PDA

View Full Version : Dream Warriors Freddy

Pages : [1] 2

SSC_Nerd
05-11-2006, 11:38 AM
Well, since we should be getting our first look at the new Freddy figure tonight, I thought we might start a thread for the anticipatin of him. This sucker might be kinda hard to get since there isn't exactly a huge number of him. Him and the Doom prop are the two things I want the most to get. Sadly, us non-attendees may have a tough time getting these.:monkey2

Shai
05-11-2006, 11:42 AM
Bahhh...with an ES of 1500..if you miss it next week there will be plenty on ebay...Thats why I'm not too worry....same for the new Dead figure...

King Darkness
05-11-2006, 11:45 AM
I want this one SOOOOOOOOOOO bad.....SS modern horror line is what got me into SS years ago and with the slow trickle of horror figues from SS these days I cant be more happy with this one.....My Classic Freddy is still one of my favorite figues from SS....Him and my other Freddys are getting very lonley(and out number by Jason figures almost 2:1)...so I will :monkey2:monkey2 if I cant get one of these......I hope we get a preview tonight,which I'am pretty sure we will:D

Seaward
05-11-2006, 11:52 AM
I gotta agree, we need more Freddy's to put some balance back into the horror line! This and the dead are my most eagerly anticipated pre-orders! given the increase in numbers though, I am pretty certain that if I miss out during the pre-order, either a quick jump on the waitlist or some early ebay bizness, and I will be set. Here's hoping nobody has to resort to ebay though

Buttmunch
05-11-2006, 02:49 PM
It took over a week or more for the 666 exlusive pt. 4 Jason to sell out. Jason has always seemed more popular than Freddy, but because it is a SDCC exclusive, he may sell out earlier than he would if it was just a site exclusive. :o

abstractharmony
05-11-2006, 03:01 PM
I found out after the Sith Anakin pre-order that a couple of my buds are attending SDCC so it eases the pressure a bit. But I'se got to have my freddy.

So, do we think it's the tux?

Seaward
05-11-2006, 03:02 PM
I think that Con-exclusives seem to bring out the speculators and scalpers a little more than regular items.

That being said, most companies have streamlined the process, making it pretty straightforward to get exclusives. That and the sheer number of exclusives over the last few years had a lot of people burned out.

I hope Freddy is just a reasonable sell-out time. Not like the days it takes for site-exclusive, but hopefully a little easier than the SW exclusives!

I just want to see what they have chosen for the outfit. I am guessing it will be tuxedo Freddy, but I hope it has a whole new head!

SSC_Nerd
05-11-2006, 03:11 PM
I'm personally not thrilled about a Tuxedo cladded Freddy, but I don't think there's anything else they could use from the movie. Unless they use that crazy little puppet Freddy, but that seems weird, and unlikely. Oooo... what about Nurse Freddy? Wink Wink.:monkey5 :monkey5

DarkArtist81
05-11-2006, 03:57 PM
Well, there are a few options for clothing... either the tux version... maybe a chest of souls version... Syringe fingers (even if it's pretty much the same costume as normal).... And I guess that's it.

But if they DO make it the tuxedo Freddy... I would like for him to come with that mom's severed head!! :monkey5

I can't wait to see this one... both of the forums I am on have been speculating about this figure... everyone has their theory for what he should look like.

Customikey
05-11-2006, 04:01 PM
I'm praying for a new head, hat with wide brim, knitted sweater, correct color pants (they are BLUE, people!!), and alternate syringe hands.

Yes, please.

Seaward
05-11-2006, 04:26 PM
Okay, so it could be tuxedo Freddy, hopefully with a bottle of scotch and Brooke Bundy's head....
or it could be a straight forward Freddy, redone per CM's recommendations....

Chest of souls would be cool beyond words!
Syringe hands would also be sweet....
I have always wanted to get the Faucet Handle knives that attack Kristen, so that is my hopeful accessory...
...or the little paper macheie house...
...or the TV set version of Freddy...

It would be too much to ask that they make giant snake freddy, a la the POTA lawgiver, but since we know the price point, that ain't happening.

Buttmunch
05-11-2006, 06:41 PM
It looks like the Chest of souls Freddy! Very interesting!

King Darkness
05-11-2006, 06:43 PM
THIS KICKS ASS!!!!!!!!I did not see this one coming....I MUST have this figure or the streets shall run with the blood of the nonbelievers!!!

SSC_Nerd
05-11-2006, 06:46 PM
RAD!! It'll do.:monkey5 :monkey5

JGouse0498
05-11-2006, 06:47 PM
It looks like the Chest of souls Freddy! Very interesting!

I can't find the link in the newsletter. Where is it?

Buttmunch
05-11-2006, 06:51 PM
look again. Its under the modern horror section.

King Darkness
05-11-2006, 06:52 PM
New head sculpt looks awesome....Is it next Friday yet??? I NEED this figure.....way to go SS:D

:chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

TheObsoleteMan
05-11-2006, 06:54 PM
Don't know if I'll be ordering it, but it is very cool.

JGouse0498
05-11-2006, 06:55 PM
look again. Its under the modern horror section.

I'm not seeing a Modern Horror section in the newsletter, and I don't see anything under New Line Horror on SSC's main site.

Aerosmith
05-11-2006, 06:56 PM
This kicks ass! I hope I can get one. I missed out on the original Freddy & only have the Demon & Human versions from FVJ.

Buttmunch
05-11-2006, 06:58 PM
I'm not seeing a Modern Horror section in the newsletter, and I don't see anything under New Line Horror on SSC's main site.

Is your newsletter subscribed to horror? If not that may be the reason.

JGouse0498
05-11-2006, 06:59 PM
Is your newsletter subscribed to horror? If not that may be the reason.

Yeah, that'd be the reason. Can I change my settings and have it instantly updated?

Buttmunch
05-11-2006, 07:04 PM
Yeah, that'd be the reason. Can I change my settings and have it instantly updated?

Yes, just go to your newsletter main page and check horror or just check "check all" (or something like that) and you just click update and you should then be able to see it.

pitchin
05-11-2006, 07:04 PM
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=051106dream&source=051106news

Buttmunch
05-11-2006, 07:05 PM
I wonder if there is a reason Sideshow still hasn't made a Freddy with a real sweater. That could even be the exclusive if they would just do it. :rolleyes:

Buttmunch
05-11-2006, 07:09 PM
I wish I had abs like Freddy's :lol

JGouse0498
05-11-2006, 07:09 PM
Thanks, you guys. I got it adjusted.

Dang...I wish I could try for the non-attendee PPO, but I have the SDCC Darth Vader, a full set of Kotobukiya Robocop "bust-ups", and my wife's 25th birthday all coming at the end of July. I'm stretched too thin financially already!!

Customikey
05-11-2006, 07:10 PM
I hope there's more to it than just that chest thing. And not excited about getting a fourth helping of that dippy printed sweater with the goofy fringe.

I am interested to see if he's got some cool accessories and the new sculpt.

King Darkness
05-11-2006, 07:19 PM
Don't know if I'll be ordering it, but it is very cool.

