The 30 best directors working today

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deckard

Super Freak
Reaction score
Never usually agree with this sort of tripe but I have to say this isn't the worst list I've seen especially from such a mainstream site.

My only real issue would be with the overall order, I'd put Gilliam, and a few others a bit higher on the list, and drop Aronofsky a few slots lower.

The only one that really felt out of place to me was M. Night Shamwowalomadingdong.

https://www.imdb.com/list/FpOnpwRQdSw/

I would replace a lot on that list. Baz Lurhmann even on the list is absolutely ridiculous. Baz Lurhmann at #8 on that list is off the charts bat ____ing rehtarded mother humpin' stupid.

Well if you wanna get technical it says best directors working today not best directors directing today. :lol. And I would argue that Speilberg has been working more then Scorsese.

:lol

Well Scorsese has had The Aviator, The Departed, and Shutter Island as his last 3 commercial films and Spielbergs had nothing since 2008 and his last 3 were Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull, Munich, and War Of The Worlds.

:lol :lol

It's really not the worst list in terms of who's on it and the majority of people filling out the top spots are more or less deserved, I'm not familiar with Luhrmann's films.

But as far as modern day cinema goes, I'd say Cameron should be getting more attention then Steve for his work in motion capture etc. Both contributed a great deal to CGI, but there contributions in terms of stories lately have been far from original or mind blowing. I think there ratings are more or less deserved especially because of how big they are and the rare ability they have to choose those stories as well.

So, looks like this list was just created by some guy. . . :lol I guess the same goes for lots of these lists, but no evidence that this list was compiled by an expert or a survey or anything like that.

I might get around to it about the time you grow up. :lol

Soooooooooooooooooooooo?

06025225_.jpg

Yeah, seems like they were grasping at straws with a lot of those guys.

I wouldn't say alot, I'd say theres about 5 people I would subsitute out completely for other directors not mentioned, and for the most part would rearrange the rest of what was left.

Back