LOTR Extended Edition Blu-Ray Preorder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cash-grab. "Limited?" That's cuz they know it will be defunct when the big set comes out.

Who here doesn't think there will be a giant extended set that includes the extended editions of THE HOBBIT in 2015?

I agree, but this is the bluray people have been waiting for given the crap theatrical cuts that were released early.

What you are saying is along the lines of "when the next Star Wars trilogy comes out there will be a 9 movie mega set". Well, yeah, but who is holding out for that when they can finally enjoy this now in HD? Just get the extended editions of the Hobbit when that comes out.

Not to mention that not all extras will necessarily be carried over to any future sets. Sometimes there are legal issues that prevent certain featurettes from being included on newer releases.

I just preordered it however it is stated that this might not be out until 2012 hopefully this set gets the treatment it deserves. I read reviews about the theatrical cuts on bluray and let's just say the pic quality left a lot to be desired.

so this "new" extended cut will have all the scenes as the dvd extended cuts? or will there be others we haven't seen? i think that's the question we should be asking. oh and yes....the theatrical blurays aren't great, the picture quality doesn't jump out at you..

Who here doesn't think there will be a giant extended set that includes the extended editions of THE HOBBIT in 2015?

Me. *raises hand in class*

They will release the hobbit Blu ray/DVD theatrical set first followed by extended edition sets.

Then in 2017 they will release the giant extended set.

I preordered as well. Though I must admit being a little confused by the "Limited" tag... What is that supposed to mean?

I would guess limited similar to how the Extended DVD set was sold... where eventually you will not be able to buy it in stores, but it will be sold for a long while.

I'll wait to order it until they have a release date. 2011-2012 is a bit to vague of a date range for me to want to commit the $$$ towards a set.

Awesome! Ordered this motha :rock If they do an ultimate set with the Hobbit down the road I'll get that too. I could give a ____ less if this is a cash grab.

Back