PDA

View Full Version : Accessories for Giles

FrankenFan
05-16-2006, 12:02 PM
With all of the chatter about Giles, recently, I've been thinking about what his accessories could be. Aside from the obvious, and, frankly, rather boring reference books and token weapon (don't we already have enough of these things to share among our figures?) I was thinking it might be fun to include some of the acetates from Giles' Gentlemen presentation in Hush or the flashcards he made for Chao-Ahn in First Date, along with his chain saw from Fear, Itself.

What would you folks like to see bundled with Rupert?

http://www.kurtgoldzung.com/MB/gls.jpg

Fritz
05-16-2006, 12:37 PM
The exclusive has got to be the Sombrero and Poncho from Fear Iteself. Now for regular accessories I'll have to give it some more thought.

Darklord Dave
05-16-2006, 12:58 PM
A sword of course.

Maybe a guitar for "Behind Blue Eyes"?

There was a Reservoir dog figure that came with his torture chair - we could have that for Giles from the S. 3 finale.

books, lots of books...

cup of tea

Jenny Calendar's dead body?

thamesvalidude
05-16-2006, 01:21 PM
Jenny Calendar's dead body?

Dave you are a very sick man!

I love it......Sideshow let's do it!!!!!:cool:

Protozaius
05-16-2006, 02:35 PM
Maybe some training gear that he uses with his sessions with Buffy? :confused:

I like the acetate sheets idea from Hush. :lol

I don't like the poncho and somberro idea since I thought the fourth season left Giles with nothing much to do. It was kind of painful to watch. His story got more interesting when he purchased the magic store. :D

swiftlikessharpthings
05-16-2006, 02:47 PM
Most of Ripper's accessories would probably be generic, but he MUST HAVE:

-'glasses cleaning' hand w/ kerchief

And this isn't really an accessory so much, but an attention to detail:

The mark of Eygon tattoo.

I liked the suggestion that he should have the flash cards from season seven, that's Priceless. Maybe an orb of Thesula, if none of the other figs come with it already?

I don't have any of the other Scoobies, though, but Giles being one of my favorite characters from the Buffyverse (Wesley surpasses him, I think) I'd have to grab him in an instant. Anyone have pics of all the Scoobies made so far side-by-side w/Buffy? I'm curious as to how they display together.

Firefly Flanatic
05-16-2006, 02:59 PM
His beat up old car!! But that ain't going to happen so give us the Sombrero outift and the wizard outfit. Except I'd love to see the wizard outfit on a Giles with a silly grin on his face so we'd need a second figure for that one!!

I agree that he definitely needs the tatoo and glasses with a handkerchief to clean them.

Darklord Dave
05-16-2006, 03:06 PM
Angel and Faith had their tattoos, but I don't know that the Eygon tat is that important for him.

Perhaps a t-shirt, smokes, jeans for a Ripper costume ala Band Candy?

Seaward
05-16-2006, 03:35 PM
Since Giles is in that in weird uncertain certainty stage, I figure it would be nice to get multiple Giles figures (Gileseses?). Band Candy Giles is a pretty easy custom, same with the Grand Opening Magic Box wizard Giles, but the sombrero and poncho are a must. Toss in a chainsaw, some books, a Gachnar demon (to scale), and I would be ecstatic. I think the swords and stakes are a little overused though, so no need for those.

Jenny Calender's body is a stretch, but after Vampire Buffy, I would think her tombstone is a possibility, and would really add to a display. Tombstones were my favorite part of the Palz series!

TheObsoleteMan
05-16-2006, 03:35 PM
Perhaps a t-shirt, smokes, jeans for a Ripper costume ala Band Candy?That would be awesome.

Protozaius
05-16-2006, 03:41 PM
The mark of Eygon tattoo.

I liked the suggestion that he should have the flash cards from season seven, that's Priceless. Maybe an orb of Thesula, if none of the other figs come with it already?

That would be cool if Sideshow included the mark!!!

And the 12" Origins Angel or Liam/Angelus came with the Orb of Thesulah. :D

Migwit
05-16-2006, 03:56 PM
Hmm, how to accessorize Giles (all already mentioned, I think, but here are my votes):

Chainsaw.
Vampyre book (or just a stack of books; research, don't ya know?!).
Glasses with hanky.
Jeans and T-shirt with cigs rolled up in sleeve (but as also previously mentioned, maybe "Band Candy Ripper" should be his own figure)
Sword.
Sombrero.
Wizard hat and robe (I've mentioned this before. It's a brief moment in Buffy history, but it still makes me laugh every time!)

:monkey1

Protozaius
05-16-2006, 04:07 PM
Hmm, how to accessorize Giles (all already mentioned, I think, but here are my votes):

Chainsaw.
Vampyre book (or just a stack of books; research, don't ya know?!).
Glasses with hanky.
Jeans and T-shirt with cigs rolled up in sleeve (but as also previously mentioned, maybe "Band Candy Ripper" should be his own figure)
Sword.
Sombrero.
Wizard hat and robe (I've mentioned this before. It's a brief moment in Buffy history, but it still makes me laugh every time!)