I hope a few more people fell that way...mayybe it will make next Friday a little easier for me:D

kain4521
05-11-2006, 07:25 PM
Its going to be a tough decision between freddy and subject 5. Or maybe I will just get both. :maul

wookilar8
05-11-2006, 07:27 PM
Kinda limits the poses for this one. Unless you don't want to see all the souls on his belly. It's still a must have.

DarkArtist81
05-11-2006, 07:33 PM
I knew it!! I had a feeling it would be the "chest of souls"! Very cool...

It does look like a new sculpt, even if it is the same crappy sweater.... I have to get it. The poses may be limited, but I have other Freddy's to pose anyway... :D

EVILFACE
05-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Pretty kewl. I like the new head sculpt and the screamin' abs are sweet looking. Wish there was a knitted sweater though . . . .

King Darkness
05-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Hmph...not hearing to much love for the new Freddy:monkey2 ....maybe I'am to starved for new horror, but I really love this figure and the pose with his shirt up looks awesome to me....I always loved that part in the movie:D

Deak Starkiller
05-12-2006, 12:00 AM
My guess is the kid as a puppet for the accessory.

Murderofcrows71
05-12-2006, 12:13 AM
I'm praying for a new head, hat with wide brim, knitted sweater, correct color pants (they are BLUE, people!!), and alternate syringe hands.

Yes, please.

Blue? Which movie? All the reference pictures I have over the years such as the making of Nightmare book and various posters are all either black or dark brown.
The figure looks cool to me, a knitted sweater at this scale would look like it was inflated are played by a 350 lb Robert Englund.

PsychoCenobite
05-12-2006, 02:46 AM
So far this is my most 'must have' SDCC exclusive! :monkey5

I don't have the original Freddy and have been thinking of getting a Freddy. So this will do nicely!

I might even buy a 1/6 tux off eBay and have him in that! :chew

PsychoCenobite :maul

PsychoCenobite
05-12-2006, 02:47 AM
By the way, this was the first Freddy film I saw and I was about 8 or 9! :google

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

DarkArtist81
05-12-2006, 03:53 AM
So far this is my most 'must have' SDCC exclusive! :monkey5

I don't have the original Freddy and have been thinking of getting a Freddy. So this will do nicely!

I might even buy a 1/6 tux off eBay and have him in that! :chew

PsychoCenobite :maul

Yeah, you could always use one of the Bond tuxes and make it work. As for the blond severed head to make it authentic... you could always use that Buffy witht the rooted hair. :lol Hardly anyone likes that one anyway.

PsychoCenobite
05-12-2006, 04:12 AM
As for the blond severed head to make it authentic... you could always use that Buffy witht the rooted hair. :lol Hardly anyone likes that one anyway.

I didn't think about that! :lol

Good idea!

PC :chew

abstractharmony
05-12-2006, 04:31 AM
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Do you know, the Chest of Souls never once occurred to me...

It looks sweet - and the more people who are put off by it, the easier it'll be for me to get one next friday....

PsychoCenobite
05-12-2006, 04:51 AM
Just a minute! Wasn't the 'Chest of Souls' from Nightmare 4?! :confused:

"You have their powers but I have their souls!"

Shai
05-12-2006, 05:01 AM
BEST FREDDY EVER !!!!! DONT BUY THIS FIGURE. LEAVE IT TO ME !!!!!!

hairlesswookiee
05-12-2006, 05:08 AM
im definately getting this one. im sorry but this freddy looks awesome!!! i cant wait to get him in my home.

Customikey
05-12-2006, 05:13 AM
I'm not saying it's not killer or that Iwon't order it (sorry, guys), but I think it's a missed opportunity to fix some of the issues with the original.

hairlesswookiee
05-12-2006, 06:42 AM
thats cool Mikey... you're standards are probaly higher than mine because you can probably make a better one. but considering i only have the Freddy vs. Jason freddy i have soemthing else to look forward to. :monkey2 :monkey2

Customikey
05-12-2006, 06:54 AM
I don't have super-high standards when it comes to how it looks "out of the box", but I know that we could get the knitted sweater because we got one with Pammy. We could get the correct navy pants because the PF has em, why not the 12"? The fringe on the sweater looks just plain dippy. And it's the same one on your FVJ, on the original, and on the Springwood Slasher version. That's three out of four total Freddy figures that comes with the exact same clothing, from the hat to the boots. Even the hands are the same.
I think, considering how careful they've been with making sure each Jason is unique as a whole, they could do the same thing with Freddy, seeing as there are even fewer opportunities to make a different looking Freddy.
I love the chest of souls, and I'm intrigued by the new sculpt, but I still feel, in light of Sideshow's devotion to uniqueness amongst each and every figure, DW Freddy could have been much more than a new head and a rubber chest.

PsychoCenobite
05-12-2006, 07:09 AM
Oh God! I just realised how much I want this one and there is only 1000!!!

I really hope I get this one.... this is my 'MUST HAVE'!!!!!!

denger4000
05-12-2006, 08:02 AM
Me Wantee. I like it a lot, I was going to get it any way, I plan to own all the freddy's and all the Jason's.

abstractharmony
05-12-2006, 08:39 AM
Me Wantee. I like it a lot, I was going to get it any way, I plan to own all the freddy's and all the Jason's.

What all 1000 of 'em?

:rotfl

I think Shai's got the same idea with Jason Pt. 3!

Shai
05-12-2006, 09:41 AM
What all 1000 of 'em?

:rotfl

I think Shai's got the same idea with Jason Pt. 3!

LOLLLLL :lol

EVILFACE
05-12-2006, 11:12 AM
I don't have super-high standards when it comes to how it looks "out of the box", but I know that we could get the knitted sweater because we got one with Pammy. We could get the correct navy pants because the PF has em, why not the 12"? The fringe on the sweater looks just plain dippy. And it's the same one on your FVJ, on the original, and on the Springwood Slasher version. That's three out of four total Freddy figures that comes with the exact same clothing, from the hat to the boots. Even the hands are the same.
I think, considering how careful they've been with making sure each Jason is unique as a whole, they could do the same thing with Freddy, seeing as there are even fewer opportunities to make a different looking Freddy.
I love the chest of souls, and I'm intrigued by the new sculpt, but I still feel, in light of Sideshow's devotion to uniqueness amongst each and every figure, DW Freddy could have been much more than a new head and a rubber chest.

Well lets see:

We have a 12" Anakin Skywalker Figure.
Then we have a 12" Darth Vader which is just Anakin with some repainted eyes and dark eyeshadow.

Now we get a Freddy that has a all new awesome looking head sculpt and some wicked looking screaming abs.

It's ok with Anakin/Vader but not with Freddy?

Sure I'd like a knitted sweater, but I could get mom to make me one if I thought the world would end without it.

DarkArtist81
05-12-2006, 11:28 AM
Just a minute! Wasn't the 'Chest of Souls' from Nightmare 4?! :confused:

"You have their powers but I have their souls!"

Well, actually... funny you ask... The chest of souls was actually in both 3 and 4. Freddy shows it briefly at the end of the flick in 3, when the "warriors" all show up in the dreamscape to save the mute kid.

