Olly moss star wars mondo prints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because they look fantastic AND that they were so limited.

They are cool but no print or piece of paper would worth that much, excepting maybe a real big check or a very old and rare document. Prints are not too different than a better and limited type of xerox paper IMHO. :monkey1 :monkey3 To have the original art drawn by the artist is one thing, to have a print is something different...

Because people (particularly a specific breed of Star Wars collectors) are nuts and have more money than sense. Like jk says, no way in the world that these were limited enough or special enough to warrant that kind of money.

Agreed. As much as I still want them, I would NEVER send that kind of money on them so these are an easy pass.

Ooh, those are pretty. Anyone have a spare twenty-four hundred dollars that they could just give me?

They are cool but no print or piece of paper would worth that much, excepting maybe a real big check or a very old and rare document. Prints are not too different than a better and limited type of xerox paper IMHO. :monkey1 :monkey3 To have the original art drawn by the artist is one thing, to have a print is something different...

Exactly...there is NO WAY I would drop that kind of coin, even if I had it for those prints...

I've heard that it has more to do with the artist than the actual subject matter. I guess this guy is apparently a famous, sought after "underground artist." Some of the others aren't quite as popular.

Bingo. I completely agree.

Whatever it is, it is still a print. With, I believe, 500 of each of those floating around? I don't suppose any of us collecting toys and statues should be throwing stones too hard. But damn.

That's a lot of money for some paper that will majorly drop in value after a few years when people get over this whole Mondo thing.

I have a set, they are awesome in person. I paid $150 + shipping for them.

I really want this set, but I can't justify the price...when they first came out they were 150, that's more than a ten fold increase...I would rather dump 2k on some vintage OT posters, seems like those would retain/increase in value more...

Those are fantastic looking posters... I'd imagine a lot more could be made off of the designs if they were readily, and cheaply, available. I'd love to have a framed set of all three.

These are the only ones in the series I have not got and I would like to get them. If anyone would ever want to sell theres I would love to have them but I do not want to spend $2000 on them.

Why is it overpriced??

Because some shmuck thinks he can get that much money for them. They won't sell at that price though.

Back