Where are the 1/6th Serenity figures??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
carbo-fation said:
A lot of people have been asking about this line. I don't know why SS hasn't picked it up yet. :monkey2

Maybe because the show got canceled after only one season?

Don't get me wrong, I loved the show and the film.

True... it didn't even have one full season. Only a half a season.

Just because it got cancelled in it's first season doesn't mean it doesn't have a huge fan base. The DVD set is one of Fox's most successful dvd sets and is there top ten list three years after it's been on the market. When it aired it had more fans watching than BtVS or AtS but because it was on a bigger network they weren't satisfied with the numbers. Most people who have become fans became fans after it was released on DVD because they had never heard of it. Fox did a poor job promoting the show, aired the episodes out of order and constantly pre-empted it for baseball so it had a hard time finding an audience.

When it aired in other countries they showed it in it's proper order and it quickly acquired a huge fan base and people who got to see it in it's proper order where perplexed at why Fox would show it out of order, skip the pilot epiosde and show that last and cancel such a great show. Fox execs even admitted after the fact that they had made a mistake. Yeah, I'm betting once they saw the demand for the dvd set and realized how much more money they could have made knew they had thrown out a huge money maker.

So the argument that it only had a half season and isn't something that would make a successful line of figures just isn't a viable argument considering how well the dvds have sold, and are still selling three years later. It has the fanbase and most collectors of the Buffy figures have already expressed a lot of interest in a Firefly line and collectors who aren't fans of Buffy but of Firefly have also expressed their interest for Firefly figures as well.

Darth Rage said:
Maybe because the show got canceled after only one season?

Don't get me wrong, I loved the show and the film.

... and Pumpkinhead made less than 5 million at the box office and Sideshow made a maquette of him. :confused:

Of course, we all know the reason why HE was made. The ties Sideshow has to Stan Winston Studios is not to be underestimated. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

All we can do is to keep reminding Sideshow that we DO love Firefly/Serenity and that a 12" line would be successful. I, myself, is planning on bringing it up a few times at SDCC. :D

Firefly would be the third jewel in the Whedonverse Triple Crown!!! I think if Sideshow was judicious about the edition sizes, these would be a huge hit.
I know people, and by people I mean me, would be ecstatic to have both Firefly and Serenity versions of each character.

I knew the show had a dedicated fan base, I just didn't know it had a large one. I didn't really discover this show until it was over. I know fans can have tremendous impact. Look at what hapened with farscape. That show returned for its "closure" mostly due to clammoring fans.

Again, its a great show and an even better film. But it all comes down to will it sell. Maybe it will. Personally, even though the show was great, I don't think the figures would be all that interesting. That's just me though.

The lackluster performance of Serenity probably didn't bolster Sideshow's confidence any. It was hyped to the moon and back and then just sorta feel flat at the box office, maybe SSC is afraid the same thing might happen with the figures.

Sideshow is not known to take too many chances in the marketplace. Not recently, anyway. Their choice of Kiss to premiere their Legends in Music PF line proves it. :rolleyes:

Yet, I wish they would just take this ONE leap of faith. Please, guys... I promise... there WILL be enough browncoats there to catch you. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Seaward said:
I know people, and by people I mean me, would be ecstatic to have both Firefly and Serenity versions of each character.

There's a difference ????? I know some are different - but they tended to have differrent costumes episode to episode (i.e. Simon & Lenora).

I'd be glad to have all the normal ones. I'd probably even get a spare Zoe to kitbash as the K Division Agent from Alias as well. And her uniform would make a good Original BSG female uniform (at least the pants).

I know the movie wasn't a blockbuster but it did make back it's initial budget and then some the 40 million or so that went into it. Last I total I had read about was over $50 million world wide and that's not counting the dvd sales and merchandising. It has been in Amazon's top 100 since it's debut last November. It needed to make twice the budget in order to green light a sequel. There's been several different books made about the series and the movie as well. So there's obviously a market for it if they are continuing making books and items like the Serenity ornament and lighter that should be coming out soon.

I have a friend who doesn't collect action figures but has said he will buy any Serenifly figures if they existed. I'm sure there are other Browncoats that will go nuts over a decent treatment of the crew after the Diamond Select disasters.
Personally Serenifly is second only to Babylon 5 in terms of dream lines.
I aim to misbehave.
Browncoats Forever

And if anyone hasn't seen the Mal version of the six inch figure and wonder why they didn't sell well I introduce to you "Mal the Chinese constipated Browncoat"!

PX%20Mal%20in%20Blister.jpg

Yeah I really hope Sideshow's (apparant) lack of interest isn't due to the DST figures. I'd have bought those myself(got the Reaver anyway) if they were well sculpted.

You don't know how many times I've had those DST abominations in my hands... ready to buy them only to chicken out in the end and put them back on the shelf. I might still buy one or two if the comic stores start clearancing them out. At VERY reduced prices.:rolleyes:

I've gotta get my Serenity fix.. even if I have a Mal figure that looks like Lindsay Buckingham from Fleetwood Mac.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Please Sideshow help save me... from myself!!!:google :google :google

Lord Azreal,
to answer your question, there were a lot of differences in characters costumes for the films that differentiate them from the series, usually in terms of the material being used. for examplke, Mal had regular ol' suspenders for the series, but had some weird plasticky contraption for the film (I guess it would be more "Sci-fi). I would actually prefer both versions of some of the characters, like Shepard Book. He could have a tv version, in his grey shirt and his hair tied back, a film version in the black costume and his hair in the tight rows, and an exclusive version with his hair popping out when he scared River. Some other changes are more for the particular scene, though, like Simon never wore anything too memorable, but his officer's outfit from when he infiltrates the hospital to rescue would be great.

I really want this line to happen, though, and it wouldn't be complete until we got a polystone Jayne statue, as made by the mudders. Hey, if they can make a Lawgiver statue, they can make a statue of the hero of Canton.:lol

If you couldn't tell, I really like Firefly/Serenity!

Seaward said:
Lord Azreal, like Shepard Book. He could have a tv version, in his grey shirt and his hair tied back, a film version in the black costume and his hair in the tight rows, and an exclusive version with his hair popping out when he scared River.
Omfg, the River/Book hair scene! "It'll still be there waiting." I almost lost bladder control when I saw that scene it was soooo funny. I'm in tears now just thinking about it. BEST. LINE. EVER. :lol

I really like the Hero of Canton idea too.
Browncoats Forever

I am pretty sure if the DVD sales continue to increase, the show will be picked up again. Isn't this what happened to Family Guy? Come on FOX, get rid of American Idol and bring back Firefly.

carbo-fation said:
Come on FOX, get rid of American Idol and bring back Firefly.

Yeah, like THAT is going to happen. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Though, I'd like to see FOX replace Randy Jackson with our favorite Pylean green demon Lorne... as the contestants sing he can read their chances for a future in show business. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

I COULD HAPPEN! :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Back