Just Cancelled my Sith Anakin!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abstractharmony

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys just cancelled my Sith Anakin as Forbidden Planet are stocking him at £36.99 and that's about £20.00 cheaper than from Sideshow Direct.

So......I've cancelled my order and hopefully some waitlister on this board will benefit.

Good luck!

cool. i hope someone here gets it.. i have two on order-- one from SS and one from another site. this way i can display one and hide the other in my closet.

Here's even better news. I just cancelled my Anakin Exclusive, so some lucky fan will be delighted to know that his waitlist number is up! I figured one Anakin is plenty, and the one to own is the SDDC one! :fireworks

Mookeylama said:
i'm confused. isn't £36.99 about $73.00 in US funds? if so, it's still cheaper from SS, at least in the US.

Yeah, but for people in the EU....the fees can take their tolls, ramping up the price a bit. And I think that Mr. A. Harmony lives over there, so for him... it's probably a much better deal. :monkey3

congrats guys!!! i know it sounds retarded, but in quest to have two sith anakin's i ordered one from this site to have imported here in the U.S. :monkey5 :monkey5 i know... you are gonna call me crazy, but i want one for display and one to keep stored away.

hairlesswookiee said:
congrats guys!!! i know it sounds retarded, but in quest to have two sith anakin's i ordered one from this site to have imported here in the U.S. :monkey5 :monkey5 i know... you are gonna call me crazy, but i want one for display and one to keep stored away.

Yup. It is pricey though but that is the way I collect things. Two of each. I don't even open any of them at all soemtime. Whomever is the lucky one Congrats on acquiring a great peice. I just hope its not another scalper. :monkey2

I cancelled my SDCC Darth Vader as well, so there's another Wait List collector who'll be getting one.

To ease my wife's worries that I was going to let my SW spending spiral out of control, I offered to cancel Vader in exchange for Flex-Paying the Dagobah Luke and Yoda PF exclusive. Now, I have a huge gap in SW 12 inch figures in the month leading up to the first payment.

I have one ordered from Forbidden Planet and Sideshow, but I'm just wondering if Forbidden Planet can fulfill all the orders they have had?

To cancel too soon with SS would be a mistake?? ..

WW :lsvader

Welsh Wizard said:
I have one ordered from Forbidden Planet and Sideshow, but I'm just wondering if Forbidden Planet can fulfill all the orders they have had?

To cancel too soon with SS would be a mistake?? ..

WW :lsvader

Probably.

I'm in the same boat with imported Hot Toys Robocop. I got a great deal from Corner Store Comics, but my friend who runs the local comic shop told me stories of how SSC had a tendency to cut short their retailer account orders if they themselves received more orders through the main site.

So I ordered mine for CSC, but I also pre-ordered from SSC. What I'll do is waiting until I get the 15 day notice and call CSC to see if they can and will fulfill my order. If so, I'll cancel SSC without penalty. If not, at least I have the SSC order (even if it will cost me an extra $20-25).

My advice: keep the SSC order. You can always cancel at the last minute or sell the extra to another collector (just please don't scalp it).

Yeah, I don't trust Forbidden Planet anymore. I ordered what was clearly identified as the 1:6 Hot Toys Predator Scar (from their website) and they even pictured the Hot Toys 1:6 Predator but what I recieved was the Hot Toys Snap-Kit Scar.

It was complete fraud. And when I e-mailed and told them that what I wanted was what was described and what was pictured they told me that they would refund my money but not send me what I paid for. If they had been in the states, where I know my rights, I would have made a stink. But as they're in England, I didn't know what else I could do.

BTW, they never refunded my transaction fees that their payment partner collected and a month later I found out that my cc info was stolen from the site and I had to get a new cc issued and change all the info on my SS pre-orders.

So anyway, good luck with them. Hopefully my experiance was atypical and not a trend.

I wound up cancelling my Sith Ani a week or so after I ordered it, I figured if I was that much on the fence there was bound to be someone on the waitlist who wanted it more. Plus I figured that those Sith Eyes will look alot cooler in the PF treatment, and I'm sure they'll do a sith eyes Anakin in that format. I hope I was right on both counts.

I cancelled my sith exclusive too, will probably do the same for the SDCC. Hope they go to someone here off the waitlist!

Wow alot of people are cancelling this sucker. Woner how many cancellations the average sideshow item gets...

I'm on the waitlist for Sith Anakin. I got on about an hour after pre-orders started. Bring on the cancellations.:D

JustinLuck, I'm totally on your side haha. We need to get as many people as possible to cancel so we Wait-Listers have a chance.....starting with the people who have ordered twice....:emperor

Are there any US online retailers that are selling the SDCC Darth Vader Sith Apprentice? I don't know if I want to risk buying from a retailer "across the pond," such as The Forbidden Planet Store.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back