Can we expect another 1/6 vader anytime soon?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wake

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was hoping to add a 1/6 Darth Vader to my 1/6 collection without getting my @$$ handed to me on ebay. Any word if theres another coming soon?

There will be another one (or two) but probably not real soon. And I had no idea he was going for that much on ebay... yikes.

From "Ask Sideshow" Jan 13th 2011

Q.
Hi, I’m new to the world of the world of the 12″ action figures. My favorite character from the Star Wars Universe is Darth Vader. I thought it would be a great way to start my collection, but I soon found that there are no Vader figures in stock. I went on to search for one on other sites but the prices were up to a 300% mark up from the MSRP. Are there any plans for a new Vader 12″ action figure in the near future? I would hate to drop $300 on one and then see you guys release one for the standard price. Please help!

A.
Yah, we’re getting warmed up to crank away on the next Darth Vader figure. Thanks for giving us the kick in the butt to get it in gear.

Also, an FYI from Jul 5th 2010

Q.
With the Anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back, will you be making a Darth Vader Episode V 12-inch Figure soon? Maybe also for EP VI?

A.
We do have plans for a new Darth Vader 12-inch figure, most likely an ROTJ version. Nothing is 100% concrete yet, but we’ll keep you in the loop.

That Q&A was dated Jan 13th this year!!!

Good, good! - Palpy

Something to look forward to!

In this case, I hope they will re-release or update the stormies too coz I missed every single piece!

I have been keeping track of eBay completed listings for the sideshow Vader 1/6 for the last couple months because I was on the lookout for one. December prices were going for up to $300, now I have been seeing them go for $200-$250. I decided to get the Vader PF instead.

Oh hey you're the War Machine guy, I remember you! :wave

That Q&A was dated Jan 13th this year!!!

Good, good! - Palpy

Something to look forward to!

In this case, I hope they will re-release or update the stormies too coz I missed every single piece!

They won't re-release him. Write that down. :lecture

Im waiting for a HT Vader :monkey3

SSC's Vader is just as good as any HT figure I own. And better in some cases, I would just wait for the inevitable ROTJ or ESB versions. Pass on the Vader jr. ROTS version. Or pay up for the awesome SW version. :dunno

Interesting to see a relatively recent Sideshow Star Wars figure price go UP.

Must be because its -- VADER!

Yeah, with the DX Joker I think these are the only two 1/6 figures I have ever bought that went up in value. :)

Back