Premium Format Opinions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wjefsoccer

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I've been getting into Sideshow lately. I have been a loyal Gentle Giant customer, but over the past couple years, I have lost some interest with them and their business practices.

I have 2 Star Wars PF's so far (Yoda and Clone Trooper & SS Ex Clone Trooper). I am considering adding to my PF collection and since I don't have a long history with SS I want other collectors' opinions on the best PF pieces. I've always had my eye on the Grievous and would definitely love to pick that one up at some point if my finances ever allow it. But what other pieces are on top of the favorites list?

I am biased, but think they are all great (even the han and anh luke, which can be had for $100 each).

It really depends on your collection focus. I would say go after the older ones first, as they will be cheaper.

If you are thinking about fett, I would suggest getting him soon, as the price will undoubtedly rise once the han in carbonite pf is produced.

I would stay away from vader. He will go down in price once the new one is produced.

My favourite is the grievous exclusive with the scout/speederbike being a close second.

best of luck!

I am biased, but think they are all great (even the han and anh luke, which can be had for $100 each).

It really depends on your collection focus. I would say go after the older ones first, as they will be cheaper.

If you are thinking about fett, I would suggest getting him soon, as the price will undoubtedly rise once the han in carbonite pf is produced.

I would stay away from vader. He will go down in price once the new one is produced.

My favourite is the grievous exclusive with the scout/speederbike being a close second.

best of luck!

:goodpost: I agree with everything ambasah said!

My personal favourites are

General Grievous Exclusive (Ex Cape is a must)
Darth Talon
Darth Vader
Clonetrooper
Anakin Skywalker
Boba Fett
Tusken Raider (very underrated statue)
Jedi Luke
Bikerscout on Speederbike
Count Dooku

I have numerous pfs from sw, love em' all! If I had to choose one favorite it would be grievous and the scout trooper + speederbike in a near second. But the ot obi wan and vader are super sweet next to each other...

I own 7 Star Wars Premium Formats.

General Grievous
Anakin Skywalker
Assaj Ventress
Leia
Han
Luke
Darth Maul,

And every Pf does have something about it,but from these,and some i have seen in person,but don't own.
Assaj is the winner for me.

Purchased it before i saw the new clone wars show,only saw the micro series at the time.To stand aside Anakin,wich is cool.
But she is cool in every display option.

For me:

Best PFs
Yoda vs Clonetrooper PF
Darth Vader PF
Darth Maul PF
Darth Talon PF
Boba Fett PF
General Grievious PF
Speeder Bike PF

best of luck!

Stay away from him until the new one comes out or stay away from him all together because it will supposedly not be worth anything?

The current Vader PF is awesome and a must own. With SSC shaky track record with PFs sometimes, you cannot be guaranteed that the new Vader will be better.

Grievous is a must own but save some money by getting the regular and get the custom cape on the boards. It is 10x better than the SSC ex cape.

Talon is also an amazing PF that I want to own some day.

I own the vader pf exclusive but he is not my favourite. he's not even in the top 5. having said that, he displays well with obiwan.

my suggestion was that he is not worth the premium being charged these days and once the new version comes out, the original should be available for a better price.

I own the vader pf exclusive but he is not my favourite. he's not even in the top 5. having said that, he displays well with obiwan.

my suggestion was that he is not worth the premium being charged these days and once the new version comes out, the original should be available for a better price.

that's what I'm hoping for! :pray:

my obi-wan is lonely :lol

I own everyone of the Star Wars PF and multiples of a few of them. I would get as many as I could. Most of them are great.

I own four PF figures they include Vader, ANH Luke, Anakin, and Jedi Luke (not pictured) which I just bought. I'd say as to my favorite it would have to be a toss up between Anakin and Jedi Luke. I think Sideshow has really picked up thier game in the PF medium especially in face sculps the last couple years. Both of these I think nail Mark Hamill and Hayden Christensen.

I'm going to go with the speeder bike as well. Over the top awesome.

Agreed!

...and I loved my Grievous PF but sold it because it's such a space hog.

The first Luke is awesome if you can find one with a good paint job - I bought and sold 4 before finding as good one.

The new clone is excellent too. I find myself wanting to purchase a second so I can display both helms - damn you Sideshow!:lol

Personally I love the Boba and the Grievous PF as well as the speeder bike...theres just to many good ones.
Hmm...i knew SS was working on another 1:6 Vader, but I didnt know they were doing another Vader PF. I'll definetly be on the look out for that.

I have 8 Premiums Format of Star Wars, they are:

Darth Maul PF
Anakin Skywalker PF
Darth Vader PF
Count Dooku PF
General Grievous PF
Yoda and Cloone PF
Luke Skywalker PF
Boba Fett PF

Some pics of them:

dsc05020qu.jpg

dsc05032az.jpg