Hello, all! From Carl (aka "IrishJedi")

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
A little about me:

My name's Carl. I'm a longtime "Star Wars" fan and collector (been going at it since 1977, when I was 5... hey, my parents got it started for me) and I'm also an admirer of SSC's great work. I also enjoy SSC's many other licensed lines, including "Planet of The Apes", "X-Files", LOTR, "Terminator", New Line Horror, and more.

My "real" full-time profession is that of a Sr. Technical Project Manager at an email company in the Atlanta area. But I am also a longtime freelance writer and have been lucky enough to cover both "Star Wars" and SSC for several different writing projects and articles. I'm also working on 2 non-fiction SW books, one of which should be published next year. So I hopefully have some insight I can share with my fellow SS Freaks from time to time.

Cheers!

:emperor

Well hello..seems like you have a lot on your plate....thats cool about the book...welcome to the board!

IrishJedi said:
No doubt. I even forgot to mention I have a wife and 3 kids. :google

Thanks for the warm welcome!

How do you find the time:confused: ....I have a hard time just going to work and paying attention to my girlfriend....

Last edited:
:chew The Welcome Wookiee!:chew

I've been collecting since 1977 myself. If you don't mind me asking, what aspect of Star Wars are your books about?

Batty said:
:chew The Welcome Wookiee!:chew

I've been collecting since 1977 myself. If you don't mind me asking, what aspect of Star Wars are your books about?

Well, the first one is a Travel Guide to the various locations within the United States that were used in shooting footage for the films. We spent a lot of time researching it and travelling to all kinds of locations (Death Valley, the Imperial Sand Dunes near Yuma, AZ, Crescent City, CA, etc.) and believe we now have the most documented information on these locations possible and will be able to provide any information anyone could possibly want on these places, from historical facts, maps, production anecdotes and reference photos... to actual GPS coordinates.

No title for either yet, though the Travel Guide is now 98% done so we should have one soon.

The other is a "diary" of sorts that chronicles the experiences and POV of a longtime "Star Wars" fan from the 'dark times' post-ROTJ through the release of the prequels.

Welcome IrishJedi hope u enjoy the forum and yes i promise there will be no Irish Jedi jokes as were all a serious bunch here at freaks.:naughty :wacky :D
;)

Back