And it does appear in 4 as well, though I forget the circumstances.

King Darkness
05-12-2006, 11:36 AM
BEST FREDDY EVER !!!!! DONT BUY THIS FIGURE. LEAVE IT TO ME !!!!!!

Finally someone shares my exact same feelings.....There wasn't much support for him yesterday, but there seems to be MUCH more today.....I 'am happy to see more people likeing this new Freddy....

Sideshow Dooley
05-12-2006, 11:50 AM
I think the exclusive should be the soundtrack from Dokken!:D

occulum
05-12-2006, 12:05 PM
something tells me the sculptor has shown his face
oh yeah :rock

please tell us you have a ton of horror work coming down the pipe Dooley. PLEASE!! for the luvagod :D

Shai
05-12-2006, 12:14 PM

Hey, Dooley..Whats the new Jason they made you sculpt ??? Part 8 ?? part 5 ?? Uber- Jason ???

Shai
05-12-2006, 12:27 PM
Finally someone shares my exact same feelings.....There wasn't much support for him yesterday, but there seems to be MUCH more today.....I 'am happy to see more people likeing this new Freddy....

King...Last evening/night, I was working so I didnt have the chance to read the newsletter or post my comments here...This morning when I saw this Freddy I WAS IN AWE !!!! I really think it will be Sideshow's best Freddy..The head sculpt looks to be his best one so far and That chest of souls, come on guys:IT IS AWECORE !!! About the sweater:those who dont like the fringe, just cut it !!! Man, for me this figure has the potential of being a ''MUST-BUY-AT-LEAST-FIVE-OF-HIM''...like Jason part 3...lollllll

And to think some people are buying Sideshow figures just for Star wars stuff.... :rolleyes:
See you at the preorder folks....

Darth Kustomizer
05-12-2006, 12:44 PM
I really had high hopes this figure was going to be sort of run of the mill. Then I opened up the newsletter today only to be faced with some wicked looking screaming abs.

Consider this my change of heart!

Gotta have this figure!

Sideshow Dooley
05-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Ahh...first of all I didn't know this "Freddy" was going to be a SDCC Exlcusive till I went to the new building for a visit. By the way the new building is nothing short of AMAZING! I'm really glad the new "Freddy" is getting a warm reception! Those screaming abs we're tough. Try and beat that "Ab Lounge"!
I'd like to do Jason#8 or Uber-Jason. But no such luck yet. I wish I could say I'm up to my eyes in horror, but I'm in a galaxy far, far away...:emperor

It's a good change for me. I'm having a blast working on all these fun SW characters. I think you'll really like what the future holds. Until then, that's all I can say. I think I'm going to be at SDCC? So stop by the booth ( it's the REALLY BIG ONE) and say hi!:r2d2line
Watch out for those Zombies man!
Dooley

DarkArtist81
05-12-2006, 01:50 PM
cool..... Well hopefully Dooley will be able to work on another Jason soon... we need MORE! :D

I am really happy with the sculpt for Freddy this time, very good work and I love his snarl. This one is probably going to be the favorite of the current Freddy's for me and I can't wait to look at the chest of souls a little closer...

Sweet work Brian! :chew

Buttmunch
05-12-2006, 02:19 PM
Can you give us any idea of the accessories or what Subject Five looks like? Great work BTW. As always you continue to impress. I can't wait to see your Star Wars figures. Do you have an idea when we will see your first of those? SDCC?

King Darkness
05-12-2006, 04:36 PM
Ahh...first of all I didn't know this "Freddy" was going to be a SDCC Exlcusive till I went to the new building for a visit. By the way the new building is nothing short of AMAZING! I'm really glad the new "Freddy" is getting a warm reception! Those screaming abs we're tough. Try and beat that "Ab Lounge"!
I'd like to do Jason#8 or Uber-Jason. But no such luck yet. I wish I could say I'm up to my eyes in horror, but I'm in a galaxy far, far away...:emperor

It's a good change for me. I'm having a blast working on all these fun SW characters. I think you'll really like what the future holds. Until then, that's all I can say. I think I'm going to be at SDCC? So stop by the booth ( it's the REALLY BIG ONE) and say hi!:r2d2line
Watch out for those Zombies man!
Dooley

Thanks for droping in Dooley....I LOVE the new Freddy...I'am a little sad to hear your not neck deep in horror:monkey2.....anyway I love your work....great job...

Customikey
05-12-2006, 06:11 PM
Did...did Brian just hint that he's working on a Palpy? Oh God yes, please! Brian is perfect "casting" for a Palpatine sculpt!

Buttmunch
05-12-2006, 08:56 PM
Did...did Brian just hint that he's working on a Palpy? Oh God yes, please! Brian is perfect "casting" for a Palpatine sculpt!

Thats what I kinda got out of it too. Of course we have a limited amount of star wars smilies.

denger4000
05-13-2006, 11:36 AM
Thats what I kinda got out of it too. Of course we have a limited amount of star wars smilies.

Yeah thats what I think it was too honestly.

tomandshell
05-13-2006, 11:48 AM
He seems like a good choice for Palpatine. And it did sound like he was doing several different sculpts. Maybe a Bossk? I think that Brian will be giving us tons of the Star Wars creatures and monsters over the coming months...

:maul

The Josh
05-13-2006, 12:09 PM
Sweet!! Looking forward to meeting Brian and getting his auto in my SS Catalog.

Gotta have someone do
:maul :maul :maul :maul :maul :maul :maul :maul :maul and Brian would be a great choice.

Kabukiman
05-13-2006, 10:46 PM
Dooley mentioned a "HUGE Star Wars Project" that he was working on a while back, and I got all excited thinking we were getting a Bossk. Turns out, that may have just been Han's mynok.

This latest post intrigues me.

Star Wars + Dooley = pwnage

Fritz
05-17-2006, 06:50 PM
I don't collect this line but I may just have to get this figure. It's definitely high in coolness factor. :cool:

DarkArtist81
05-17-2006, 07:06 PM

Oh man that would be sweeeet!! He'd do an awesome Palpatine! :monkey5

grant666uk
05-18-2006, 03:38 AM
Just had a email to say Freddy Krueger goes up for pre-order on Friday, May 19, 2006, from 10am to NOON (PST). What time would this be in the UK. Just want to make sure I am ready for it.

Thanks

abstractharmony
05-18-2006, 05:13 AM
6pm!

I hate these pre-orders - I have to leave work early just to make sure I'm home in time.

PsychoCenobite
05-18-2006, 05:27 AM
6pm!

I hate these pre-orders - I have to leave work early just to make sure I'm home in time.

I have to look like a loser staying at work late! :lol

I'm really nervus about this pre-order! :google

PsychoCenobite :monkey1

grant666uk
05-18-2006, 05:30 AM
6pm!

Can someone tell me how it works. I have a acount with sideshow and get the newsletter. Do I just log in at 6pm or do I get sent a email.

Thanks for the info.

Grant

abstractharmony
05-18-2006, 08:39 AM
OK you have to be registered both with sideshow and the newsletter with the same e-mail address for both.

Then you log into the sideshow site at 5.57pm and refresh like buggery until you are able to order it.

