Accessories for Giles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankenFan

Abnormal Brain
Reaction score
With all of the chatter about Giles, recently, I've been thinking about what his accessories could be. Aside from the obvious, and, frankly, rather boring reference books and token weapon (don't we already have enough of these things to share among our figures?) I was thinking it might be fun to include some of the acetates from Giles' Gentlemen presentation in Hush or the flashcards he made for Chao-Ahn in First Date, along with his chain saw from Fear, Itself.

What would you folks like to see bundled with Rupert?

gls.jpg

The exclusive has got to be the Sombrero and Poncho from Fear Iteself. Now for regular accessories I'll have to give it some more thought.

A sword of course.

Maybe a guitar for "Behind Blue Eyes"?

There was a Reservoir dog figure that came with his torture chair - we could have that for Giles from the S. 3 finale.

books, lots of books...

cup of tea

Jenny Calendar's dead body?

Maybe some training gear that he uses with his sessions with Buffy? :confused:

I like the acetate sheets idea from Hush. :lol

I don't like the poncho and somberro idea since I thought the fourth season left Giles with nothing much to do. It was kind of painful to watch. His story got more interesting when he purchased the magic store. :D

Most of Ripper's accessories would probably be generic, but he MUST HAVE:

-'glasses cleaning' hand w/ kerchief

And this isn't really an accessory so much, but an attention to detail:

The mark of Eygon tattoo.

I liked the suggestion that he should have the flash cards from season seven, that's Priceless. Maybe an orb of Thesula, if none of the other figs come with it already?

I don't have any of the other Scoobies, though, but Giles being one of my favorite characters from the Buffyverse (Wesley surpasses him, I think) I'd have to grab him in an instant. Anyone have pics of all the Scoobies made so far side-by-side w/Buffy? I'm curious as to how they display together.

His beat up old car!! But that ain't going to happen so give us the Sombrero outift and the wizard outfit. Except I'd love to see the wizard outfit on a Giles with a silly grin on his face so we'd need a second figure for that one!!

I agree that he definitely needs the tatoo and glasses with a handkerchief to clean them.

Angel and Faith had their tattoos, but I don't know that the Eygon tat is that important for him.

Perhaps a t-shirt, smokes, jeans for a Ripper costume ala Band Candy?

Since Giles is in that in weird uncertain certainty stage, I figure it would be nice to get multiple Giles figures (Gileseses?). Band Candy Giles is a pretty easy custom, same with the Grand Opening Magic Box wizard Giles, but the sombrero and poncho are a must. Toss in a chainsaw, some books, a Gachnar demon (to scale), and I would be ecstatic. I think the swords and stakes are a little overused though, so no need for those.

Jenny Calender's body is a stretch, but after Vampire Buffy, I would think her tombstone is a possibility, and would really add to a display. Tombstones were my favorite part of the Palz series!

swiftlikessharpthings said:
The mark of Eygon tattoo.

I liked the suggestion that he should have the flash cards from season seven, that's Priceless. Maybe an orb of Thesula, if none of the other figs come with it already?

That would be cool if Sideshow included the mark!!!

And the 12" Origins Angel or Liam/Angelus came with the Orb of Thesulah. :D

Hmm, how to accessorize Giles (all already mentioned, I think, but here are my votes):

Chainsaw.
Vampyre book (or just a stack of books; research, don't ya know?!).
Glasses with hanky.
Jeans and T-shirt with cigs rolled up in sleeve (but as also previously mentioned, maybe "Band Candy Ripper" should be his own figure)
Sword.
Sombrero.
Wizard hat and robe (I've mentioned this before. It's a brief moment in Buffy history, but it still makes me laugh every time!)

:monkey1

Migwit said:
Hmm, how to accessorize Giles (all already mentioned, I think, but here are my votes):

Chainsaw.
Vampyre book (or just a stack of books; research, don't ya know?!).
Glasses with hanky.
Jeans and T-shirt with cigs rolled up in sleeve (but as also previously mentioned, maybe "Band Candy Ripper" should be his own figure)
Sword.
Sombrero.
Wizard hat and robe (I've mentioned this before. It's a brief moment in Buffy history, but it still makes me laugh every time!)

:monkey1

I'd rather have the Wizard hat and robe over the sombrero and poncho. :rolleyes:

And I keep hearing about a Band Candy Ripper... I don't know if that would interest me too much, either as exclusive clothing or stand alone figure. It was a fun episode to be sure, but getting a $45 figure for it would be too much. There are too many figures I'd want more. Besides, he would need a Joyce Summers figure, wouldn't he? :confused:

If there is to be any 2nd version of Giles, I'd like it to be as the Feyl (sp?) demon. Yeah, like THAT is going to happen. :rolleyes:

I actually would prefer the wizard hat and robe over the sombrero as well. When I think of a "fun" version of Giles, that image springs to mine before either Sombrero Giles or Band Candy Giles, for some reason. :rolleyes:

I actually would prefer the wizard hat and robe over the sombrero as well. When I think of a "fun" version of Giles, that image springs to mine before either Sombrero Giles or Band Candy Giles, for some reason.

It is probably the smiling, hopeful expression he has that just hangs on the screen forever!:lol

swiftlikessharpthings said:
Anyone have pics of all the Scoobies made so far side-by-side w/Buffy? I'm curious as to how they display together.

It's not a very good pic, but it's the only one I have.

4dfe0bdf.jpg

Firefly Flanatic said:
Here's a photo of my gang -sans Angel, he's on another shelf with Prophecy Girl Buffy!

147978514_086c3d86a3_b.jpg

:emperor :emperor Spike would be SHOCKED to be included as one of the Scoobies!!:emperor :emperor

Back