a dreadful problem...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BankruptCollector

Freaked Out
Reaction score
as a collector one of the worst things is; finding ur grail, buying it, waiting for it in the mail....to finally opening it up and realizing that the piece doesn't fit in the planned space u were going to display it.

i got the D. vader bust today, had a space on my cabinet designed for this piece using measurements i grabbed off the net. im maybe a quarter of an inch off, the bust is too tall, it wont fit into the shelf. great. fantatstic. swell. perfect. mad::mad::mad::mad:: :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2 :monkey4:slap:gah:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that with or without the helmet on?

without the helmet it fits fine. but that arch running down the center of the outter shell/visor of the helm killed me....the thing is, my wife says i can't display it without the helmet...she says its scary. so im pretty much screwed.

How many wives do you think she needs?

EDIT: Oh. Now I get it.

As usual, the reality is much less interesting than what it could have been. :monkey1

How many wives do you think she needs?

EDIT: Oh. Now I get it.

As usual, the reality is much less interesting than what it could have been. :monkey1

I need 10! Woops...off topic. My bad.

Hope you find a solution to your cabinet problem. :peace

tumblr_kx2tfsciel1qz7np5o1_400.jpg

It is always better to make sure to give yourself some extra room on measurements when building a space out for something like that.

Guess you found that out the hard way, sorry.

It is always better to make sure to give yourself some extra room on measurements when building a space out for something like that.

Guess you found that out the hard way, sorry.

Yeah always give yourself an extra couple of inches or wait for it to come and then measure it accurately.

Totally agree :exactly: and sorry for your problem BC. :(

When I had made the cabinets prior of having the statue in hand I always let some extra room and also asked for shelves that can be placed up or down. When I made my Vader cabinet i had the guy come over, measure it and then design the entire cabinet after it. And this is how it turned out:

Vaderdisplay02.jpg

as a collector one of the worst things is; finding ur grail, buying it, waiting for it in the mail....to finally opening it up and realizing that the piece doesn't fit in the planned space u were going to display it...

Well, it could be worse. It could have arrived broken

Last edited by a moderator:
FUUUUUUDGE, I thought this was going to be more interesting. Buy one of CoCo's pedestals and call it a day. :dunno

Last edited:
Back