Do the ringed hands on "City Of" Angel bother anyone else?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheObsoleteMan

Super Freak
Reaction score
I can certainly live with them, but those rings make it feel like he's still a Buffy figure. I'm hoping they give him normal hands for the production version, but I won't hold my breath.

I hadn't even noticed. I was too excited about wrist stakes!!!

This is the sort of thing that wouldn't dawn on me until I have had the figure in hand for a while and then "Hey, what a minute..."

Seaward said:
I hadn't even noticed. I was too excited about wrist stakes!!!

This is the sort of thing that wouldn't dawn on me until I have had the figure in hand for a while and then "Hey, what a minute..."

LMAO! I was thinking the same thing. But now that it's been mentioned, I'll have to take a closer look. Although it probably won't bother me as I don't typically pay too close attention to the hands.

It bothers me as much as the inaccurate ear rings on Vamp Buffy, it's a detail that would make the figure more accurate.

Darklord Dave said:
To be honest, the costume being the same as the original Angel bothers me more...
Dave: Are you referring to the fact that Angel's dressed all in black as is Becomming Angel?

There are differences between the figures, i.e., pleather coat vs. cloth coat, black shoes vs. brown shoes. Shirt may be the same and I can't tell if he is wearing a belt, but if he is, it's definitely more subtle than Becoming Angel's.

At any rate, that get-up was pretty much his "uniform of the day."

dmnangl.jpg

True, I mean, how many DIFFERENT outfit types did Angel wear? It was pretty much "dark pants, dark shoes, dark shirt, black leather coat".

Not a lot of variation to play with.

That was one vamp in desperate need of having his "colors" done. :lol

Angel spent a lot of time in the morning trying to coordinate various shades of black.

The outfit is kinda samey, but this is all the guy wore!!!

As long as they don't re-use Faith's head for Cordelia, I am okay with it!

Yeah, I noticed the ringed fingers a few days ago. It does bother me a bit, I really wish they would have extra hands for Angel and Buffy figs the way they practically give them away with Star wars.
Although he's SUPPOSED to be from the ep 'City Of,' his costume was always black, black, and more black throughout Season One w/ a sprinkling of lame J.Crew sweaters here and there.
In Season Two he started wearing different color shirts but wore stupid 'swishy' pants all the time, and in Season Five he switched to suits.
(Okay, I'm way too observant and watch a lot of Angel. I've seen the whole show at least four times over and pay attention to these things.)
All in all it seems we'll have a very nice 'vanilla' Angel, although I'd like them to give him new hands, even if they're the generic 'one trigger, one semi-gripping' hands we've seen a thousand times before.

I'm not sure if he wore different outfits in the early episodes but since he came in control of Wolfram & Hart, I've notice him wear color more often and suits. I'm fine with the reuse of the hands and the similar outfit, I'm sure that people who missed out on the first Angel figure will be more then happy to see him in his uniform.
The only thing that I wouldn't like is if Sideshow gave him grandpa pants again. :(

screamingmetal said:
The only thing that I wouldn't like is if Sideshow gave him grandpa pants again. :(
It seems to be the same outfit, so hopefully they took the extra effort to tailor the pants a bit better.

TheObsoleteMan said:
It seems to be the same outfit, so hopefully they took the extra effort to tailor the pants a bit better.

And I think he will be on a taller body than the first one - at least I think I heard that somewhere!

I don't know why it would be on a taller body. All the Angels have been on the standard body, which is appropriate for DB at 6'1".

Yeah, it was Spike who was on the wrong body. I hope future Spike's are put on the Jedi Luke body (but with the arm length fixed) so that he's a hair shorter then Angel. There's just something not right about having them the same size....especially when Spike's head is so much bigger!

Darklord Dave said:
I don't know why it would be on a taller body. All the Angels have been on the standard body, which is appropriate for DB at 6'1".

Really? I'm wondering if I got the wrong body for my Becoming Angel because he is definitely shorter than my Origin's & Vamp Angel. I'm uploading a picture of my three figures side by side.

Okay here's my pictures but please keep in mind that it is my picture that is crooked and not the figures. The figures are on a level shelf and the two Angel's on the end are the same height. The ruler is level but looks like Vamp Angel is taller because of the angle of the picture. You can see a definite gap over Becoming Angel's head which looks a little bigger in real life. I also looked at my daughter's Angel figure and hers is the same height as mine so I don't think I got accidental short body with mine.

153898801_39b62a94f6.jpg

153898802_caca8b4c61_b.jpg

I made sure all three figures were standing as straight as possible, backs against the wall and feet approximately the same width apart.

Now, in observing them, Origins Angel and Vamp Angel seem to have longer necks than B. Angel does so maybe the bodies are the same size and it's the neck length which makes him shorter.

I've just downloaded the new QTVR of Angel. Rings or not, I can't wait for this figure. :D

Is the figure still on course to be released in June? :confused:

Protozaius said:
I've just downloaded the new QTVR of Angel. Rings or not, I can't wait for this figure. :D

Is the figure still on course to be released in June? :confused:
It wasn't in the shipping in 30 days section of the newsletter, so it will be the very end of june if it makes it.

Back