Well, here is to hope that my collection survives!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KitFisto

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well,

Looks like I might bet kicking my fiance out in the new few weeks ( too many anger management issues and her kid is a brat beyond belief ). She has a bit of a bad temper and has broken things before ( remotes and such ). None of this stuff surfaced before she moved in. I pray I don't come home and find my Starw Wars, LOTR and other stuff all smashed as she knows what it all means to me.

If anything gets destroyed I will be sure to post pics of the carnage. I am going to try to be home when and if it comes to her leaving so I can make sure nothing gets trashed.

Might be a good idea to stash some of your items away before it comes to any arguments. Also you could always take photos of you collection so that if there is destruction you at least have a visual record of what was destroyed before-hand... good luck.

Get it insured!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have Allstate and they actually have some sort of policy for collectibles and it covers breakage as well. You may want to look into it.

And I feel your pain dude. Women are never easy to deal with. If you're in the area soon we'll go get some beers together.

Good luck!

If I were you, I'd box it all up and move it to a friends house for a coupla days before you do the deed.

Saves any after the fact problems!

GET HER OUT AND GET HER OUT NOW!!!!!!

If she has anger issues that cause her to brake or damage things this is not the kind a marrige you want to enter into, believe me....Thats to bad to hear though, I hope everything works out ok for you Kit...best wishes:eek:..

Wow--I hope you can work things out. If not, change the locks and then do the break up elsewhere if you are concerned about damage! :monkey2

tomandshell said:
Wow--I hope you can work things out. If not, change the locks and then do the break up elsewhere if you are concerned about damage! :monkey2
Yes, like Tom said, do the breakup in a public place...theres less chance for violence and if there is at least you have witnesses....

I had thought of moving it, but that would take days to pack it all up including digging boxes out of storage.

The insurance thing would be something to look at though.

I think my best bet might just to make sure I am home when/if I ask her to leave. That way if she trys to start anything at all, I will just call the cops on her and have her removed.

Why are women so damn psycho? Not all mind you, but many.

tomandshell said:

She lives with me so has to come home and pack her stuff up and find a place to move. Just hope she does not go all :emperor on me.

Or............ you can let her "catch" you trying on some of her clothes...if that doesn't get rid of her you have a bigger problem on your hands:D

A) get your most prized pieces out of harms way
B) sneak her key to the place away from her w/o her know just before the bomb drops.
C) Swallow your pride and act like your SOOO sorry for having to break it off and be as nice as possible, but as stern as possible at the same time. let her know its not a choice though and that it has to end.

I'd also take some pics of the place in case she throws a fit or anything else.

Its tough to suck up for the break up, but its so much easier in the long run to delay all the drama and trash talkin til all ties are completely severed. Mainly after she doesnt have a key to your place anymore.

Good Luck!

Seems to me that any sneaky attempt to avoid an emotional reaction on her part will just short-circuit the breakup process and lead to an even greater (and potentially more volatile) emotional response in the long run. :monkey4 The "easy way out" will only cause more trouble than just sitting down and talking your way through it.

Although I still say you just ask her to take pictures of you indulging your twin loves of necrophilia and bestiality at the same time. :sick And if that doesn't drive her away, just tell her you're a Republican. That will lower your approval ratings in a heartbeat... :D

tomandshell said:
The "easy way out" will only cause more trouble than just sitting down and talking your way through it.
thats the problem. The "throwers" Ive known lack rationality and the ability to talk through anything without overreacting and then ---- dun DUN!!--- throwing your honey :lol
Seriously. People who react by breaking stuff are usually not capapble of hearing the truth about themselves with an open mind. They react with aggression and denial.
Hopefully Im wrong though

She can't hear anything through her anger. She can't communicate her feelings through her anger filling emotions. That's why she throws stuff. The more TRUTH I giver her the madder she gets. The more she hears about her issues the madder she gets. If I had ever seen this side I would have NEVER had her move in with me.

Oh, and she already know I am a republican, just not a fan of W. :monkey3

If I were you I would do 2 things:

1 - Change the locks on your house the day you tell her.
2 - Also pack all her stuff up before she comes home and leave it all outside so she doesn't need to come in the house.
3 - Call cops before you do it, just to give them the heads up :lol

She's not common law is she? If she is you might as well let here break the statues that will be her's after the lawyers are done :D

Or you could just give her one of these :emperor

Good Luck!

Nope, NOT common law! She's only lived with me for 9 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back