Please be a joke!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For my part, I've got nothing against Cruise playing Tony Stark...He may even give some depth to the character.

I think Cruise would be a pretty good Stark. Johnny Depp would be even better, but I'd rather see him playing Doctor Strange.

Shaihulud said:
For my part, I've got nothing against Cruise playing Tony Stark...He may even give some depth to the character.

I agree Shai....I think Cruise could do it just fine....Grow the Collateral beard back with black hair and you have Stark..

Deadly Dagger said:
Cruise is a little short :lol

Hope the suit has high heels :lol

:monkey1

that was one of my concerns, even though he only needs to be 6'1"...what is he, 5'9". as far as an actor i think he'll act the character well but i don't want to think about iron man and think tom cruise.

If you're wearing a superpowered suit of armor do you really need to be 6'2"? If you've got a 5'7" Superman or Batman I could see the problem, but with Iron Man it's not a big deal in my opinion.

One good thing that could come out of Cruise being cast as Ironman is that it my inspire a better script...Love or hate Cruise he has been in some good movies and if he argreed to be in Ironman it could only mean good things for the script...plus it would probably have a pretty large buget, as Cruise has stoped takeing paychecks and has been signing on to get a (large)portion of the final take of the movie..I read that he made over $100 for War of the Worlds..

He can play different types of characters although he doesn't do it that often.

I have a hard time seeing him as an alcholic with a heart problem, but NO problem seeing him as an ego-centric billionaire - so he's got that going for him...

I think Pierce Brosnan should play Tony Stark. :chew My second choice would be Ewan McGregor :monkey1

I kinda agree with student_toe5. Some one mid age, got some flair, gentlemen's quality...kind of like Pierce. But a billionaire looking...hhmmm...cant be Trump...Maybe Roman:lol

The height isn't really a problem since a lot of the actors is pretty small. If they mostly use Cruise-sized people in the movie, they could get a "normal" sized one to play the big bad mofo

:lol

Awesome choice! And I agree, having him attached can only bring the project to higher levels quality wise.

I don't think Cruise would be a bad choice, but they've never gone after the huge 'star power' people in any superhero flick yet. That alone would be odd.

First sign that this is all BS? Think a studio would pay Cruise $20+ ($30? $40? $70+?) to play a character that is completely masked and armored? :lol

gabberjawa said:
I don't think Cruise would be a bad choice, but they've never gone after the huge 'star power' people in any superhero flick yet. That alone would be odd.

First sign that this is all BS? Think a studio would pay Cruise $20+ ($30? $40? $70+?) to play a character that is completely masked and armored? :lol

Awesome point! But who knows how big Marvel thinks their balls are??

I think Cruise would be pretty slick as Stark. He did play a bit of a dead beat techo cop in Minority Report, so I think the Stark role would fit. The height is not an issue. Heck, we have a 6'+ Logan/Wolvie! AND, Wesley Snipes isnt that tall, maybe 5'8" and Blade is suppose to be tall. So like someone already intimated, they will cast around him to make him look tall or make the average hgt seem like it's over his "real" hgt.

Back