So, MAUL bust a disapointement ?????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shai

Super Freak
Reaction score
Was reading some post of the people who received this Bust at SF..It seems the paint job on the eyes is a very big disapointment...I was wandering what people here think of this...Will we be more tolerant of the paint job because were the '' freaks'' ??? Just curious...

what is SF, and what did they not like about the eyes. can you post pics?

Arn't the eyes supposed to look exactly like the photos on SSC's website? I thought they updated those photos of the Maul bust from Prototype to Production pics. If so, why would they not look exactly like the pics?

HERES SOME PICS FROM SF (STATUEFORUM.COM)

MOVIE MAUL

3aae240a.jpg

SIDESHOW MAUL

MAUL.jpg

I saw some pics of someone who got this in the Phillipines and it looked great. Won't know for sure until I get mine next week.

Looks like it is drawn out by the flash to me. Why would they make an assumption on such a small pic with a flash right smack in the middle of his forehead? get a macro shot?

I change the pic, IVE PUT A BIGGER ONE..check it out

Mine will be here tomorrow and I will take some pics.

That said, the eyes do look like they lack a lot of detail.

Last edited:
They didn't put the blood shot effect on gthe outside edges. Not sure that would be an issue if I was getting it the rest of the detail looks amazing and the eyes on this haven't changed since we saw it at SDCC. Not sure what the shock is to some folks.

Going by those pictures, then I'd be gutted with this bust! :monkey2

Those eyes really lack a hell of a lot of detail. I'm sure I've seen better yes - human ones. They don't have that 'wet' look that eyes have.

For the price, I'd want them to better... but I'm a fussy :monkey3

PsychoCenobite :monkey1

I had no idea that he even had blood shot eyes in the movie so I doubt it'll bother me at all. Glass eyes are an idea though.

That was my first thought on seeing the SS piece. At $600 it's a very nice piece, but I think glass eyes painted right would have been spot on. The current SS eyes in that pic look lifeless compared to the movie pic. I understand it's a bust and not Ray Park, but I think the eyes could have had more detail.

That said, it's still a piece I'd LOVE to have.

I have scrimped and saved like a ***** to get this bust :monkey4 The Fedex shipping estimate is 6pm on the 12th. Having read all these posts im now waiting nervously (hoping it looks as good as the prototypes)
Fingers crossed.:redblob

SideshowDusty said:
Just so you realize, the Maul photos that are on the product page on the Sideshow site:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=2909

were taken from the production sample, not the prototype. The eyes in those photos look to be the same as the eyes posted at the top of this thread - just without the glaring flash pointed right at them :duff[/QUOTE

But the pics posted above from Toy Fair do have the blood shot in them. Why would it have been left out of the production pieces?

tell you what... since everyone is disappointed i will be happy to take one off of someone's hands. j/k. i can see why people might be upset, but i think it still looks great. i wish i had the money to pick one up. :monkey2

Back