A Billyfull and a black Detolf

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I rotate my display, because the collection won't all fit, but here's what's currently in the Billy bookshelf (doors swung open):
Billy_Top.jpg

Billy_Middle.jpg

Billy_Mid2.jpg

Billy_Bottom.jpg

Quick hit of the black Detolf:
Detolf_All.jpg

and the 22-year old Mickey figure described in another thread:
Mick_NoFlash.jpg

Other times you'll see a PF Frankensein, a PF Vampyre, any number of 12" SS Universal Monsters. On my desk is a Ringwraith on Steed, PF Ben Kenobi, and 12" SS Jedi Luke. Thanks to Dave's notes in the lighting thread, I will soon be swapping out these fixtures from Ikea which generate too much heat.

Last edited:
Did you paint the Detolf black or are they making them like that now?

I like it MUCH better black.

Thanks!

Vince said:
Who's that bent over guy next to some kind of BBQ ?
Thats what I want to know...he looks pretty cool..looks like it say "The Pit" on the base..and were did you get Axel from??

Wow, thanks for looking, everyone! Yeah, Dave, I only turn the lights on when guests are over in the pm. My crowded toyshop window blocks a lot of light, it took three to get everything lit. I'm looking forward to replacing those lights with some of the cooler ones you pointed out. LEDs, not halogens.

The Vincent Price figure is a resin model from "Pit & the Pendulum," and stupid me I forgot to turn its LED on before I took the photo. There's a light in the coals. For those who haven't ever seen the film...he's a torturer heating up a poker and ye gods this picture kept me awake at night when I was a kid. If you want a better look, here's some photos of it on the website of the painter I commissioned to do the buildup: Garage Kit Zombi

The Alex is an unlicensed Asian action figure that came out briefly last year. The box it came in has the weirdest art you've ever seen, and I honestly can't make out a manufacturer. I bought it from Charles Ayeung -- "charlesay" on eBay. I also got my Medicom Darth Vader from him.

The Bruce Lee is an Arnie Kim original, which I've discussed in the Collectibles forum. It's the prize of my collection. Took me a year to find out Arnie's last name and how to contact him. I'd seen photos of his figures on the web, with only his first name on them. Arnie's website and new company, EnterBay, are discussed in the Collectibles forum too.

Gruson, Ikea originally made Detolfs in black or beech. They discontinued the black. Beats me why. I got mine almost six years ago. Went back thinking about adding a second a few years later. Been scratching my head ever since.

I hope to get some better shots of my stuff using a portable light tent I picked up, but my camera just isn't very good...unfortunately replacing it would take a bite out my collectibles budget...:lol

Last edited:
Thanks,

Bad call on Ikea's part. I do not like the standard ones.

Black looks so much better.

I just got the Johnny Cash figure today so I thought that was pretty cool that you have one (now if Sideshow would give us a 1/6 and a 1/4). The more pics I see of the Detolfs, the more I want one or two.

Here's a shot of BBQ man. It's the painter's photo from his website, but it is of my actual kit. He takes better photos than I do:

pit03-1.jpg

There's an LED under the coals. The satin finish on the gown is from an "interference" paint topcoat.

Hey Gruff! WHAT A SETUP!
And to think you have so much more!

Cool stuff for days man! I am so envious and so full of respect for your setup. Very nice. Everything said so far is dead on. Your Bruce Lee and that Clockwork figure are too cool, as is that awesome Vincent Price.

I see Honest Abe in there too! Good for you!

Rock it Old Bear!

Gruff Old Bear said:
Here's a shot of BBQ man. It's the painter's photo from his website, but it is of my actual kit. He takes better photos than I do:

pit03-1.jpg

There's an LED under the coals. The satin finish on the gown is from an "interference" paint topcoat.

Holy sheesh... that looks totally real!

Very Cool Collection, I want Alex from Clockwork, BTW who are the Cowgirls on the top shelf?, You have some very Cool figures. Vincent Price is Wicked

Back