GILES!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
......my heart actually skipped a beat when I read the subject line because I thought we were finally getting some news on a Giles! Now I need to recover. :sick

But yes, like you, I wonder "where is Giles?"

I am not a Buffy collector myself, but if somebody tried the same thing with Boba Fett I would probably have a heart attack. :monkey4

At least you are giving the Buffy fans about 2.5 seconds of bliss tonight...

I think I am going to start a gorilla warfare campaign for Giles. Every article that I can comment on at sideshow's website I am simply going to write "Where' Giles." :lol

WHO'S WITH ME???

How could I not join this thread? Ironman, I am in total support of this campaign to "liberate the librarian" and to add him to my sooooo incomplete collection. So come on Matt, Oluf, Andy, one of you sculpting superstars and get working on thhat Tony Head head sculpt. It just needs to be plonked on a Bond "Q" suit and hey presto we have a watcher in the house.
Can it be so hard???????????:confused: :confused:

We have a Skinner now, so a Giles is a must!!!!!!

WE WANT GILES NOW (WELL ASAP)........PLEASE!!!

Sorry guys. I thought this long overdue character deserved some more push behind the drive to get him produced.
Regretfully, the only way to get him might be to try and unite ALL Buffy 1:6 figure fans and NOT buy any new Buffy or Angel products until Giles is in hand. Perhaps not feeding the wallets of those that deny request after request will have the desired effect.
Then again, lack of sales could kill the whole license.
On the other hand, if the new releases don't sell, then we can pick them up real cheap on the secondary market.
Of course any plan, no matter how well thought out, could always backfire.
Oh hell, just make him, will you Sideshow? Please?? :monkey2

Well, I'm currently not too keen on purchasing anymore Buffy figures without knowing a Giles is coming, personally. I guess with the Angel magazine's report of the Buffy line "being on a break", not knowing whether it's true or not, and having multiple figures of specific characters out there....I'm getting bitter over the absence of Giles.

I even stuck it in my sig.

Okay, people! Back in the thread about "two new Angel figures", post #7, I suggested an on-line petition to beg for Giles, but it didn't seem to get any interest when I posted it. Maybe NOW, others are getting ready to "storm the castle"?

By that I mean, if we get enough people to ask Sideshow IF and posssibly WHEN we might expect this figure, and MAYBE they threw us a crumb we could hang onto,.......(I'm kinda getting worried about the faint possibility of NO Giles!:monkey4 :tap :banghead ).....how about the rest of you? If they just said "YES, THERE WILL BE A GILES; BUT WE CAN'T SAY JUST WHEN.".......at least that would be something!

Almost everyone who posted here is ready to join forces on this! (Except Shai, who obviously isn't a Buffy fan, or he would KNOW who Giles is.) So who wants to suggest a way to handle this?

I'm all for finding some way to get SS to release Giles, but in my experience, petitions just don't seem to accomplish much. We could try it and see how many signatures it gets.

I assure you though that I've been ready to "storm the castle" for a while now. :chase

Maybe we could think up some possibilities...

I am not getting anything from the Angel line until we get Giles. I'm keeping my exclusive Angel pre-order, but I'm not getting anything else. Except Cordy if they make her. But that's it.

Bring out Giles!!!

To be honest, I'm more focused on Angel figures now. I do still want Giles, but I want Cordy, Wes, Gunn and the rest of Team Angel more. I'm sure Giles is on the way though, it'll probably just be sometime next year before he shows.

TheObsoleteMan said:
\ I do still want Giles, but I want Cordy, Wes, Gunn and the rest of Team Angel more. I'm sure Giles is on the way though, it'll probably just be sometime next year before he shows.

May they, Cordy, Wes, Gunn and the rest of Team Angel, not see the light of the production board before Giles is delivered unto us.

I agree that it would be nice if we had just an inkling that Giles is coming. Not even worried so much WHEN he's coming, just dying to know that he IS coming.

Oh, Rupert, Rupert, wherefore art thou, Rupert? :lol

Back