I GOT ME SPIKE!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Protozaius

Chief Defender of Faith
Reaction score
With the immeasurable help of Abstractharmony, Spike finally arrived! It actually arrived on Saturday, but I it was a gorgeous day so I took my family to the Zoo... so wasn't home when the postman tried to deliver him.

:emperor Again, my family stands in the way of getting my SPIKE!!!!:emperor

Well, he's in my hands now! And he is fantastic.

Thanks to all who helped keep my spirits up during this time of great stress.

:chew :chew THE SIDESHOW FREAKS BOARD ROCKS:chew :chew

Last edited:
I was going to resurrect the earlier "Spike" thread for status on his arrival, but worried it would only pour salt in the wound if you hadn't received him yet. :eek:

Congrats, Protozaius, now you can schedule quality time with your family without fear of being "Spike"-less any longer! :lol

And abstractharmony, you are da man!!! :chew

Glad to hear it. The human Spike is definitely my fave of the three SS made, but he looks infinitely better if you steal some human hands from one of your other figs.
And besides, Luke doesn't need his anyway...

swiftlikessharpthings said:
Glad to hear it. The human Spike is definitely my fave of the three SS made, but he looks infinitely better if you steal some human hands from one of your other figs.
And besides, Luke doesn't need his anyway...

Funny that you mention it... I just swapped the glove hands with the human hands from the Vampire Spike. The skin color is identical. I was going to use the hands from an extra Timothy Dalton Bond but the hand color didn't match. Besides, the Vampire Spike looks better with the gloves anyway. I wonder why gloved hands weren't the exclusive instead of the human hands. Surely, the human hands would be more popular. :confused:

I wanted to have my Spike the way he looked as he sang "Rest In Peace" from "Once More with Feeling". The red/burgandy long sleeve shirt is Oz's. As I was told before I purchased him, the red shirt Spike comes with has short sleeves. So I needed a long sleeve shirt and Oz's is made from the same material and color. :D

I think he looks pretty cool. I might use the black leather coat for the Subway Spike... if I decide to get him. He is fairly cheap on Ebay. :D

Last edited:
I am so thrilled for you!!:chew :chew I was so worried that you wouldn't get him or your money back! He's an awesome figure and he looks great in Oz's shirt!! Oz doesn't really need the shirt so I think I'll do the same thing and give Spike's coat to Subway Spike!

Once again, a big THANKS to Abstractharmony for not letting this Spike get away! You've done a good thing.

And congrats PZ on your hard won prize.

Protozaius said:
I wanted to have my Spike the way he looked as he sang "Rest In Peace" from "Once More with Feeling".

Would you believe I watched that episode last Thursday? :lol

Congrats on finally getting Spike.

I'm really glad to hear that he got there and that I could help a fellow freak out.

This board has great camraderie and it was great to be able to put some of that into action.

abstractharmony said:
I'm really glad to hear that he got there and that I could help a fellow freak out.

This board has great camraderie and it was great to be able to put some of that into action.

Bravo on a job well done!! :clap

... and congrats Proto on finally getting Spike! :chew

Whew!

I can finally exhale!

prmtv.gif

Quite a bit... too much in my opinion since I just swapped the hands with the Vamp Spike. The vamp Spike doesn't have the black nails (why?:confused: ) but it doesn't bother me in the least. The skin color matches that's the important thing. It would have bothered me MORE if I paid more than I did for him :D

Since I watched my share of Spike auctions, a boxed Spike Exclusive was going for $400-500. I never saw a loose auction for one.

Congratulations of receiving your Spike, Protozaius! I'm glad the trouble was resolved.

Spike's a great figure... He's one of the figures in my collection that people always comment on, saying how much he looks like Marsters.

Congratz on getting him.

Spike is my favorite character, but I don't see what the fuss is about that figure. His clothes are awful and his head and boots are way too big. I'm holding out for a (hopfully) better Spike in the angel line.

Back