Then you can get in line behind ME boy! Hopefully Freddy will be mine.

I predict a 7 minute sell out for the non-attendee

grant666uk
05-18-2006, 09:20 AM
OK you have to be registered both with sideshow and the newsletter with the same e-mail address for both.

Then you log into the sideshow site at 5.57pm and refresh like buggery until you are able to order it.

Then you can get in line behind ME boy! Hopefully Freddy will be mine.

I predict a 7 minute sell out for the non-attendee

Cheers mate. Done and done. Should be ok what with my mega fast broadband. Freddy here I come.

Deak Starkiller
05-18-2006, 10:00 AM
Got him!:chew

Michael Crawford
05-18-2006, 10:01 AM
Yep, that took all of thirty seconds.

EVILFACE
05-18-2006, 10:05 AM
Awesome, he comes with a set of syringe hands!!!!!!!!!!

Great looking sculpt too!!

I'll be doing my order tomorrow though lol.

TOE
05-18-2006, 10:06 AM
:chew means I got him :D

MicroJow
05-18-2006, 10:10 AM
I kept refreshing the main page, expecting to see the now-familiar "Priority Pre-Order" box but they're not going that route, it seems.

Regardless, got one.

- J!

TheObsoleteMan
05-18-2006, 10:34 AM
I was on the fence about ordering this one, but not anymore. Syringe hands, Freddy's remains, chest of souls... that's just too cool to pass up. I'll definitely be trying for this one tomorrow.

PsychoCenobite
05-18-2006, 11:04 AM
OMG! I'm going to cry if I don't get this tomorrow! :monkey2

This is now my msut have out of all the Sideshow items! I love it! :monkey5

I'm going to wear my lucky t-shirt tomorrow!

PsychoCenobite :chew

Seaward
05-18-2006, 11:22 AM
Good Luck to everybody with Freddy tomorrow. I have to feed some cats for a friend who will be away for the weekend, and I told him to leave his computer on!!! I will be able to leave work early for my lunch break, have enough time to feed the kitties, hoepfully order Freddy and boogie back!
:chew

King Darkness
05-18-2006, 11:30 AM
OMG! I'm going to cry if I don't get this tomorrow! :monkey2

This is now my msut have out of all the Sideshow items! I love it! :monkey5

I'm going to wear my lucky t-shirt tomorrow!

Same here PC.....I LOVE the acc. with this Freddy...I have had no doubt about getting this one since they announced it, but the acc. make this so much cooler......the BEST acc. to come with any Freddy so far!!!!!!I will :monkey2 like a baby monkey if I dont get this Freddy....

abstractharmony
05-18-2006, 11:31 AM
I have a friend who is gonna try and get me an attendee one today (the lucky buggers going to SDCC) but I've GOT to have this Freddy.

[scary voice]Beware any of you who get one tomorrow if I don't for you will incur my WRATH!!!!!!![/scary voice]

Shai
05-18-2006, 11:52 AM
I THINK THE PREORDER TOMORROW WILL BE JUST FINE.EVERYONE WHO WANTS ONE WILL GET IT...YOU WILL SEE A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HIM AND STAR WARS FIGURES, IT WILL BE MUCH EASIER TO ORDER HIM...EVERY FANATIC ON THIS BOARD WILL GET ONE, THRUST ME...JUST DONT WAIT TOO MUCH TO ORDER HIM....

He looks good by the way !!! their best Freddy to date IMO...love all the stuff he comes with... just hope his hat does not leave marks on his head....:google

Seaward
05-18-2006, 12:24 PM
[scary voice]Beware any of you who get one tomorrow if I don't for you will incur my WRATH!!!!!!![/scary voice]Read through some of the Buffy posts about Spike, you know not to incur the wrath of abstractharmony!!!:rotfl

Badism
05-18-2006, 01:32 PM
OK, so this says attendee-edition. Can I assume that, like Vader, there will be an non-attendee version up for order soon?

King Darkness
05-18-2006, 01:34 PM
OK, so this says attendee-edition. Can I assume that, like Vader, there will be an non-attendee version up for order soon?
Yes, tomorrow at 10:00am PST...for NON-att.

pjam
05-18-2006, 01:35 PM

Tomorrow 10am PST

This is THE Freddy to collect if you ask me, it has everything.

Buttmunch
05-18-2006, 01:42 PM
Got my order in! He looks sweet! Definately a must have.

Badism
05-18-2006, 01:43 PM
Yes, tommorow at 10:00am PST...for NON-att.

My thanks to both of you. I would have missed that. :D

King Darkness
05-18-2006, 01:44 PM
My thanks to both of you. I would have missed that. :D

NO...NO...wait Badism....Me and P were both wrong its a week from next Tuesday:lol.....

Badism
05-18-2006, 01:50 PM
NO...NO...wait Badism....Me and P were both wrong its a week from next Tuesday:lol.....

Are you joking?

King Darkness
05-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Are you joking?
Yes.....:o...its tomorrow

abstractharmony
05-18-2006, 02:23 PM
Read through some of the Buffy posts about Spike, you know not to incur the wrath of abstractharmony!!!:rotfl

That's right baby, that's right!!!!!!!

:D

DarkArtist81
05-18-2006, 02:31 PM
It's so awesome that they still are giving us the syringe hands! I really love that. And to top it all off, you have Freddy's charred remains?!! :google

They have seriously outdone themselves this time. Sweet sculpt, finally some damn accessories, and that sick chest. Dooley.... you rock!:chew

King Darkness
05-18-2006, 03:07 PM
It's so awesome that they still are giving us the syringe hands! I really love that. And to top it all off, you have Freddy's charred remains?!! :google

They have seriously outdone themselves this time. Sweet sculpt, finally some damn accessories, and that sick chest. Dooley.... you rock!:chew

Ditto...100% Ditto....

Bonehead15
05-18-2006, 04:06 PM

The syringe hands are cool. :)

The "charred remains" are just the same bones and skull that came with the Monster from The Bride of Frankenstein. :D

Seaward
05-18-2006, 04:12 PM
Remains is remains, even with reuse, so I am just happy to have them!!! The syringe fingers rock, I can't wait until tomorrow. This Freddy will easily move the others to the back of the shelf!

Heck, he may even scare some of the Jason's off too!

Buttmunch
05-18-2006, 04:43 PM
The syringe hands are cool. :)

The "charred remains" are just the same bones and skull that came with the Monster from The Bride of Frankenstein. :D

Are you sure, the sculpts look a bit differnt. Even if they are, it is cool that they are included.

Wait a minute, if those are his burned remains, why is he still burned? and not just the bones? :confused:

Seaward
05-18-2006, 04:50 PM
Wait a minute, if those are his burned remains, why is he still burned? and not just the bones?

My...Brain...Hurts...

Customikey
05-18-2006, 05:31 PM
i'M A BELIEVER!!!!!

I WILL order this. Oh yes. He looks beautiful. I can now gleefully overlook the sweater and pants. The chest, the hands, that incredible sculpt!!!

I cannot wait to get him! Of course, once he's mine, there will be one less pristine DW Freddy. I'm going to cut off the fringe, dirty up the sweater, and replace the needles of the syringe hands with real needles.

