Lukes Ring-Piece!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PsychoCenobite

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was fiddling with Lukes ring-piece (from his lit light saber) the other day and it popped off! :monkey2

I've got a dark carpet and can't see it anywhere.

Do you think a small bit of wire will be okay to replace it?

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

PsychoCenobite said:
I was fiddling with Lukes ring-piece (from his lit light saber) the other day and it popped off! :monkey2

I've got a dark carpet and can't see it anywhere.

Do you think a small bit of wire will be okay to replace it?

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

I can understand your plight. I dropped mine and took nearly 2 hours to find it!

I would imagine if you could get a small bit of wire to hold it it'd be fine. Another possibility is maybe if you can get a big magnet or something and move it along the floor it might pick it up?

I wonder why they didn't fix it so its more stable...

This is a good point. Is Sideshow going to fix the rings so they don't fall off all the time?

The ring on my Luke's saber was a bit crooked, I was so tempted to straighten it out; with my luck though it would probably fall off and end up in my dog's stomach. Maybe some day I'll try to fix it, I just have to work up the courage.

If you have a Michael's or a Hobby Lobby, in the bead section they have small metal rings that would work.

If you have a Michael's or a Hobby Lobby, in the bead section they have small metal rings that would work.

jumpring.jpg

Be cool if SS sold the lightsabers for customizing and what not. Then you'd be set.
Not sure, but I tried straightening my hilt ring and I think it scratched the paint. Scratch could have been there from manuf though.

Might be worth calling CS.

I think in the future instead of just putting two little indentations for the ring to stick into it'd be better to have the hole go all the way through and the D ring stick through that. I think someone on the board put a little drop of superglue on theirs to keep it in place.

the triangle rings on my sabers are totally crooked and dont even look straight.

am I the only one?

Mine are pretty crooked. And are yours actually triangles? Mine is shaped like a D.

oops seems i got carried away...after looking at mine again, yes they are also D shaped triangles. lol

Agent0028 said:
I think in the future instead of just putting two little indentations for the ring to stick into it'd be better to have the hole go all the way through and the D ring stick through that. I think someone on the board put a little drop of superglue on theirs to keep it in place.

This is what Medicom has done for it's lightsabers.

Mines pretty bad too, but also pretty fragile... I'm always worried it will break.

I'm actually very interested in how SSC will handle the PT lightsabers... you know, the lack of rings... the clips they use to hold the saber on their belts?

It will be cool to finally see how that all works. That and the belt pouches! :monkey5

youve never seen a PT saber and covertec clip in person?

Its a pretty cool contraption. it allows you to lock the saber in place on your belt while avoiding it from swinging back and forth. yet if you want to you can easily unlock the saber and take it out of the clip with just one hand. really really cool. Also it seems like the covertec distributes the saber's weight pretty well so it doesnt really pull down too hard on your belt.

mine fell off the other day when I was changing positions, I just stuck it in my ziploc baggie of accessories for now.:chew

When I first saw the title for this thread, all I could think of was one word...

Proctologist

having read some of the posts, I still only come up with one word...

Proctologist

Ever since I heard someone describe a hot dog being full of "ring-pieces"...ugh. Sorry to have my mind in the gutter!

The ring piece on my Luke (ahem) is crooked, but it seems so fragile that it is best left alone. See, try not to go there!

Back