Premium Format Disney from MR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
Looks like Master Replicas is following Sideshow's lead--1/4 scale mixed media Disney statues:

Master Replicas is proud to unveil an exciting new product type as part of our Disney collection of products – Disney Character Statuettes! With these large-scale (over 18 inches tall!) statuettes, Disney aficionados and collectors can enjoy the magic and fun of their favorite Disney characters on a larger-than-ever scale. Each Disney Character Statuette will be made from a variety of hard and soft materials (for added depth and aesthetic appeal), and will be featured on a character-specific prop base!

First DC and now MR/Disney. This can only mean good things for the PF format. I need a bigger house (I need a house - period).

But I guess it will really make a difference when we see which characters. Rocketeer? Captain Jack? I'm SO there. Won't have to get the CM Jack. But if it's Disney Princesses or something - not so much.

Darklord Dave said:
First DC and now MR/Disney. This can only mean good things for the PF format. I need a bigger house (I need a house - period).

But I guess it will really make a difference when we see which characters. Rocketeer? Captain Jack? I'm SO there. Won't have to get the CM Jack. But if it's Disney Princesses or something - not so much.

You mean you don't want the princesses? But Dave, whyever not?? Belle and Ariel and Snow White and Cinderella - they would look so sweet on your shelves :rotfl

Mickey, Donald, Pooh, Tink to start out...

header.gif
SC_LOGO.gif
Master Replicas is proud to unveil an exciting new product type as part of our Disney collection of products – Disney Character Statuettes! With these large-scale (over 18 inches tall!) statuettes, Disney aficionados and collectors can enjoy the magic and fun of their favorite Disney characters on a larger-than-ever scale. Each Disney Character Statuette will be made from a variety of hard and soft materials (for added depth and aesthetic appeal), and will be featured on a character-specific prop base!

These highly-detailed sculptures will feature four classic Disney favorites:
Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Winnie the Pooh, and Tinker Bell!
Collectors Society On Sale:
May 2, 2006

(9:00 am Pacific Time)
General Public On Sale Date:
May 4, 2006

(9:00 am Pacific Time)
Expected to Begin Shipping: Fall 2006

MICKEY_TTL.gif
Walt Disney once described Mickey as “simply a little personality assigned to the purposes of laughter.” Since 1928, Mickey has become a universal symbol of optimism, and now he’s ready to bring a smile to your life as a Mickey Mouse Character Statuette that replicates his personality in larger-than-life detail from Master Replicas.

Limited Edition size of 3000.

DONALD_TTL.gif

Donald Duck made his screen debut in the 1934 Silly Symphony The Wise Little Hen, and a star was born. “Fowl-tempered” Donald’s raspy voice and rascally nature have made him a favorite around the world. As Walt Disney observed, “Donald is a very outrageous fellow, with bad manners and a worse temper, and everyone is fond of him, including myself.” Invite him home as a Character Statuette replicating his personality in larger-than-life detail from Master Replicas.
Order today—they’re limited to only 3000!

POOH_TTL.gif
Diane Disney introduced her father, Walt Disney, to A.A. Milne’s whimsical tales of Winnie the Pooh. Walt obtained the film rights in the early 1960s, and the first featurette, Winnie the Pooh and the Hunny Tree premiered in 1966. Since that time he has starred in 7 films and over 30 videos. As a Winnie the Pooh Character Statuette from Master Replicas, Pooh’s personality is replicated in every detail, making him a sweet reminder of the wonder of friendship for all ages.
Only 3000 units available!

TINKER_TTL.gif

Since her debut in Peter Pan (1953), Tinker Bell has been a symbol of Disney magic. In James M. Barrie’s original stage play, Tinker Bell was merely a spot of light, but master Disney animator Marc Davis drew her as a curvaceous little lady with a big attitude. As a Character Statuette from Master Replicas, Tink reminds us that anyone can soar with a little faith, trust and pixie dust.
Limited to 3000.

I would be so tempted by a Darkwing Duck or a Scrooge..... but no other ones, really.