DarkArtist81
05-18-2006, 05:36 PM
i'M A BELIEVER!!!!!

I WILL order this. Oh yes. He looks beautiful. I can now gleefully overlook the sweater and pants. The chest, the hands, that incredible sculpt!!!

I cannot wait to get him! Of course, once he's mine, there will be one less pristine DW Freddy. I'm going to cut off the fringe, dirty up the sweater, and replace the needles of the syringe hands with real needles.

SWEEEET!!!

Do it Mikey!! That would be awesome! :chew

Sideshow Dooley
05-18-2006, 05:51 PM
Just to let you know the "Skull" is new!
Enjoy-
Dooley:D

Seaward
05-18-2006, 05:53 PM
Mikey, the real needles idea is awesome!!! I guess I could forego the idea of having kids around the house in the future, and start dangerfyeing, er, I mean, Improving, my toys.

Darkartist, I love the Ackbar!

Customikey
05-18-2006, 05:55 PM
Mikey, the real needles idea is awesome!!! I guess I could forego the idea of having kids around the house in the future, and start dangerfyeing, er, I mean, Improving, my toys.

And I love your avatar, Seaward.

Seaward
05-18-2006, 05:59 PM
Quick question about those hellacious abs, but does the chest appliance extend all the way up, similar to the Jason body suit did recently? just curiousity. This is really the best Freddy yet, and I know that the other films are consider lesser in quality, but I would gladly take a Freddy from the remaining four films! Even though part two kinda sucks and is weirdly homoerotic, it has the best line, when Freddy says "You are all my children" either that or when he introduces the DiVinyls on MTV in the supplemental DVD stuff!:lol

Thanks Mikey, pulled it from Fark during one of their photshop contests.

Buttmunch
05-18-2006, 06:00 PM
Enjoy-

HAH! I knew it! It the claw hand or burned hand new too? They look somewhat different. Perhaps just the pose?

I suppose the chest is a rubber body suit like the Jasons?

DarkArtist81
05-18-2006, 06:43 PM

Thanks SeaWard! Love your avi too! Ackbar is the man... I laugh now everytime he says that line! :lol

pjam
05-18-2006, 07:23 PM
Enjoy-

All the way with Dooley, thanks Brian.

rentu
05-18-2006, 08:18 PM
well i just ordered one of these since they are still available....figured why not :chew :chew

PsychoCenobite
05-19-2006, 07:50 AM
Just over 2hrs to go! :chew

And OMG I'm so bored at work today! I'm going to have to stay late as well to try and get this Freddy.

Come on 6pm UK time!!!! :monkey5

PsychoCenobite :emperor

grant666uk
05-19-2006, 09:28 AM
Oooo not long now. I wonder when they will ship him to the UK ??:monkey5

abstractharmony
05-19-2006, 09:49 AM
In the immortal words of The Fat Boys

'Are you ready for Freddy?'

PsychoCenobite
05-19-2006, 09:50 AM
1,2 Freddys coming for you! :monkey5

I need the toilet but don't want to risk it! :lol

King Darkness
05-19-2006, 09:52 AM
In the immortal words of The Fat Boys

'Are you ready for Freddy?'

:blissy:blissyI am I am :blissy:blissy

denger4000
05-19-2006, 09:55 AM
Closing in on 5 minutes now.

PsychoCenobite
05-19-2006, 09:55 AM
I'm going to have to be 'faster than a bastard maniac' today! :lol

King Darkness
05-19-2006, 09:57 AM
Good luck all.....the time is upon us!!!

grant666uk
3 mins to go .

PsychoCenobite
Yep! Good luck everyone! :chew

PsychoCenobtie :monkey5

PsychoCenobite
05-19-2006, 09:58 AM
Still no log in screen!

metaldude
05-19-2006, 09:58 AM
where will it be on the site?

PsychoCenobite
05-19-2006, 09:59 AM

King Darkness
05-19-2006, 09:59 AM

Just go to SS homepage annd it should come up....

abstractharmony
05-19-2006, 10:00 AM
anyone got him
?

PsychoCenobite
05-19-2006, 10:01 AM
still no log in!!?!?!

King Darkness
05-19-2006, 10:02 AM
still no log in!!?!?!

same here...whats the deal...

EVILFACE
05-19-2006, 10:03 AM
easy!!!!!!

denger4000
AHHHHHHHHHHh does anyone have one yet? whats going on!!!

abstractharmony
:chew :chew :chew :chew

Hey baaaaaaaaaby

Got me some Freddy love....

PsychoCenobite
No log in!!! :monkey2 :monkey2

morbidaj
05-19-2006, 10:04 AM
Got it!!

I clicked on the Freddy graphic on the main sideshow page and went to the screen that showed both the attendee and non version..

denger4000
how did you order it? link? please???

PsychoCenobite
Bad feeling here!

denger4000
never mind

abstractharmony
05-19-2006, 10:05 AM
Use the Freddy square on the Homepage - not the non-attendee link

knewby
I got mine...the server was very slow though...I can't freakin imagine trying to get the SS Vader when it finally arrives..................Larry

Badism
I just got mine, so no problem for me. Good luck to those of you still trying to get in.

Welsh Wizard
05-19-2006, 10:06 AM
Got one...... 3 minutes not bad at all... :chew :chew :chew

WW :lsvader

EVILFACE
05-19-2006, 10:06 AM
Does no one read priority suggestions? Always have yourself logged in your account first, then order. I just clicked the freddy pic on the main page, then non-attend, order placed and on my way.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=search&item=7320SC&type=store

abstractharmony
05-19-2006, 10:08 AM
I hope that Subject 5 is as easy next week.

Shai
got him..was getting nervous here...6 min.

denger4000
yay I got one, does anyone know how many are being sold to non attende's?

abstractharmony
05-19-2006, 10:09 AM
150 or thereabouts!

lcummins
I got mine...the server was very slow though...I can't freakin imagine trying to get the SS Vader when it finally arrives..................Larry

Larry, I didn't realize you still collected... very cool! :chew

What do you mainly collect these days?

grant666uk
Whooo Hooo etc

PsychoCenobite
05-19-2006, 10:10 AM
BAGGED! :chew

I'm off home now to get drunk!

I hope everyone got him who wanted him!

Badism
05-19-2006, 10:10 AM
150 or thereabouts!

Wow! really? I feel very lucky now. :D

Alice Adrenochrome
05-19-2006, 10:11 AM
Done and DONE! But as far as I'm concerned, the non-attendee PPO was up only at 3 min past the mark! Strange! The entire ordering process then took me about 2 minutes. No sweat compared to the SW PPO's...

abstractharmony
05-19-2006, 10:13 AM
'twas 10.06 according the the clock on the homepage!

denger4000
Yeah it seemed like it took forever, but better late then early i guess.

coldheart
Got mine.Just put my heart back in my chest...

King Darkness
05-19-2006, 10:14 AM
Got him!!!!By far the strangest PPO so far, but what hell at least I have and thats all that matters...

kain4521
That wasnt bad for once. Hope it goes like that for subject 5.

