Your fav figures and pre format hair.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buffy-collector

Super Freak
Reaction score
So what do you rate all the buffy figures you have?
1-10 give reasons..
Exclusive pg buffy(9)really nice from a gd episode

vamp buffy(10) whats wrong with her???
master(8) great although he could be uglyer
dru(9) love her,just wish her neck was longer buts shes amazing.

origin angel(8) great clothes and likness.
der kinderstod(7) grest figure,crap character
angel(6) hes good but a little fat
vAMP spike(5) boring and i h8 the character
oz(7) great but his shirt sticks up
xander(8) hes good but what episode is he based on
grad buffy(4) red eyes
hush buffy( un episode specific)2
willow(5) too pale and you no why..
(vamp willow(7) her pants are baggy and a boring character

i love pg buffy excluisve

Hush Buffy - 8 - make-up/paint too heavy on one eye and outfit not accurate but great sculpt.

Gentlemen - 9 - Fantastic sculpts and outfits but should have at least painted the arms to match the hands.

The Master - 10 - great figure all around with both the sculpt and the outfit.

Vamp Willow - 8 - pretty good sculpt and outfit but both are a little off in regards to how she looked on tv.

Graduation Buffy - 10 - Outfit, sculpt and paint job very nicely done (mine doesn't have the pink eyes problem).

Human Spike - 10 - I don't need to give reasons on this one, everyone who has seen him knows he's absolutely perfect!!

Human Angel - 9 (would have been a ten until I saw the prototype for 'City of' Angel which looks so much better!). A great sculpt but would have been better on a taller body. And although I love the sculpt, he looks pretty angry!

Prophecy Girl Buffy Exclusive - 9 - Great sculpt, dress and Jacket but had to work with the hair a bit to make it look great and the face is a bit too dark.

Prophecy Girl Buffy regular - 9 - Same as above but without having a jacket to cover her exposed joints it kind of takes away from the overall impression. But I love the long, loose hair!

Der K - 10 - absolutely fabulous figure! Outfit is perfect as is the sculpt. Came with great accessories too with the book and kid's drawings from the episode.

Faith Exclusive - 1 (or 4 if you get the scythe) - Have to be extremely harsh on this one because it looks nothing like Faith and if someone had shown me this figure and asked me who it was I wouldn't have had a clue. The scythe is great but that should have been saved for a Chosen Buffy!

Willow Exclusive- 7 - The face somehow got stretched out a bit during production and the paint job is almost non existant on her. Plus they gave her blue eyes?? But, you can still recognize who she is when you see her (unlike Faith). Her outfit is perfect and she came with a great backpack, gun and Amy the rat!

Oz Exclusive- 9.5- Perfect sculpt, great paint and great outfit - except for the jacket which is too short and doesn't close right. Dumb accessories though- a pumpkin and a vampire bat?! Come on, Oz is the cool guy and should have come with a guitar! The shirt accessory is nice but it seems a girlish/babyish look for something that Oz wold wear - may put it on Willow!

Xander Exclusive- 9 - Not specific to any episode so his outfit and accessories are taken from different seasons. My one complaint is that he looks way too tanned but the paint is very good. Love the eye patch, Sunnydale High Year book and the green goo covered sword! Liked the white sneakers shown in the proto and would have preferred those over the black ones we got.

Werewolf Oz - 9 - Looks great but not as great as I thought the proto looked.

Subway Spike - 8 - Great sculpt but skin tone way too dark and would have liked it if they had given him the leather coat as well. This was the episode where we saw Spike kill Nikki and take her coat so it would have made sense for that to have come with him.

Vamp Spike Exclusive - 8 - Again, great sculpt but skin tone way too dark. Loved the exclusive shirt but not on Spike - may put that on Xander!

Vamp Angel - 10 - Love the sculpt, the outfit and the accessories, especially those chains!

Vamp Darla - Red & Blue - 9 - great sculpt and the outfits and accessories are fantastic. Would have preferred a different expression with a more evil looking, smiling Darla. The sculpt shows a more surprised/startled Darla.