I saw those, but they aren't mixed media - they are called "Disney Character Statuettes" though. That description is way confusing. And these are over 18" tall? That's insane!

Well at least my wallet called off the strike. Although I do like the vintage style Mickey, it just doesn't put me in the mood to spend 200 bucks.

It's going to take me a while to get to shooting some photos, but I realize there's something from my collection I should share with my fellow freaks. Disney actually produced mixed media figures just over twenty years ago. They were sold exclusively through the Disneyana store on Main Street in the parks. In those pre-internet days, that meant only a visitor to the park would be likely to even know about them.

They did regular Mickey (which I have and will photograph), Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey, Jiminy, and I think the Witch from Snow White. My Mickey is about ten inches tall, and comes mounted in a 10"x12"x12" acrylic display case with a decorative base. The certificate of authenticity calls it a "three-dimensional figurine," though the store employees called it a "doll-sculpture." These figures were very reminiscent of the statues in the store windows on Main Street USA, but slightly smaller and more elaborately constructed. Mickey is a mix of flocked and lacquered surfaces - his red shorts aren't cloth, they're flocked, and the buttons are lacquered. The eyes have two layers to them - a painted layer topped with a clear plastic layer, inserted from inside. They seem very "three-dimensional."

I only own one because all my college pals chipped in to buy me one as a wedding present. The original cost was $1400. I think the smaller Jiminy was about $800. I think they were produced in very small numbers, and at those prices (in 1984!) and no big advertising push probably very few were sold. I've never seen a reference to one anywhere -- and I've looked at Disney collector sources, because I've wondered about its current value.

I have a real hectic week ahead, and I'm going to want pictures that do this guy justice. Maybe someone will recognize it and tell me how to get it appraised. Sorry to be a tease, but since the discussion of possible PF Disney is going on right now, I thought I'd mention it.

Those sound pretty awesome Gruff, sounds like a really nice piece there. Jiminy would be nice to have. I've always loved him...plus I could use a conscience. :p

Funny you should mention it. Jiminy is my favorite too, but this particular figure didn't appeal to me at the time because he was flesh-colored, not green.

Medicom has released some truly handsome vinyl Disney figures that sell here for about $40 to $50. They made a Jiminy wearing his "Conscience" badge that was only available as a lottery prize, and never sold in stores.

I've got that too... pics to come in a week or two.

In the big Disney Store in Downtown Disney, they sell very large PFs, but I don't know who makes them.

I care for the Villains of course, so I only noticed Cruella, Snow White's Queen and and the one I wanted: Maleficent - purple velvet and all.

They are gorgeous and not too expensive, but I'm still out of shelf room. Aragorn/Brego is gonna take my last spot!

PS- Hey Old Bear - I'm in Van Nuys.
5.gif

I prefer green Jiminy too. How big is the Medicom Jiminy? As for the PF's in the Disney Store, I wonder if they're what's called Big Figs? I'm looking at getting one, but it looks solid statue, it'd be wonderful if it's not though.

Disney has been making quality line of statues called Big Figs for a long time. There are not mixed media... just solild statues made out of resin, I believe. And the sculpts are usually quite impressive... but the paint application can be a bit dicey. I have the King Louie and Mr. Toad Big Figs.

I wonder why MR thinks this line is necessary.

Last edited:
Shoutout to GrueSam: Hey, Van Nuys! Home base of sculptor THOMAS J. KUNTZ!

Okay guys, I've opened a Photobucket account; let's see what it can do. I've taken a few rotten digital photos of my Mickey figure, the vinyl Medicom Jiminy, and my Ikea Billy display. Mickey's eyes are hard to capture - like I said there are two distinct layers. But his "flocked" look shows up pretty well:

Gruff's Photobucket Albums (Two)

Here's a sample of what's there:
Mick_NoFlash.jpg

Last edited:
That's a pretty awesome looking Mickey, Gruff. I'm hoping I manage to get my Jedi Mickey Bigfig from Star Wars weekends. They're going on sale Friday and Saturday, and calling people with the leftovers the following week so here's to hoping because the more I see the ones from MR the less I like them, with the exception of Donald.

Back