New Star Wars Packaging for 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
:lol

Possibly the worst one yet. Do they even try anymore?:

SW12_Blister_Render_sm.jpg
SW12_Box_Render_sm.jpg

Thankfully, I doubt this pertains to Sideshow... though for whatever reason they're still using the boooooooorrring 2007 packaging instead of the far superior one they had in 2005-2006.

How can they come off all the cool "vintage inspired" cardbacks they've been doing for this tripe? Oh yeah, they're celebrating the anniversary of Episode 1.

Man... glad Sideshow doesn't have to use that :lol I'd have to toss the boxes on general principle.

I do still prefer the orginal design Sideshow had, but I'm now so used to the 2007 style that I've made peace with it :lol

How can they come off all the cool "vintage inspired" cardbacks they've been doing for this tripe?

If they stop the "Vintage" cards on a dime and just start using this next year they are going to lose their asses. There are a lot of people like me who had all but completely stopped collecting the Hasbro stuff, except for the "Vintage" lines. I'll drop them like a bad habit (again) and never look back.

Even Lucasfilm and Hasbro can't be that dumb. I think the "Vintage" stuff will still continue for another year or more.

Hell, I wish Sideshow would jump on board the Vintage-inspired bandwagon with their packaging, kinda like they do with G.I. JOE. That might give the SW lines a nice shot in the arm. Of course, it also means they'd have to make more than just Clone Troopers. :lol

Maybe George called Hasbro and told them to slow down on the SW sales a little since he was making too much money (and paying too much in taxes).

I don't think it's too bad, but do cardbacks on the Hasbro figures even make a difference as far as their sales go? Aren't they just the same figures over and over just re-packaged every year?

I wish Sideshow would do something with their packaging. It's been boring for too long.

I don't think it's too bad, but do cardbacks on the Hasbro figures even make a difference as far as their sales go? Aren't they just the same figures over and over just re-packaged every year?

You're not very familiar with the Hasbro Vintage line, are ya? Not only are they mostly new (or at least re-tooled) figures with super articulation and extra details, but they hugely boosted the Adult Collector market for Hasbro SW toys, which was taking a big nose-dive before.

You're not very familiar with the Hasbro Vintage line, are ya? Not only are they mostly new (or at least re-tooled) figures with super articulation and extra details, but they hugely boosted the Adult Collector market for Hasbro SW toys, which was taking a big nose-dive before.

nope, don't collect that stuff. Although I kinda wish I hadn't missed out on that OTC Slave 1 that came out a few years ago. I'm tempted with the newer Clone Wars version, but don't care for the Starfighter or extra figures that come with that bundle

Yawn. A blue theme for next year's peg-warmers.

Wake me up when Hasbro does something new, like scale up the line to 7 inch.

I'm with most here. Total nosedive on the packaging.

The only reason I started buying these again after 5 years quitting entirely was because of the vintage revival. Looks like it will end up being a good brief run of figures and then I can just stop again. So it's sort of a bittersweet with Hasbro. The good side being they won't be getting any more of my money after the vintage line is all done.

I guess thank you, Hasbro?

If Hasbro wants to move on from the current vintage look they could have borrowed the style from the old Topps trading cards. They could even include a replica Topps card.

It would sell. A win for both companies.

(Of course, they would have to sell C-3PO in a brown paper bag)

As long as its just for the anniversary of Ep I, which presumably will constitute only Episode I figures.

Vintage should remain the default.

The design is decent, but hasbro will never be able to make something better than the vintage stuff so they're kinda screwed in that respect anyway.

The packages just get tossed for the few figures I buy nowadays. They could pack them in ziplock baggies, and that would be fine by me.

Back