Origins Angel Exclusive - 10 - This one surprised me. I wasn't a fan of how DB looked in the flashback scenes but I got the figure anyway. So I was thrilled at how fantastic the sculpt looks in real life. It was good in the proto but so much better when you get to actually see it. I like this sculpt more than Becoming Angel. Great accessories with the orb and skull stand and I love the candles and bones too circle around him.

Vamp Buffy Exclusive - 10 - An absolutely great replica from the episode where Buffy becomes a vampire. Captured the look of the episode perfectly. The pants are a little baggy and that would be my only complaint but perfect regardless. And the headstone is a perfect accessory to go with her.

Vamp Drusilla - 10 - Wow, Wow, Wow! Stunning sculpt which captured the essense of Drusilla. The outfit is beautifully done and she looks gorgeous in it. Great tarot card accessory but I bought her some little porcelain dolls to go with mine.

Well, I only have 10 figures currently... so I'll rate only those.

The 10's
Human Faced Spike: It's probably become cliched to list this guy as the best of the Buffy figures but that doesn't make it any less true. My main issue is that he comes short sleeved (see my past posts) and that his human hands should have been in the regular version and the gloved hands should have been the exclusive. But it's an easy fix... my Oz doesn't mind going without a jacket and my Vamp Spike doesn't mind the gloves.
Vampire Buffy; Oddily enough the BEST BUFFY figure... and it's from a minor episode. But I think she is a definately a must buy. Like someone stated on the board what makes her special is "not that it's an iconic figure but a ironic figure." Too true.
Vampire Angel: Definately the best of the Angel figures so far (although the "City of" figure will probably best it). The only issue I have is that his eyes are a bit too close together. But the sculpt and paint app are top notch.

The 9's
Origins Angel; Like FF, this figure caught me by surprise. He didn't look that great from the proto pictures. But unlike FF, I LOVE the flashback scenes. I wish we were able to get all four vamps in during their massacre days.
Xander: After Angel left, he became my favorite Scoobie... I usually don't go for the comic relief types. That sixth season ender is a killer. The sculpt also looks better in person that in proto pics. But the clothes are uninspired. Currently, I have he wearing a Bond tux to make him look like he did in "Hells Bells".
Oz: A GREAT sculpt of Seth. I only wish they would have had colored his hair a different color.. like the color it was when he first met Willow. He had SO many different shades during the show, didn't he? Perhaps that would have been a cool exclusive.... rather than a baby blue Dingoes t-shirt. He needs a guitar. Soon.
Grad Buffy: Great likeness... Great accesssories.
Vampire Spike: There is nothing wrong with really... GRAET sculpt and GREAT paint apps. In fact, I love all the "game faced" figures. However, his face should be paler (to match the human Spike). Perhaps in the shadow of the famed human Spike this figure seems less interesting.

The 8's
Werewolf Oz : I think the sculpt is pretty good. There is something wrong with hair... I can't put my finger on it. I also think the paint application spoiled the sculpt to a certain extent. It looks too thickly applied and needed some kind of shading or varied colors. Both the hair and beard are solidly only one color. But I love the character!
Becoming Angel : I liked this figure a lot before I saw the Origins Angel. I think the jaw is too pronounced. But since he is my favorite Buffyverse character, I had to get him as well as getting all of the other Angel variations.

My wants include:
Vamp Drusilla: (She will look great with myt Vamp Spike... although I could do without the blood in the mouth.)
Vamp Darla: (the blue dress version. I'm on the waiting list but I'm not going to hold my breath)
Vamp Willow: (I would want her more if their was a Vamp Xander out there)
The Master: (I know I can get him VERY cheaply on Ebay... I'd like to get him with....
Prophecy Buffy: Someday I'm going to take the plunge and get her... WITH the leather jacket)
The Gentlemen: (From one of my favorite episodes. But at this point I would need more that the current space I have reserved for my Buffys.)
Faith: (ONLY TO GET THE EXCLUISVE SCYTHE!!! Am I sick or what?)

