that these are impressive and the paint apps are upto par.:pray: I believe NECA will put out a quality figure with these. There's too much riding on this for them to fail.

1st) The Predator line is too much of a cash cow to screw up, with all the various figure possibilities. And Predaholics that will buy these and future releases if the quality is there. .:wave

2nd) This line has the potental to raise there "collectors" status in the higher end collectibles market. The 1/4 scale would be their flag ship line.

Blade3327
11-26-2010, 03:26 PM
Exactly. For a company that calls themselves the National Entertainment Collectibles Association, they could be so much more. If they get this 1/4 Predator right, people WILL buy. And if this leads to even more well-done 1/4 Pred/Alien goodness, people will buy even more. All it takes is that first step towards paint perfection.

tankman
11-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Dear God NECA, please, please. please use a differant factory to produce these! :pray:

We are and hoping for the best.

The Rider
11-26-2010, 04:53 PM
Tankman, Neca can not make a more expensive version with all three heads (eg Comic Con Exclusive). You have done such wonderful work in everyone's mind and I want it all.
But I do not need three bodies.
This is too expensive and the space I Spaar for even coming figures.

It would be safe but there are other possibilities.

In addition, it has not exactly customer friendly.

When provided with appropriate quality is not to do with three heads for 80 dollars, ok.

But there should be a way how to get to their heads.

Accesorie sets would also be great to find that two heads are included and even some accessories like a skull and a Base.

If you value these presentations could then buy.

loriolus
11-26-2010, 05:03 PM
Exactly. For a company that calls themselves the National Entertainment Collectibles Association, they could be so much more. If they get this 1/4 Predator right, people WILL buy. And if this leads to even more well-done 1/4 Pred/Alien goodness, people will buy even more. All it takes is that first step towards paint perfection.

Difficult to expect a paint perfection at a $75 range. I do think that they will in fact improve the paint apps but it's still gonna be behind HT. Funny thing is that I was thinking about making a 1/4 scale P1 with real metal armor, and a few days later I hear this coming from NECA.

Predrhone
11-26-2010, 05:17 PM
If they needed to charge $85 to $90, possibly even $100, to include all three heads with each figure, I think it would still be worth it. I think it has more appeal than that limited Balroq figure from a few years back, which was around that pricepoint and was of similar size and scope.

At the very least, it would be cool to narrow it down to two releases (open mandibles, closed mandibles) and include the helmeted head with each one.

Blade3327
11-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Difficult to expect a paint perfection at a $75 range. I do think that they will in fact improve the paint apps but it's still gonna be behind HT. Funny thing is that I was thinking about making a 1/4 scale P1 with real metal armor, and a few days later I hear this coming from NECA.

Not necessarily at HT's level, but for a larger figure with no sculpted netting to worry about (and that costs two times the price of their normal large pieces), I'd expect it to at least look nice even up close.

The Rider
11-26-2010, 05:51 PM
Neca could sell absolutely separate the heads and some accessories, so everyone could buy what he wants and the price would still be attractive.

bronsson
11-26-2010, 05:58 PM
Complicate this thing not to much, everything is fine now.

1X Open mouth Predator pls :thud:

Sabres21768
11-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Neca could sell absolutely separate the heads and some accessories, so everyone could buy what he wants and the price would still be attractive.

You absolutely DO NOT know what they can or cannot do and still remain cost effective and make a profit.

Please...enlighten all of us with your knowledge on injection molding (how these figures are made) and the cost effectiveness of how it's done.

The Rider
11-26-2010, 06:26 PM
Why should it not funktionierenä?

Of course it is.

The head is indeed an item that is produced separately as the hands and feet.
It has for the part of the head is different other shapes and mounted them to the individual heads.

You could also just sell the masked head and the head with open mouth seperately.

CelticPredator
11-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Sabres...it's not impossible for them to include extra heads. They've done it before with sculpts full of detail in the 18 inch scale. It's not unheard of. Would I expect THREE heads in one package? No. But I would've been fine with 2. I know how this process works. I've known for years. But dispite that, NECA could've done it. Not much I could do about it now. Which is why i'm disappoined. Dont tell me I dont have a right to be.

That being said, I've already said my peace on the matter, and NECA aint gonna change their minds. So i'll buy the closed mouth when I can see some actual product photos.

bronsson
11-26-2010, 06:38 PM

Could ,Could ,Could :lol

Neca could made a figure of THE RIDER,
that would be the first figure that I would directly destroy.:panic:

Joking

bronsson
11-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Sabres...it's not impossible for them to include extra heads. They've done it before with sculpts full of detail in the 18 inch scale. It's not unheard of. Would I expect THREE heads in one package? No. But I would've been fine with 2. I know how this process works. I've known for years. But dispite that, NECA could've done it. Not much I could do about it now. Which is why i'm disappoined. Dont tell me I dont have a right to be.

That being said, I've already said my peace on the matter, and NECA aint gonna change their minds. So i'll buy the closed mouth when I can see some actual product photos.

You lying, i have much 18" figures here and only Jason (remake), Rob Zombies Michael Myers , freddy from the NEW NIGHTMARE and the Freddy from Freddy vs Jason coming with two.

They have more than 50 figures in 1/4 and as i said only four with two heads

The Rider
11-26-2010, 06:50 PM
Could ,Could ,Could :lol

Neca couls made a figure from THE RIDER,
that would be the first figure that I would directly destroy.:panic:

Then bring me examples or even arguments.
As yet nothing came of you.

toys210
11-26-2010, 06:53 PM
Mcfarlane made a 12 inch Robocop for only 35 to 40 bucks, how can anyone here justify paying $80 for buying a blown up 7inch figure with netting

a-dev
11-26-2010, 06:56 PM
That was years ago and emphasis on 12". I don't think theres much correlation

toys210
11-26-2010, 06:59 PM
That was years ago and emphasis on 12". I don't think theres much correlation

mcfarlane are still making 12 inch figures and they are still within 35 to 40 bucks, just becuase is a few inches taller does not justify doubling the price, and the fact that it only comes with 1 head, that's a ripoff in my opinion:gah:

bronsson
11-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Only two members here crying; CeltiC and Rider !

bronsson
11-26-2010, 07:01 PM
Mcfarlane made a 12 inch Robocop for only 35 to 40 bucks, how can anyone here justify paying $80 for buying a blown up 7inch figure with netting

And neca have the most accurate Robocop to date in 18" scale for 40 bucks:hi5:

toys210
11-26-2010, 07:04 PM
And neca have the most accurate Robocop to date in 18" scale for 40 bucks:hi5:

good catch dude, i totally forgot about that one..... more reasons why neca is trying to rip us all off