Star Wars Weekends 2011... Anybody Goin'?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Protozaius

Chief Defender of Faith
Reaction score
Just curious if anybody is planning on going this year and experiencing the new Star Tours ride.

It's strange that they haven't revealed the new logo yet or any of the merchandise that will be available. I really liked the Mickey and Boba logo of last year. I'm assuming it has something to do with the new Star Tours reboot. Perhaps it all ties together so they don't want to reveal it quite yet.

They do have a Facebook page though.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Disneys-Star-Wars-Weekends/105058056197470

I might go. I've never been because it is so packed but I have a friend who would like to go. I'll go one weeknight for Star Tour II.

Oh, and if anyone is thinking of going, you may want to go opening weekend...

I might go. I've never been because it is so packed but I have a friend who would like to go. I'll go one weeknight for Star Tour II.

The first time I went to SWW, in like 2005 was by accident. We didn't know it was that weekend, but the Stormtroopers walking around clued us in.

The strange thing was, it really wasn't crowded at all. Either I got lucky, or maybe it's like the Halloween Party, where every year gets more and more busy.

The first time I went to SWW, in like 2005 was by accident. We didn't know it was that weekend, but the Stormtroopers walking around clued us in.

The strange thing was, it really wasn't crowded at all. Either I got lucky, or maybe it's like the Halloween Party, where every year gets more and more busy.

Did you go on a Friday?? I usually go on Saturdays, but I think they have it on Fridays too.

~~I'm thinking about going, but not sure if I'm motivated enough to go through the hassle of flying to get there. I used to live about 45 minutes away so it was no big deal--go for a couple hours then head home. Now that I'm up in the Pandhandle, it's a journey.

The only time I went was in 2005 for my 10th wedding anniversary for the first two weekends. It was a lot of fun and I was hoping to return someday, but it's quite a financial undertaking since I travel with a family of four and live in Oregon. So WDW is a rare treat for us indeed.

And after having one of our BEST vacations EVER this past Christmas at WDW, I doubt I will ever enjoy the WDW parks again without it decked out in tinsel.

My girlfriend and I went on the first day last year- that day was the 30th anniversary of Empire- and it was an experience I'll never forget. I wish I could go again this year, but we won't be making it back to Disney until next year.

100_1042.jpg

Where is that Tantive IV set location at? It wasn't there in 2005. :gah:

My girlfriend and I went on the first day last year- that day was the 30th anniversary of Empire- and it was an experience I'll never forget. I wish I could go again this year, but we won't be making it back to Disney until next year.

100_1042.jpg

Darth Goofy...I love it. :clap
Looks like you had a blast.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm hoping for some good pictures. I at least got one with a sand trooper. Nothing with an actor or anything. When I was there, the only actor doing pictures / autographs was Jake Lloyd. :slap

I did stumble across the openning day commemorative shirt:

goa018317small.jpg

Looks snazzy!

Pretty nice looking... love the Slave I on there.

I wish I still had my poster from the original Star Tours opening day. It had two M&Ms walking down the plank from their ship onto Endor. But unfortunately, it got lost in a move.

Looks like they finally released the logo for this year:

swweekends.jpg

As well as the full roster of celebs attending this year:

MAY 20-22
- Anthony Daniels (C-3PO)
- The Clone Wars Special Guest: Dave Filoni (Supervising Director)

MAY 27-29
- Anthony Daniels (C-3PO)
- Bruce Spence (Tion Medon)
- The Clone Wars Voice Talent Guest: Dee Bradley Baker (Captain Rex)

JUNE 3-5
- Ray Park (Darth Maul)
- Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett)
- The Clone Wars Voice Talent Guest: Matt Lanter (Anakin)

JUNE 10-12
- Ray Park (Darth Maul)
- Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)
- The Clone Wars Voice Talent Guest: Tom Kane (Yoda)

Just missed Park and Bulloch. :gah:

Oh well, Daniels is still awesome.

And that's if I even brave the potentially brutal line for him.

Back