Shai
They are selling more than 150 to non-attendee thats obvious...that 10% ratio doesnt work anymore...Dusty said it..was is important is the 1500 ES...This is better this way.

knewby
Lonnie I'm still collecting the modern figures by SS and by NECA and others. I have every single SS modern horror figure so far and I plan on gettin' em all!.................Larry

rockit13
10 minutes . . . but i got my non-attendee Freddy!

denger4000
05-19-2006, 10:16 AM
Hmmm, so how much do you think? 1500 is limited no matter how you look at it for such an awesome figure. Any pictures of Subject 5 yet?

lcummins
05-19-2006, 10:16 AM
Lonnie I'm still collecting the modern figures by SS and by NECA and others. I have every single SS modern horror figure so far and I plan on gettin' em all!.................Larry

Nice! The modern horror line is a great line... we just need more figures beside Freddy and Jason!!! :rotfl

pjam
05-19-2006, 10:17 AM
I'm in too. Took 10 minutes to figure it out, had to go to pre-order items page, then click the N/A Freddy, log in, seems like a different way each time. This is a great piece.

abstractharmony
05-19-2006, 10:18 AM
They are selling more than 150 to non-attendee thats obvious...that 10% ratio doesnt work anymore...Dusty said it..was is important is the 1500 ES...This is better this way.

You know Shai - I completely agree with you. As long as everyone who wants, gets, then is no problem. At the end of the day it's still a 1500 piece and Sideshow get their cash.

I wonder if we'll both be this philosophical next week when we are weeping over our lack of Subject No. 5...:lol

knewby
05-19-2006, 10:18 AM
Tell me about it...I had really high hopes for the modern horror line insofar as new licenses and characters we've yet to see....I want a SS Tall Man and some more Leatherfaces like from parts 2 and 3 and ChopTop.....the possiblities are endless really. I love the new Freddies and Jason's but I'm SOOOO ready for someone new............................Larry

abstractharmony
05-19-2006, 10:19 AM
Hmmm, so how much do you think? 1500 is limited no matter how you look at it for such an awesome figure. Any pictures of Subject 5 yet?

Yeah, a preview link from the newsletter.

I'll try and find it hang on (unless someone else posts it first)

King Darkness
05-19-2006, 10:19 AM
I'm in too. Took 10 m inutes to figure it out, had to go to pre-order items page, then log in, seems like a different way each time. This is a great piece.

Yeah this was very different...why didn't we get the PPO page that pops up and directs straight to the order????I took me more time to figure out what was going than it did to actually order it..

TheObsoleteMan
05-19-2006, 10:20 AM
Got one ordered.

knewby
And can you imagine if SS could do some DAWN or NOTLD 12 inch figures. I like the idea of the Dead figures but I'd rather have figures based on movies than original lines.....................Larry

SSC_Nerd
I'm now one happy nerd. DUDE, WE NEED A FREDDY SMILIE/AVATAR THINGY! YEAH!:stake :stake :balrog

King Darkness
05-19-2006, 10:21 AM
Tell me about it...I had really high hopes for the modern horror line insofar as new licenses and characters we've yet to see....I want a SS Tall Man and some more Leatherfaces like from parts 2 and 3 and ChopTop.....the possiblities are endless really. I love the new Freddies and Jason's but I'm SOOOO ready for someone new............................Larry

I agree 100%....we need more modern horror...bad!!!

abstractharmony

Hopefully we'll get a Part 5 Roy - that's someone different...

Well...it is...

Stop looking at me like that...put that axe down...no...no...Noooooooooo!

CHOP!

I still want my Roy...

CHOP, CHOP, CHOP, CHOP!!!!!

sheridan
got home just in time to grab one:chew

metaldude
05-19-2006, 10:22 AM
ok being new dont have a clue how to do this. i went on the preorder link then signed into the newsletter page and nothing there to buy. can anyone help?

King Darkness
05-19-2006, 10:23 AM
And can you imagine if SS could do some DAWN or NOTLD 12 inch figures. I like the idea of the Dead figures but I'd rather have figures based on movies than original lines.....................Larry

That would be awesome if we got a George Romero line of nothing but zombies from all his movies......

Jesseawilson
05-19-2006, 10:23 AM
ok being new dont have a clue how to do this. i went on the preorder link then signed into the newsletter page and nothing there to buy. can anyone help?

Just enter "Freddy" in the search field on the SS site. It will come up whether you're logged in or not, then you'll need to be logged in to buy it.

Jesse

Badism
05-19-2006, 10:24 AM

I believe you had to have been signed up as of last night. :(

abstractharmony
05-19-2006, 10:25 AM
Metaldude, are you registered both with Sideshow and for the newsletter with the same e-mail address?

If not, you won't be eligible for PPO and If you're not you will have to wait until 12.00 noon

King Darkness
05-19-2006, 10:26 AM

If you click on the thumbnail of Freddy on the homepage it will take to the PPO info page....the click the [pre-order] and it will take you to the attende pre-order...if you to the right there will be a link for non-attendee..thats what I had to do...

lcummins

I think everyone here would drool over a Tall Man!!!! And any of Romero's Dead films would provide some really cool figures! Heck, I wouldn't even mind figures from Savini's remake... well, sort of! :rotfl

Badism
That would be awesome if we got a George Romero line of nothing but zombies from all his movies......

They may able to get rights to Dawn, but I hear they guy who owns Day is a very hard man and wants way too much money. Still though, I dream of the day 12 inch Bub is in of my shelf!

Alice Adrenochrome

You know Shai - I completely agree with you. As long as everyone who wants, gets, then is no problem. At the end of the day it's still a 1500 piece and Sideshow get their cash.

I wonder if we'll both be this philosophical next week when we are weeping over our lack of Subject No. 5...:lol
Word! If they have "left overs" from the attendee PPO, why not give it to the non-attendee's who are dying to get one? It's a win-win situation IMO.

Btw, 26 min. past the mark, and still not sold out!

metaldude
05-19-2006, 10:30 AM
Gonna have to hope there still there tommorow cos i only signed to the newsletter at 5 this morning.

Aerosmith
Got me a Dream Warriors Freddy! :chew

lcummins
Wasn't there a post by Shai just a minute ago? Did you delete it Shai? :google

Shai
05-19-2006, 10:33 AM
Wasn't there a post by Shai just a minute ago? Did you delete it Shai? :google

Yeahh..loll Lonnie.....I misread the guy's question...My post wasnt valid or adequate anymore...lolll

lcummins
05-19-2006, 10:34 AM
Yeahh..loll Lonnie.....I misread the guy's question...My post wasnt valid or adequate anymore...lolll

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy! I have to do that from time-to-time you know!!! :monkey5

abstractharmony
05-19-2006, 10:35 AM
Gonna have to hope there still there tommorow cos i only signed to the newsletter at 5 this morning.

Try again at about 8pm (Uk time) or when you get back from the pub. You might be pleasantly surprised.

King Darkness
05-19-2006, 10:35 AM

Dont give up yet...as of noon pst everyone is eligible for pre-order and if he is sold out by then get on the waitlist.....there is still hope man...good luck

pjam
05-19-2006, 10:39 AM
The N/A Freddy has now passed the Attendee Freddy on the pre-order chart.

