EBAY issues, NEED HELP!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BankruptCollector

Freaked Out
Reaction score
first, i'd like everyone's help with an issue ive encountered over Evil-Bay. i purchased a shock trooper helmet made by MR off the bay. the item was shipped to my friends address in the states (only US shipping). my friend received numerous packages for me during that time frame, so he THOUGHT that he received the item. he didn't want to open up and pack back every individual item, so he didn't thoroughly inspect the shipments. he brought the items back to me two weeks ago, and to my dismay the helmet was not there. i checked my ebay account and the seller sent me a message that i did not receive until recently (he sent it about a month ago, i did not see it until a few weeks ago and the item was purchased 2 months ago). the message stated that he received the helmet returned to him in the mail, he requested a new address to be shipped to. i tried messaging him back but to no avail. i tried opening a dispute over ebay but it stated that the time frame for all items was 60 days, thus resulting in them being unable to rectify this problem. i called ebay and they advised me to open up a internet fraud claim over ic3. i did so....but it doesn't seem like its doing anything! has anyone encountered something like this? i know it was probably my responsibility to check into my ebay account periodically, but checking into ebay isn't always good from a economical stand point, i usually use the out of site out of mind approach. what do i do now???? any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Well it sounds as if the seller was honest and did try to contact you. You should be able to get some other contact info for the seller from ebay. Not sure though as you are past the 60 days but I know in the past you could get an email and even a phone number again that was a long time ago. Did you pay thru pay pal because you can also try them. I went past the 60 days and it was a little more work but paypal was able to get my money back.

if the seller is honest and received the item back - surely he isnt going to do you over ?
if they are still listing keep trying to contact them and go thru paypal

Well it sounds as if the seller was honest and did try to contact you. You should be able to get some other contact info for the seller from ebay. Not sure though as you are past the 60 days but I know in the past you could get an email and even a phone number again that was a long time ago. Did you pay thru pay pal because you can also try them. I went past the 60 days and it was a little more work but paypal was able to get my money back.

yes, he did contact me initially...but has chosen to not reply me for over 2 weeks. i guess i'll give paypal a shot, how do i do that btw? can you give me a quick run through of what you went through in order to get your money back?

you will have no recourse through paypal.

paypal and ebay are one and the same.

Did you use your credit card? If so, dispute the charge with them. Most credit cards give you 90 days to dispute an item.

if you paid via your back account, there is really no option at this stage unfortunately.

maybe ask for the seller's phone number (from paypal/ebay) and try calling him?

you will have no recourse through paypal.

paypal and ebay are one and the same.

Did you use your credit card? If so, dispute the charge with them. Most credit cards give you 90 days to dispute an item.

if you paid via your back account, there is really no option at this stage unfortunately.

maybe ask for the seller's phone number (from paypal/ebay) and try calling him?

that is really all he has left ... this will force ebay and paypal to do some thing ... this is how i fixed my problem in the past with paypal ... a finger in the eye to them when you go around them to your CC company

PayPal changed not so long ago and I have found them to be really good at getting you a refund

Back