What about this "Mace" headsculpt?...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyAndFight

©Fly, All rights reserved
CF Supporter
Reaction score
If not mistaken, this one comes from Dragon/DML on one of their S.W.A.T. figure releases. It's painted by the incomparable Boot25.

Just wanted to bring up a different interpretation in 1/6th scale of Samuel L. Jackson. Discuss amongst yourselves... ;)

Morgan Freeman is the first person I thought of when I saw that. I dunno why, because it doesn't really look like Freeman.

It's an excellent sculpt, but not quite like Jackson. Maybe it's the angle, but he looks a little sleepy. The SS sculpt looks like Mace.

Excellent paint, and a decent sculpt but I would not have known who it was unless specified.

I really like the paint job. I think the sculpt is excellent as just a human head. It's a poor sculpt and poor paint if it's supposed to be Jackson.

I don't like the SS sculpt but even I admit it does bare some resemblance to SLJ. That DML sculpt is not terrible but used for a Mace Windu figure it's about as accurate as the Medicom Jedi Luke likeness is to Mark Hamill :lol

Batty said:
I really like the paint job.

Batty said:
It's a poor sculpt and poor paint if it's supposed to be Jackson.

:google huh??

It is a good sculpt and does have a passing resemblence to Jackson. Even more importantly, the figures arms are proportionate to its body. :monkey3

If this was Joe Nobody, the paint and sculpt are excellent. The only reason I think it looks poor for Jackson is because the skin tone it too light and it doesn't quite look like him. It's hard to tell from one photo. It's always hard to tell from one photo. Look at the beating preview pics take! In person it could look just like him. When it comes down to it, it really doesn't matter. It's not like this is for some figure I'll own, unless it's that Joe Nobody figure I've been looking for. :D

I do agree about the arms.

Back