My Darth Maul Kotobukiya Video Review.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOLIDSNAKE

Super Freak
Reaction score
This statue is so bad ass.
great job Kotobukiya.

Showcase
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cQ9COcFmKbw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Review
Part 1
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NsDvkwdSkCg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_DKIB9BCF0

Last edited:
I really like him. Well done on the review also. This could be my first Koto figure. though I've been reading in other threads a lot of people don't like the quality of their painting. Should that be a concern or have you had good experiences with Koto's stuff?

Awesome looking piece. I like seeing Maul done like this because its different that what we've seen. If I was still collecting Koto pieces I'd get this.

I really like him. Well done on the review also. This could be my first Koto figure. though I've been reading in other threads a lot of people don't like the quality of their painting. Should that be a concern or have you had good experiences with Koto's stuff?

I have 4 koto statues and they all look awsome.
never had a problem with them.

I was psyched for this until Sideshow announced their Star Wars maquettes. I'm going to wait to see how that Darth Maul turns out before deciding which one to buy.

I have all the Kotobukiya Imperials and almost all are great, excepting Luke/Stormie (stupid pose, though helmet and armor are more accurate than Sideshow 1:6 Stormie figure) and ESB "limbo" Vader (also weird pose). I especially recommend: Snowtrooper, Scout, the droids and maybe the Sandtrooper trio (though in their case a better weathering would do). I also heard some of the close are really cool, but I cannot tell you more since I'm OT only. The Kotos are made of PVC and quite solid. But don't go for humans, their faces are not that good.

I might get this Maul figure. I'm not such a huge fan of Koto, but their Bounty Hunters line is really cool (I've found the ones I was looking for btw, and will delete my thread in the WTB board). Their clones are really cool as well.

Last edited:
I forgot about the McQuarrie Vader vs Luke set which is also great. And from time to time TFAW has some cool deals on nick & dent items.

Yes this is Darth Maul from the EU.
Or do you want to tell me we saw him exactly as this in the phantom menace. :wink1:

Now i must admitt that i do not know that much bout the eu at all, and if you would have made your comment bout lets say the Cyborg darth maul that would have made much more sense to me, i would not have agreed with you bein i have the ex cyborg maul on pre orders but your comment would have made more sense to me..

But for me and with this collectible if a character has the same look as in the movies however is simply wearing different clothes or in this case lack of clothes that does not automaticly make this character eu. Because this to me is darth maul from the movies just dressed differently and if you like darth maul in the movies this is an amazing collectible now goo buy this very amazing collectible myy friend lmao

Back