Fanart Mars Attacks! movie poster (work in progress)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avenger

Super Freak
Reaction score
I had a flux capacitor moment a few days ago where a poster for Mars Attacks popped into my head. I've been working on it. I'll be updating this as I go for those who care to come back and see it.

Making good progress, still a ways to go.

It's my first time using Illustrator, so it's going a bit slower than I'd like. But, I'm learning a new program which is always good. Hope you enjoy!

It's 100% made/remade in vector graphics.

Update:

Had freelance work to do this week, so didn't get much time on this. Got a moment tonight though, so here's an update.

I wasn't pleased with how he other alien approach was matching what I did, and it was getting way too complicated. So, I scrapped that approach and started over on him. I think this will fit in better.

ambb.jpg

And the overall up to the aliens:

marsattacksposter.jpg

Last edited:
I like what I see so far! Nice job. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

It's looking good dude. Keep adding the new version rather than updating... I like seeing the progress step by step. Nice work in the last 24hrs!

Thanks and will do. I'm on the aliens now, and with the cartoony look of vector, I'm going through some trial and error to add enough detail to get passed that. So, updates may come a bit slower for a few days while I iron things out.

Last edited:
Love it great work.Have you looked at any of IDW's Mars Attacks! comic it's not too bad.

Back