Legend Blu-ray Announced!!!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Monster

Super Freak
Reaction score
Legend Blu-ray Announced

Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced Legend for Blu-ray release on May 31. This Ridley Scott fantasy film starring Tom Cruise as a forest dweller who must defeat the Lord of Darkness (Tim Curry) will be presented in an Ultimate Edition BD, featuring two versions of the movie: the 114-minute director's cut and the 94-minute theatrical cut.

Special features include:
Commentary with Ridley Scott (on the director's cut)
Isolated music score by Tangerine Dream (on the theatrical cut)
Lost scenes
Creating a Myth: The Making of Legend
Music video: Byan Ferry, "Is Your Love Strong Enough"
Theatrical trailers
TV spots
Photo gallery
My Scenes
BD-Live
Pocket BLU App

https://www.amazon.com/Legend-Ultim...QML8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302192576&sr=8-1 :rock:D

I know it's a cult favorite and the Darkness was a bad ass design. However, the movie was rather ____ty IMO. :lol

It is. But it's worth watching just for the creature designs. But yeah, other than that it is a pretty ____ty movie.

A childhood fantasy classic for me. Even if it is not that great!
It's one of those childhood faves I grew up on, that no matter...when I watch it, I get all warm and fuzzy on the inside :)

I've seen an HD version of this film on Tv fairly recently and it looks astounding. I put in my dvd afterward to compare, and I swore that I'd never watch it again. Wish I didn't delete that recording now. I still don't own a Blu Ray player unfortunately.

I own it and honestly the directors cut of this movie is so much better than theatrical. Watch that instead and you'll see the movie differently - the studio really messed with it.

I own it and honestly the directors cut of this movie is so much better than theatrical. Watch that instead and you'll see the movie differently - the studio really messed with it.

Absolutely. Replacing the original score with that Tangerine Dream soundtrack was criminal.

Im the opposite. The Goldsmith score doesn't even go with the film. It feels like you're watching the movie on mute while listening to the score of another movie. There's a reason why it was replaced for theaters. Almost makes the film unwatchable for me. The first 30 minutes in particular are excruciating.

I dislike the Goldsmith score as well. It just doesn't seem to fit into the movie. It's also very... just .. bleh, I guess. There's no oomph to it, and feels emotionless. Granted, I first saw this movie when it came out on VHS when I was 5 or 6, so the Tangerine Dream score is pretty well imbedded in the nostalgia region of my brain.

Im the opposite. The Goldsmith score doesn't even go with the film. It feels like you're watching the movie on mute while listening to the score of another movie. There's a reason why it was replaced for theaters. Almost makes the film unwatchable for me. The first 30 minutes in particular are excruciating.

Sounds like Rambo to be exact. :lol

Back