Dusty
05-19-2006, 10:40 AM
Yeah this was very different...why didn't we get the PPO page that pops up and directs straight to the order????I took me more time to figure out what was going than it did to actually order it..

There was a flash email sent out about this PPO (sent on Wednesday, also in your online Newsletter account), specifying that the site would not be streamlined this time and that there would be a large Freddy banner on the front page... sorry for any confusion - glad you got your figure! :duff

Buffanatic
05-19-2006, 10:41 AM
Got my Freddy after messing around a while.....but I got him!:D

King Darkness
05-19-2006, 10:43 AM
There was a flash email sent out about this PPO (sent on Wednesday, also in your online Newsletter account), specifying that the site would not be streamlined this time and that there would be a large Freddy banner on the front page :duff

Hmmm..I must have missed that....thanks Dusty..sorry I dont like to read and it has gatten me in trouble in the past, but I have Freddy and right now thats all that matters....mwhhaaaa.......

P.S.
I got my Bond gift pack and I love it thanks Dusty!!!

pjam
05-19-2006, 10:46 AM
There was a flash email sent out about this PPO (sent on Wednesday, also in your online Newsletter account), specifying that the site would not be streamlined this time and that there would be a large Freddy banner on the front page... sorry for any confusion - glad you got your figure! :duff

Yes, but the N/A PPO link did not direct me to the item order page, that's the problem I was having and had to find a side door. But I got one anyway so all is cool in the gang!

DarkArtist81
05-19-2006, 11:02 AM
Very Very smooth ordering for this figure.... It took me about 3 minutes to have it ordered and get my T-number.... Sweet deal!

YAY! Now I will have another sweet Freddy to even out the horror collection!! :D

greenie
05-19-2006, 11:11 AM
First time having to call in an order to sideshow & i was amazed at how fast & smooth it went. I hope it will be this easy next week for the subject 5 security guard.

Dusty
05-19-2006, 11:58 AM
The PPO is about to end and I believe there are still a few left, so if you aren't qualified for PPO (metaldude) you can still get one online, or you can call in to order! :duff

Darth Kustomizer
05-19-2006, 12:50 PM
Placed my order for the figure. No problem at all.

grant666uk
05-19-2006, 12:58 PM
Still some left three hours later. Dont know why I was getting my self all worked up over getting one. LOL

Shai
05-19-2006, 01:04 PM
3 HOURS LATER AND FREDDY ISNT SOLD OUT YET...I HAD PREDICTED THIS ( SEE POST # 88 OF THIS THREAD..LOLL).This gives me great hope for the Subject 5 Dead figure next week.Once again it will be a smooth experience to get this one...Much of the people who will buy this figure are on this board.Much of the buzz about this figure is due a lot with Sideshow's funny marketing of him and DNAgent posts here... Everyone that want one next Friday should be able to get one.So , I think Sideshow has pretty much nailed the right Edition size for these 2 figures..Bravo!!!

abstractharmony
05-19-2006, 01:21 PM
When you're right, you're right my man!

I actually think that Subject No. 5 should have been a 750 edition and then next year 1000. Natural growth and all that.

I'm saying this now - wait until next week when we're all scrabbling for one.

DarkArtist81
05-19-2006, 02:47 PM
3 HOURS LATER AND FREDDY ISNT SOLD OUT YET...I HAD PREDICTED THIS ( SEE POST # 88 OF THIS THREAD..LOLL).This gives me great hope for the Subject 5 Dead figure next week.Once again it will be a smooth experience to get this one...Much of the people who will buy this figure are on this board.Much of the buzz about this figure is due a lot with Sideshow's funny marketing of him and DNAgent posts here... Everyone that want one next Friday should be able to get one.So , I think Sideshow has pretty much nailed the right Edition size for these 2 figures..Bravo!!!

I agree.....It does bode well for fellow "dead" fans.... I took this pre-order today as a practice run of sorts, for what things will be like for Subject 5... I am not worried. Looks like everyone who wants one will get one for sure. :D

Kabukiman
05-19-2006, 03:52 PM
I totally forgot about preording today :google

Thankfully, there's plenty go 'round :chew

TOE
05-19-2006, 04:52 PM
Still some left three hours later. Dont know why I was getting my self all worked up over getting one. LOL

SS is an unpredictable place :google Some figures sell out within minutes, some sell out within days. :chew

wookilar8
05-19-2006, 06:55 PM
SS is an unpredictable place :google Some figures sell out within minutes, some sell out within days. :chew

It seems that the only figures that sell out in minutes are from a galaxy far far away.:chew

Customikey
05-19-2006, 07:39 PM
Freddy be mine. Yea!!! I'm told by Mike in CS that we'll be charged around July 24th for these. That's my wife's birthday. Ironic, seeing as how she was dead set against me getting the first one.

Shai, good luck on the FVJ Ex. Freddy. I was going to bid, but I saw you were the high bidder.

stickman
05-19-2006, 07:46 PM
I got mine! Outside the the awesome freddy, I love the props. Thanks SSC! :D

Bonehead15
05-19-2006, 08:09 PM
I can't believe that Freddy is still available.

Kabukiman
05-19-2006, 08:17 PM
Neither can I, this is THE Freddy to get.

creecher
05-19-2006, 09:52 PM
Am I missing something? It is 9-50 PST and I thought Freddy wasn't for sale till 10 PST.

Murderofcrows71
05-20-2006, 12:49 AM
got mine in the first five minutes. I agree this is the Freddy to have. First all the accesories that should've came with the first figure but also the Kevin Yeager version of the makeup, definately the most famous version.

PsychoCenobite
05-20-2006, 01:24 AM
I've got one on orde but is there anyway to get a second? Do I have to just try and get one on eBay?

PC :monkey1

Shai
05-20-2006, 05:41 AM
Shai, good luck on the FVJ Ex. Freddy. I was going to bid, but I saw you were the high bidder.

Hey Mick thats pretty classy, thanks, but Bid on my friend....I'm letting it go.....Made a deal with Bonehead hes selling his to me...Also there is 2 Freddy FVJ EX. right now on ebay.... check it out...

1st one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6059256213&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Another here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6059266263&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

King Darkness
05-20-2006, 12:07 PM
Over 24 hours later and still not sold out.....I know Freddy isnt as popular as Jason, but damn.....for as cool as this figures is and all the kick ass accs. I though for sure it would be sold out by now....

TheObsoleteMan
05-20-2006, 03:01 PM
I can't believe the NA Freddy is still available. I guess everyone just has Star Wars on the brain these days.

Kabukiman
05-20-2006, 06:55 PM
Mark my words, a year or so from now, there will be people on this board and others whining about high ebay prices and how they wish they ordered it but kept putting it off for one reason or another.

Customikey
05-20-2006, 08:24 PM
I think it's time for some hi-res pics, don't you?

Pretty please?

