Backings for shelves ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cloud Warrior

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have seen so many peoples set ups with some very nice looking backings for particular figures. I am now at the stage in one of my deltof cases that I now would like so backings myself to hide the blandness of the wall behind the case.
I would like if possible some opinions and advice on what and where to get some suitable images please.

I have shelves themed such as
1)Batman/Dark Knigh/Batman 3t 2)Predator/Predators 3) IronMan/2/Avengers
4)Star Wars 5)Terminator 6)Resident Evil Movies/Game

All I'd like is a backing to match the mood of the characters. Could I get a suggestion or two on peoples impression on what the individuals represent. Such as - Dark Knight I was thinking of a big bat symbol but with some joker touches. I know so little of where to look for such images but also little on how to make them.

Thanks in advance.

I've seen a lot of people using actual comic books as the background for displays. They display #1 issues, or autographed issues, or some other milestone issue etc etc.

Also, some of the Side Show pieces come with a fine art print as part of the EX so I imagine people use them as backgrounds as well.

If you're looking for just prints, you can find many on Amazon, Ebay, or even poster sites. Depends what you want I suppose.

Wish I had the money to get a few comics on display. :(.

I think my only option is either a link to some good images to print of at home or to find something size suitable at a shop.

Thanks

Np! Remember, you don't have to get crazy expensive comics to display. :horror

I mean, I'm using a Doom #1 to go with my Doom Maquette and that issue cost me $3 :lol

As long as you like the cover than the comic shouldn't really matter, and odds are those who view your setup won't know the value of the comic anyway!

Let us know what you decided :peace

Yeah since when did comic values all of a sudden skyrocket?

You could find TONS of comics for probably any character from a comics world for cheap....search Ebay.

I was practically giving my whole collection away a year ago. They just don't sell and many auctions start and end at $.99 for an issue. Just keep checking, you'll find something great I'm sure!

Yeah, comics make great backdrops. I've used them many times. Definitely don't have to be pricey ones like mentioned. Just whatever looks good.

I've even scanned and resized them to 6x9 to fit in my display shelves like this one for Boba.

I will have a look for comics. I honestly haven't looked up them for years and expected them to be more collectable with all the super hero movies of late.
Also I would of been someone that looks toward the expensive comics due to desirability - If others like/want it, it must be a good choice to put up.

Hopefully I can find something nice on the ebay UK market.

Thanks

Yeah, comics make great backdrops. I've used them many times. Definitely don't have to be pricey ones like mentioned. Just whatever looks good.

I've even scanned and resized them to 6x9 to fit in my display shelves like this one for Boba.

Wow Coco that's gorgeous. :yess:

I've been searching for good comic book frames but can't find good ones that aren't pricey. I might have to go your route and scan covers than fit them in normal frames. Well done.

:clap:clap:clap

I imagine this will give me a mixed set of responses but ..

Can I have a opinion or two on what people would associate with each theme please ?. I have been looking up a few images through a google search but would like to see if anything totally escaped me.

For instance ..For the Batman shelf I was looking at getting a nice big picture of Arkham Asylum from the game (with no luck).
Does anyone have a fresh prospective on each of the original listed shelves please. Be it certain comics, images, etc

Thanks

I imagine this will give me a mixed set of responses but ..

Can I have a opinion or two on what people would associate with each theme please ?. I have been looking up a few images through a google search but would like to see if anything totally escaped me.

For instance ..For the Batman shelf I was looking at getting a nice big picture of Arkham Asylum from the game (with no luck).
Does anyone have a fresh prospective on each of the original listed shelves please. Be it certain comics, images, etc

Thanks

If it were mine, I would use a comic or comic/game cover scan that fits the theme of your figures.

For example, if you have Batman's and they are an "Arkham" series, then use a scan from the Arkham game coming out. If your Batman's are from a specific movie then use images from said movie, etc.

Think I will have to have a look up online at some of the comic book covers then. In my town we only have 1 very small comic shop.

Would a normal comic cover be able to stretch well enough to fit a deltof shelf without any major loss in image quality ?.

Think I will have to have a look up online at some of the comic book covers then. In my town we only have 1 very small comic shop.

Would a normal comic cover be able to stretch well enough to fit a deltof shelf without any major loss in image quality ?.

Great question, I'm not sure. I know putting 2 comic books side by side perfectly cover the entire back of a Detolf.

Hopefully, someone has tried just 1 expanded scan and can let us know :impatient:

Great question, I'm not sure. I know putting 2 comic books side by side perfectly cover the entire back of a Detolf.

Hopefully, someone has tried just 1 expanded scan and can let us know :impatient:

Hopefully we will get a response. I do like the idea of comic book covers behind a few figures but for my Predator shelf I'd like to get a more environmental look.

So hard to find a image to satisfy my wants. I was trying for a American city scape , rain forest but with some light, something for Iron Man / Avengers and then a star wars clone wars scene. I would like images from the relevant movies but I just cant seem to google well enough to find them.

I would like to get both a large comic cover and the environmental backgrounds to compare the looks. I want something fitting but I don't want it to take focus from the collection it self.

Does anyone have a few good images of Joker playing cards by chance ?. I got a few cards from actual decks but they are very bland.
If I could get a few nice and fitting looking cards to print out for the back of my Batman shelf that would be great.
Looked through google images but most are either watermarked or off angle/not scanned.

Back