lcummins' Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcummins

Universal MODster
Reaction score
Well, since several of you have requested to see pictures of my collection, I decided to finally start my collection thread. I will be posting pictures as items rotate in and out of my display and as I have time to get pictures of items still stored.

This first item is for Shai!! This goes back to Sideshow's first year and most people don't even know it exists. Back in 1995, Sideshow released several items relating to Bernie Wrightson, including several resin model kits sculpted by Dan Platt. One of these was a life-size bust of Wrightson's Frankenstein. In 1996, Sideshow issued the sculpt as a bronze casting, limited to just 50 pieces! And most of you thought Sideshow only recently got into the high-end collectibles!! This is #14 / 50 and includes a Certificate of Authenticity signed by both Bernie Wrightson and Dan Platt. I obtained this piece from a fellow board member last year and I want to thank him for a very generous deal!

Anyway, on with the pictures...

Frankenstein01.jpg

Frankenstein03.jpg

Frankenstein04.jpg

Frankenstein05.jpg

Frankenstein06.jpg

Frankenstein07.jpg

Frankenstein08.jpg

Frankenstein09.jpg

Part two follows...

:eek :drool ........I have only heard of these I have never actually seen one.....thats it...as of this moment you are my hero........:bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

kingdarkness03 said:
:eek :drool ........I have only heard of these I have never actually seen one.....thats it...as of this moment you are my hero...:bow

I'm blushing... :monkey4

You should try picking it up... even though the marble base is hollow and the bronze cast is hollow, it still weighs in the neighborhood of 70 lbs!!! :google

HOLY CRAP!! :google
I love ANYTHING related to Wrightson's Frank

that is amazing. never even knew this existed and never knew what I was missing until you pointed it out Cummins. thanks alot! :monkey1

occulum said:
HOLY CRAP!! :google
I love ANYTHING related to Wrightson's Frank

that is amazing. never even knew this existed and never knew what I was missing until you pointed it out Cummins. thanks alot! :monkey1

Sorry! I know what you mean though; as long as I don't know about something, then obviously it doesn't bother me, but as soon as I find out about a rare item, I have to start tracking it down. I hope I didn't start you on a "holy grail" quest... :monkey3

Great piece Lonnie !!!! Did you Finally secured a Gray Hulk ??? I remember back in time you were one of the people who missed it and werent too happy about it..lolll...Just Curious...cause Your collection WILL need it.!!!!! And more amazing pics man.....:monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Shaihulud said:
Great piece Lonnie !!!! Did you Finally secured a Gray Hulk ??? I remember back in time you were one of the people who missed it and werent too happy about it..lolll...Just Curious...cause Your collection WILL need it.!!!!! And more amazing pics man.....:monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Well, now some people might better understand my feelings about the Grey Hulk! No, I haven't secured one yet, but I have a 50/50 chance at one, once they ship. I don't think it will be that difficult to acquire one once they ship, as about 25% of the people who have it on order have already flipped it or tried to flip it. Just a matter of how much I am willing to spend... :google

More pictures coming soon...

Great pics Lonnie...nice to see that bust again! I sure enjoyed having it and like some have pointed out, not a whole of people even know its existence. I read that director Frank Darabont (Shawshank) is a huge Wrightson fan and also has one. I also remember reading that Sideshow did not produce the whole run of these either so there is a great chance there are considerably less than 50 around.
When Sideshow put out the Wrightson Frankenstein model kit they also produced two limited posters that you could order. I still have those as well as some cool Wrightson "collectible crypts" that SS did in those long ago early days. When I ordered the bust you had to call them up (no internet) and I used to speak with Greg Anzalone in regards to the status of my bust...............................Larry

knewby said:
Great pics Lonnie...nice to see that bust again! I sure enjoyed having it and like some have pointed out, not a whole of people even know its existence. I read that director Frank Darabont (Shawshank) is a huge Wrightson fan and also has one. I also remember reading that Sideshow did not produce the whole run of these either so there is a great chance there are considerably less than 50 around.
When Sideshow put out the Wrightson Frankenstein model kit they also produced two limited posters that you could order. I still have those as well as some cool Wrightson "collectible crypts" that SS did in those long ago early days. When I ordered the bust you had to call them up (no internet) and I used to speak with Greg Anzalone in regards to the status of my bust...............................Larry

Hey Larry! That is very interesting news about the run possibly being less than 50! I'm so glad I was able to obtain one of these!! Thanks again! Very cool to have talked to Greg. I wish he would do one of the Sideshow chats, even if it was moderated. It would be great to ask him about the beginings of Sideshow! By the way, you have email! :)

Lonnie

I was around in those early, early days. At one time I had every Wrightson model kit they made and all of the extra items. I remember reading how frustrated SS was at the time they began production on the 8" monsters because of licensing they had to use the same bland yellow/purple backer cards like every other company that made Universal Monsters. I still have the FAO Schwartz box sets of the LBH and the 8" monsters that had cool black boxes and looked sinister. For some reason ( I forget now) they could use their own packaging designs when they did the FAO Schwartz sets...........Larry

Ok... in honor of The Mummy PF figure going up for pre-order tonight... I present...

The Silver Screen Edition, Son of Frankenstein figure, limited to just 10 figures hand-crafted by the Sideshow creative team. Sorry for the lousy pictures, but the box is still sealed and I'm gonna keep it that way!!! :lol

Nothing unusual about the box front...

SSE_Son01.jpg

SSE_Son02.jpg

Silvery goodness!!!

SSE_Son03.jpg

SSE_Son04.jpg

Actual signatures of the creative bunch of guys behind this figure...

SSE_Son05.jpg

SSE_Son06.jpg

SSE_Son07.jpg

And finally, a comparison shot to the color version...

SSE_Son08.jpg

Stay tuned for some Holiday madness with the next pictures!!

Back