Last edited:
I'm only grading the ones I either have, or have seen in person:

Graduation Day Buffy - 7.5 This is probably a bit harsh because I think the likeness is very good and the clothes are very accurate from what I remember. But her face is kind of "Zombie-ish" to me. In some ways I wish I had gotten Prophecy girl and put her in the Grad Buffy's outfit....maybe I just like the rooted blonde hair better.

Becoming Angel - 8. I feel the headsculpt captures Boreanaz but I think the face is too thick for his look in "Becoming", which is the episode this figure is based on. He looks more like Angel did on his own show. It's funny, because I feel the Angel from "City of" really captures his "Becoming" look. The thinner face with the smirk. This figure would have scored a 9 if it wasn't for the "City of" Angel. That one just looks too good.

Human Spike - 10. As perfect as you can get him. The sculpt is dead on, it captures Spike 100% and the costume is great. Probably the best figure in the Buffy line.

Drusilla - 10. A personal favorite. I love the sculpt of the hair, and even with the vamp face, they captured Drusilla's beauty. The clothing is top notch, and she has great accessories. Definitely up there with Spike in this line.

Xander - 7.5 I think the look of the figure is pure Xander. But there's just a little something about his face shape...I don't even know what it is....

Faith - 5. Just didn't capture Faith, not Eliza Dushku's likeness nor the "presence" of the character. This one upsets me because Faith is in my top 3 favorite Buffy characters. I love Faith. I'm not really crazy about the outfit they chose either. Kind of boring for Faith, even though it's episode accurate. But if she wasn't in the package and had no accessories with her, I wouldn't know who she is.

Willow - 4.5 You can see Willow in there. But I can't ignore the warping of the head, and she looks cartoony in comparison to the other figures.

Vampire Willow - 9. Good vampire sculpt. I think they did a good job capturing Doppleganger Willow. Not quite as good as a couple other vamp sculpts, but still very cool.

Vampire Buffy - 9.5. Best Buffy likeness, except she has her game face on. But it's a near perfect sculpt of a vampire SMG. And it has one of the coolest exclusive accessories (the headstone)... .5 was taken off for the outfit (the pants are too baggy) and also because I can't give her the same score as Spike & Dru because I don't think she's quite that great...

Vampire Darla - 4. The headsculpt is just too elongated, and the expression on her face is not menacing enough. I think she looks odd, personally, and someone here mentioned Eric Stoltz...that's a likeness I definitely see. I just don't see Julie Benz. I also really despise the school girl outfit.

Liam - 7.5. Not my favorite look for Angel, but a great likeness and a great outfit.

*Edited to add a couple more I forgot.

Last edited:
I dont see what it is with spike..
I have seen him when he came out in my comic shop but passed him up for the master as didnt like him.
reasons..
hate the hands.
and his shirt has short sleeves and his hair is yellow and theres somthing off but i preverd vamp spike but that may be because i prefere spike as a vamp and h8 him human
Hes not worth the ebay prices:google

i think vamp angel is the worst vamp sculpt due to his mouth..
if you have a spare hush buffy,id put her pants on vamp buffy as she looks better by far.
Hw do you display exclusive pg buffy?
mines stud straight holding the crossbow straight in front of her like on the inside of her box...

I think many of you are being overly generous, but my favorites just because they are executed so well:

Der K - 10
Master - 10
Vamp Buffy - 9.5
Oz (has some long arms though...) - 9
Origins Angel (just LOVE the costume) - 9
Grad Buffy - 9
Human Spike - 8.5
Werewolf Oz - 8.5
Angel - 8
Vamp Angel - 8
Vamp Spike - 8
Xander - 7.5
Subway Spike - 7.5
Vamp Willow (would be higher except for the costume) - 7.5
Gentlemen (the sculpts are great, but SSC costuming has improved loads since they were released) - 7
Drusilla - 6.5
PG Buffy - 6
Darla - 6
Hush Buffy - 6
Faith - 5
Willow - 3

Last edited:
Darklord Dave said:
I think many of you are being overly generous

I must admit... my feelings for certain characters probably clouds my judgement just a tad. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

I tried not to let that happen.....it definitely didn't with Faith. Faith is such a favorite of mine on the show. I prefer her over Buffy. She's my vampire slayer. :) The figure would have been an instant purchase if I wasn't so disatisfied with her.