Kabukiman
05-21-2006, 01:04 PM
Low quantity alert is *finally* up for the non-attendee version.

pjam
05-22-2006, 09:39 AM
BREAKING NEWS FROM THE FREDDY HOOD

Hey all, I live here in Hollywood a block from Hollywood Boulevard and regulary see these street entertainers but this takes the cake.

A Freddy Krueger Impersonator has ben arrested for stabbing another man with his real metal fingernails. Here is a blurb and video from our local cbs2 News

http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_141023454.html

King Darkness
05-22-2006, 11:02 AM
Only in Hollywood:lol.....

Shai
05-23-2006, 03:19 AM
Only 60 left......

abstractharmony
05-23-2006, 05:33 AM
I just got an e-mail from Forbidden Planet to say that they will be stocking the SDCC Freddy for 27.99. Needless to say, with that being cheaper than SSC (once shipping and VAT is taken into account) I've cancelled my order with Sideshow.

They are also getting Sith Anakin too. He's 36.99! - Again order cancelled so someone's gonna be happy!

I hate doing this but with so much good stuff coming out from Sideshow at the moment it's hard not to go for the best deal!

hairlesswookiee
05-23-2006, 06:30 AM
i dont blame you. im still trying to do the calculations myself. i might have to cancel freddy. ive got so much stuff coming at one time i need to keep my priorities straight. (i hate to say it, but if i keep my order for freddy i might try to flip him to help pay for some other stuff i have on order.)

PsychoCenobite
05-23-2006, 06:50 AM
One problem with Forbidden Planet is sometimes they cancel your order just before it's meant to ship. Due to not getting enough stock.

I've Anakin on order with both Sideshow and FP and might cancel Sideshows if FP tell me mines is 100% posted!

PsychoCenonite :monkey5

PS. I would like two Freddys though. So I might order with FP as well.

pjam
05-23-2006, 10:18 AM
50 left...

Seaward
05-23-2006, 02:27 PM
This is taking a lot longer than I thought it would.:google

Given how great the sculpt is and and the accessories, I was so excited to order this one. I am surprised how lukewarm the reception is, but things that aren't labelled Star Wars seem to be a little slower, and some of the SW excitement is having people choosing one line over another.

I just hope this reception doesn't delay production on the black and white SUPER-FREDDY from nightmare on elm street 5:lol

pjam
05-23-2006, 02:45 PM
This is taking a lot longer than I thought it would.:google

Given how great the sculpt is and and the accessories, I was so excited to order this one. I am surprised how lukewarm the reception is, but things that aren't labelled Star Wars seem to be a little slower, and some of the SW excitement is having people choosing one line over another.

I just hope this reception doesn't delay production on the black and white SUPER-FREDDY from nightmare on elm street 5:lol

I think it's taking a few days longer b/c SSC is selling a sh*$tload to non-attendees, certainly more than they are selling to attendees as the pre-order chart indicates. Still, this is THE Freddy to collect and it'll be gone within a week from pre-order and that's pretty damn good for an ES of 1500.

JonZ
05-24-2006, 04:14 AM
Agreed. This is the best sculpt we have seen for Freddy (IMO) and with this being a SDCC Exclusive, it will only be that more sought after by collectors. I'm glad I picked one up. I needed a Freddy to go with all of my Jasons:D

Zoomaround
05-24-2006, 07:05 AM
I'm new to the game of collecting 12" figures. I only own three figures so far, i.e., 2005 Comic Con Hellboy & Final Battle Kroenen and Van Helsing, but this figure I just couldn't resist. It's pretty cool! I'm sure I'll find a spot for him along side all the other SW & LOTR figures I have on pre-order.

pjam
05-24-2006, 07:38 PM
Only 30 left...

Shai
05-26-2006, 10:19 AM
15 Freddy left now !!!!!

Cosmo_Kramer
05-26-2006, 06:57 PM
10 left!!!!

Cosmo_Kramer
05-28-2006, 10:26 AM
FINALLY SOLD OUT OF THE NON ATTENDEE

Kabukiman
05-28-2006, 10:30 AM
It's about @#$@ time! Especially for the, imo, best Sideshow offering @ SDCC.

EVILFACE
05-28-2006, 10:44 AM
Yea, surprised it took this long, he is a very sweet looking figure and the best freddy figure ever.

pjam
05-28-2006, 10:53 AM
Yea, surprised it took this long, he is a very sweet looking figure and the best freddy figure ever.

I'm wichoo, THE Freddy to collect.

DarkArtist81
05-28-2006, 12:25 PM
I'm wichoo, THE Freddy to collect.

yeah, WAY better than the older ones IMO... I cannot wait to have him on my shelf. Looks phenomenal.

King Darkness
05-28-2006, 12:45 PM
Thisi will most likely be my favotite 12" next to Jason 3.....I am a little surprised the lack of fan reaction to Freddy.....I just hope that SS doesnt take this like the last breath in the Freddy line....It still has not sold out and for the first Freddy in a long time and a SDCC exc. I really though this would do much better...Please dont take this the wrong way SS, there are still a few Freddy fans out there.......As long as it sell out I hope SS see that there is still life if Freddy and the whole New Line Horror line...

EVILFACE
06-08-2010, 02:07 AM
Figured I would bump this.

4 years later and is still the best Freddy figure.

thenammagazine
06-08-2010, 08:24 AM
Figured I would bump this.

4 years later and is still the best Freddy figure.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

EdwardNashton1
06-08-2010, 08:57 AM
I think this figure is really cool, but I for some reason like the headsculpt on the first freddy figure better. Was this a SCC exclusive? bummer if so, it's really nice looking.

Morbach
06-08-2010, 09:46 AM
True that. When I picked mine up last year for $15 bucks still in the box I about ____ my pants.

EdwardNashton1
06-08-2010, 09:56 AM
True that. When I picked mine up last year for $15 bucks still in the box I about ____ my pants.

How did you manage that? Lucky ebay auction?! :thud:

Morbach
06-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Nah, some guy on here was having a clearance sale in the 'want to buy' section. Never hurts to keep your eyes open for a rare deal ;)

thenammagazine
06-08-2010, 10:02 AM

Awesome score!!! And money enough for new chonies too! :lol

Morbach
06-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Awesome score!!! And money enough for new chonies too! :lol

:lol :lol :lol Here's a few pics

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm29/morbach369/Mobile%20Uploads/1005091355.jpg
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm29/morbach369/Mobile%20Uploads/1005091357.jpg
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm29/morbach369/Mobile%20Uploads/1005091354.jpg
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm29/morbach369/Mobile%20Uploads/1005091325.jpg
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm29/morbach369/Mobile%20Uploads/1005091400.jpg
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm29/morbach369/Mobile%20Uploads/1005091357a.jpg

thenammagazine
06-08-2010, 10:09 AM
Yeah, I almost bit at SilentSurfer's kickass custom but just couldn't bear the thought of hacking him up.

Morbach
06-08-2010, 10:10 AM
That's exactly how I am :lol Although I think I may have him do the glove with real blades. Other than that I'm leaving him.

Reefer Shark
06-08-2010, 06:39 PM
I bought an extra just for the silent surfer custom, and man am I glad I did!

I actually had scored my first back at SDCC '06. SSC did a bang up job on this one..