Lucas vs FETTs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big guy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well I was in the shower rubbing my head when it came to me and after reading the other two pondering thought threads, I had my own SW insight.

What is it with Lucas introducing TWO (now) great FETT characters yet at the same time giving them BOTH sloppy exits from the films?

I mean "Empire" we are introduced to Boba and what a crowd pleaser he turned out to be to the fans. Then We rejoice when we see him "Jedi" but what a pathetic ending he suffered, a whack from a taff to his jetpack which sent his flying into Jabb`s barge and then into the Sarlacc pit.

Then we look at his "dad" Jango in "Clones" and he gets tossed around like a salad by a wee beastie for Windu to do the sneeky and behead him.

I this why Lucas had Jango be the "father" for the Clone army so he could have endless fun destroying the Fett`s?

Surely this in itself is visual genocide of the Fett`s with this behaviour by Lucas.

Last edited:
i think it is a subliminal message to the viewer that artificially grown clones are better than the original version. the clones have no trouble surviving most battles and eventually they defeat most of the jedi, while jango and boba get easily owned. lucas is hoping somebody falls victim to this message and creates a superior race of human clones.

i think it is a subliminal message to the viewer that artificially grown clones are better than the original version. the clones have no trouble surviving most battles and eventually they defeat most of the jedi, while jango and boba get easily owned. lucas is hoping somebody falls victim to this message and creates a superior race of human clones.

well, if you think about it, the clones didn't have a straight fight with the jedi.

Boba and Jango did. And technically, Boba didn't die :yess:

1. Boba Fett isn't a clone of anybody.

2. He died.

George Lucas likes to ____ with his stories and with his fans, so when he found out that people loved Boba Fett not only did he ruin him by giving him a stupid death but also by going back years later and giving him a lame origin as a child.

Oh that, and he could get more merchandise and collectors out of it.

Lucas is the king of making disposable villains:

Darth Maul
Jango
Grievous
Boba

I kinda glad Boba went out like a chump. Don't know why.

And Jango > Boba.

Bobas death still cracks me up today just like it did when I 9 years old.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa burp.

At least Jango got taken out by a MF'n Jedi Master. Boba, a blind man.

Why is it everytime a villian is killed in the OT and people are talking that it wasn't a fair death Han is the one responsible of killing him (or her)... :lol

Boba and Jango did. And technically, Boba didn't die :yess:
i think boba himself would prefer to be dead after that incident, to be honest. to get himself thrown off into a certain doom by a blind man would forever taint his reputation. and if you think news travel fast in today's age of the internet and social networking, how quick do you imagine that incident would spread throughout the galaxy, in the starwars universe? even if he manage to crawl out of sarlac's mouth, nobody would trust him to do anything after that. one look at him and people would just point finger and just laugh. he's better off dead.

And Jango > Boba.

Bobas death still cracks me up today just like it did when I 9 years old.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa burp.

At least Jango got taken out by a MF'n Jedi Master. Boba, a blind man.
the measure of how cool a character is, is when he doesnt have to prove that he's cool. boba looks cool just standing there. jango talks a mouthful, he shoots rockets and jumps and flies, and even has his own dogfight sequence. that's just trying too hard. AND he shows his face. boba is cool precisely because we know so little about the guy. but thanks to the PT we dont have that mystery now.

Well I sit in front of my pc (not in the bath or shower) and after reading the other two pondering thought threads, had my own.
thread is not legit unless it starts with a shower or a bath or variations thereof. there's a standard to uphold. do it right. :mad:

I actually thought it was cool how Jango's death mirrored Boba's. During a public execution by monsters he has a close encounter with a creature in the pit and a jetpack malfunction.

Jango went down fighting, I mean he brought a blaster to a lightsaber fight....

Boba isn't dead, he is hanging out with Weequay.

Weequay.jpg

Back