I'd like to get her and have someone repaint/redo her for me.

I think that if Sideshow screwed up one of my favorite characters (Angel, Xander, Spike or Oz) the way they did with your Faith, I think the reverse would be true: I would probably HATE the figure more... I would be far more merciless because it would hurt to look at it.

I've had that experience with certain Hasblow figures. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Protozaius said:
Origins Angel; Like FF, this figure caught me by surprise. He didn't look that great from the proto pictures. But unlike FF, I LOVE the flashback scenes. I wish we were able to get all four vamps in during their massacre days.

Just wanted to comment that I also loved the flashback scenes, I just didn't think the look was particurlary flattering to DB - made his face look really heavy! And I definitely would love a Darla, Dru and William in period costume to go with him.

Firefly Flanatic said:
Just wanted to comment that I also loved the flashback scenes, I just didn't think the look was particurlary flattering to DB - made his face look really heavy! And I definitely would love a Darla, Dru and William in period costume to go with him.

My bad... after re-reading your original post about Origins Angel, you were quite clear about the subject.

Sorry for the inaccurate inference.

And a William the bloody would be AWESOME... after they release Giles, I guess. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Darklord Dave said:
I think many of you are being overly generous, but my favorites just because they are executed so well:

Der K - 10
Master - 10
Vamp Buffy - 9.5
Oz (has some long arms though...) - 9
Origins Angel (just LOVE the costume) - 9
Grad Buffy - 9
Human Spike - 8.5
Werewolf Oz - 8.5
Angel - 8
Vamp Angel - 8
Vamp Spike - 8
Xander - 7.5
Subway Spike - 7.5
Vamp Willow (would be higher except for the costume) - 7.5
Gentlemen (the sculpts are great, but SSC costuming has improved loads since they were released) - 7
Drusilla - 6.5
PG Buffy - 6
Hush Buffy - 6
Faith - 5
Willow - 3

I'd love to hear why you think Dru is a 6.5.

No prob PZ! I'm hoping we get the rest of the Origins fang gang with the Angel line (and also after we get Giles which will be the next figure announced I'm sure!).

As for being a little too generous, I'll agree with DD where Willow is concerned. She's a figure that has grown on me since I've gotten her. I still think the costume and accessories are fantastic but the stretched out face and paint really take a lot away. I am surprised that some scored Faith higher than Willow though.

Liam/Angelus -10
Der Kinderstod -10
The Master -10
Spike -9.5
Vamp Angel -9.5
Vamp Darla -9
Oz -9
Graduation Day Buffy -8.5
Xander -8.5
Faith -7
Willow -7
Becoming Angel -6
Vamp Spike -5.5
Prophecy Girl Buffy -5
Hush Buffy -5

Firefly Flanatic said:
Vamp Drusilla - 10 - Wow, Wow, Wow! Stunning sculpt which captured the essense of Drusilla. The outfit is beautifully done and she looks gorgeous in it. Great tarot card accessory but I bought her some little porcelain dolls to go with mine.

That's a great idea! Where'd you get the "dolls for dolls"?

Wor-Gar said:
That's a great idea! Where'd you get the "dolls for dolls"?

They were actually ornaments that I found at a local gift shop. And I saw the same doll ornaments at QVC. You have to buy the set of twelve and can't just buy one. I was gonna sell my extra but decided to give them to my mom for her Christmas tree. They are really neat and are real porcelain dolls, just tiny! Here's a photo of her with a couple of them:

65671009_708faaa77e_b.jpg

My love for the character and disappointment in the figure may explain my ratings for Dru, Faith and Willow. Willow is my absolute favorite character, so I was especially disappointed that the released figure had so many problems with the likeness. Her costume and Dru's are excellent though.

Back