:monkey1

I'd rather have the Wizard hat and robe over the sombrero and poncho. :rolleyes:

And I keep hearing about a Band Candy Ripper... I don't know if that would interest me too much, either as exclusive clothing or stand alone figure. It was a fun episode to be sure, but getting a $45 figure for it would be too much. There are too many figures I'd want more. Besides, he would need a Joyce Summers figure, wouldn't he? :confused:

If there is to be any 2nd version of Giles, I'd like it to be as the Feyl (sp?) demon. Yeah, like THAT is going to happen. :rolleyes:

Migwit
05-16-2006, 04:30 PM
I actually would prefer the wizard hat and robe over the sombrero as well. When I think of a "fun" version of Giles, that image springs to mine before either Sombrero Giles or Band Candy Giles, for some reason. :rolleyes:

Seaward
05-16-2006, 05:22 PM
I actually would prefer the wizard hat and robe over the sombrero as well. When I think of a "fun" version of Giles, that image springs to mine before either Sombrero Giles or Band Candy Giles, for some reason.

It is probably the smiling, hopeful expression he has that just hangs on the screen forever!:lol

Migwit
05-16-2006, 06:25 PM
Yep, I'd say you've hit the nail on the head, Seaward! :lol

Aerosmith
05-16-2006, 06:37 PM
Anyone have pics of all the Scoobies made so far side-by-side w/Buffy? I'm curious as to how they display together.

It's not a very good pic, but it's the only one I have.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d171/Aerosmith32k/4dfe0bdf.jpg

Firefly Flanatic
05-16-2006, 09:40 PM
Here's a photo of my gang -sans Angel, he's on another shelf with Prophecy Girl Buffy!

http://static.flickr.com/44/147978514_086c3d86a3_b.jpg

Protozaius
05-16-2006, 10:11 PM
Here's a photo of my gang -sans Angel, he's on another shelf with Prophecy Girl Buffy!

http://static.flickr.com/44/147978514_086c3d86a3_b.jpg

:emperor :emperor Spike would be SHOCKED to be included as one of the Scoobies!!:emperor :emperor

Firefly Flanatic
05-16-2006, 10:17 PM
I tried to get him to leave but he wasn't leaving Buffy's side at all, he was worried about her taking another flying leap off a tower!:lol

swiftlikessharpthings
05-17-2006, 05:57 AM
Thanks for the pics. It's tempting to get a Xander and Willow now, but I don't even have a Buffy to go with them.

buffy-collector
05-17-2006, 08:06 AM
Giles.
I think Giles should be from season 1 or 2 or maybe 3.
So he should have either season 1,2,3 accessories.
He should come with his tat
glasses
books lots
cup of tea
sword

Love your group pictures guys.
Id show my group but mine arnt the scoobies.
My bottom shelf is for my fav figures and top for boring figures,i may change that to demons and scoobies.

P.S When every says Willow is a bad figure,i think she quite good,her clothes rock,amy rocks and its only her face but in the right light she looks nice.

But faith is horrible.

Protozaius
05-17-2006, 12:40 PM
People keep saying that they need Giles to complete their Scoobies collection. Yet aren't Tara and Anya considered members of the Scooby gang? Remember, Xander sang that Anya was "the cutest of the Scoobies with her lips as red as rubies".

Sure they are later additions of the gang, but they are important nevertheless... especially for those Buffy fans that REALLY like the later episodes better.

And that would be me. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Josette
05-17-2006, 12:46 PM
I also believe that SS should release characters like Anya, Tara and Dawn, though I personally don't like the last seasons of Buffy so I'm not interested in adding them to my collection. But I fully believe that they should be made to complete the Scoobies for Buffy fans. I expect Anya because of D'Hoffryn.

Giles is the biggest of the four. He was with the show from the beginning until the end and was very important to Buffy. Overall, he is arguably the most important of the remaining absent members of the gang. Those who prefer the original core gang, like me, will feel they have a complete set of Scoobies once they have Giles (and assuming that Cordelia will come in the Angel line).

We have Xander & Willow to place with Buffy. Giles is the next obvious character to join that group, IMHO.

Seaward
05-17-2006, 01:24 PM
I would include Tara and Anya in with the Scoobies, but restlessness has set in for Giles. I think just the nature of his character is why people are so insistent!

Heck, I won't be happy with the Buffy line until we get Jonathan:lol

Aerosmith
05-17-2006, 01:32 PM
We need Riley too! *ducks*

buffy-collector
05-17-2006, 01:52 PM
I think just want giles to complete the original gang from season 1 and 2 and 3.
Anya,dawn,tara came later but i would love them but after giles.
Id want anyanka,hells bells anya
for dawn well erm she was boring so gift dress lol
and tara in her omwf clothes or hush.

Darklord Dave
05-17-2006, 02:16 PM
I think Tara and Anya are definitely Scoobies, but I also think we've referred to the "core" scoobies before as the four from the "the Earth is doomed..." scenes. So Giles is the only one remaining from that group.

Seaward
05-17-2006, 03:39 PM
Oh Hell Yeah, I want Riley too. I think he was a great character, and it was too bad that the nice guy got screwed over simply for character development!
I would gladly take a guest star "Nick Fury-esque" Riley from his return with a wife!

Darklord Dave
05-17-2006, 11:08 PM
Bring on "Nick & Nora Fury" both!