Problem with SW SST stands

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KillingYouGuy

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have been re-organizing my display cases and several figures that were held up by the SW stands peeled the silver paint away (it is now permanently stuck on the feet) as I removed them, are other people seeing this? Seems like a huge overisght on SST's part to not have sealed the stands if this can happen...

Yeah, that's been happening since the Luke Jedi figure days. I always figured it was the combination of the plastic boots with the paint.

Typically happens with the shiny black boots more than any other. Kind of annoying, but seems like its happening across the board.

I saw it pretty much right away with my first SS figure: ANH Han. It was only a couple of days when I saw the silver paint had stuck to the bottom of his boots. I've had all my figures avoid the logo ever since.

Same problem here. What I did was letting the figure stand on the base but not force him on it but just "slightly" let him hang in the stand.

Wish I had known, not that you really display the bottoms of a figure's feet, but it is there now and nothing to be done for it, my perfect figures are now "imperfect" :monkey2 :eek::crying:crying:crying:eek: :monkey2 oh my resale value...

I heard of some members using transparent plastic sheet (like the one used for food) to cover the stand thus avoiding direct contact of the feet with the stand.

I heard of some members using transparent plastic sheet (like the one used for food) to cover the stand thus avoiding direct contact of the feet with the stand.

Good Solution, for now I am trying to balance them in the case, I was surprised how much better they all look sans stands.

They look better without stands indeed, but personally I wouldn't try it. On the other hand my SS Stormies and the Sandtroopers won't stay up without the stands.

Was just thinking about that before I read your post. May do that to the stands of figures with plastic boots this weekend.

Back