Current Hot Toys Muscle Body Guide

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Since I happened to rack up a fair assortment of Hot Toys Muscle bodies this past few weeks, I thought it might be helpful to some to see them side by side.

dsc01915l.jpg

From left to right:
Advanced Truetype, Royce, Barney Ross, and the T-800 (T1).

Royce, Barney, and T-800 have rubber upper chests to the neck. The rest is plastic.

Royce sized figures:
Wolverine
The Comedian
Royce
Dastan

Barney sized figures:
Barney Ross
Whiplash

T-800 sized figures:
T1 T-800
T2 T-800

DSCN5934.jpg

Persues. All plastic. Feet pegs are unique and not compatible with normal truetype ankle pegs. Photo credit: YoNoSe

Here is the Dutch/Redfield:

IMG_3490.jpg

photo credit: CREG Customs

This is an all rubber torso and arms body, but there is a joint at the shoulder.

King Leonidas:
IMG_2877.jpg

This is an ALL rubber body. All joints are internal and hidden. Ankle pegs are not compatible with normal Truetype ankle joints, just like Perseus.

Photo credit: CREG Customs

I hope some find this helpful.

Last edited:
This should maybe even be a sticky thread - I know people get confused about which bodies have rubber, which have sculpted necks, etc.

Here's a snap of the Perseus, too. Now who's got a Leonidas? :lol

DSCN5934.jpg

Considering the Perseus and Leonadias have only be one-shots, I didn't include them. Plus I don't have them :lol

But that should help people regardless!

If I knew how to switch the legs, I'd really like to try using a Royce torso with Perseus legs to replace Leonadia's rubber body.

Credit: Xenoviper
IMG_7186.JPG

IMO hot toys should have done this instead, just so it would put to rest any uneasy person who has deterioration in mind... just have a sculpted midscection

If I knew how to switch the legs, I'd really like to try using a Royce torso with Perseus legs to replace Leonadia's rubber body.

It's not hard. I used the Perseus torso and swapped out the legs for regular TT legs for my Jack Shephard.
You just unscrew the big ball joints at the tops of the thighs. Usually one half will pop right off and the other has to be pulled out (nothing too forceful, it's meant to come out).
It's a bit of a pain to shimmy it into place on the new body but I've done it twice and even if you bang up the socket a bit it doesn't effect the articulation.

Cool. I may just give that a try then!

Oh, and I updated the first post with your Perseus shot to keep things somewhat organized for casual viewers.

Great collection! This is great for a newbie collector/customizer like myself! I really need to try to get my hands on a T-800...

Hard to say, but based on the size of the figure I'd imagine the Royce one. Possibly with the longer ankle extenders.

Great collection! This is great for a newbie collector/customizer like myself! I really need to try to get my hands on a T-800...

Well I'm going to try and switch The T800 body with the Thor body. I really want a buffer Thor.

twik25, you can't go wrong with the T800.

Arnold-1-1.jpg

Arnold03-1.jpg

Do any well trusted ebay sellers have the likes of the T-800 body or the Barney Ross body (and head) for sale. I'm getting sick of my half-arsed cyberdyne T-800 and I'm thinking of breaking my ebay virginity. I also would like to be able to set up 2 versions of Barney ross when I eventually get him.

I have one reserved at Toys2. Just waiting till Sgt. Barnes from Platoon comes out to ship them together....mind you I thought Barnes would have been out by now.

Back