What are the odds of Tron: Legacy PFs?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
Sideshow hasn't really seemed to be on this wagon except their lightcycle but thinking about, it seems almost right up Sideshow's alley with the lights, materials, etc. I would imagine that Sam and Quorra would be the most obvious (although I'd want CLU) but can you imagine something like this:

OliviaWildeQuorra.jpg

with functional lights done in 1/4 formatting? I think it'd be one of those pieces that people would nab regardless of the love for the film because it'd be a dynamic piece...

Now Sideshow has in the past been behind the curve, their Iron Man 1 stuff was still soliciting even after it has been on DVD and we are seeing that with their IM2 stuff and other licenses but as we pull further and further away from this, what are the odds of PFs actually happening?

Taking Worthigton as Perseus or Fraser as Rick O'connell as examples, I'm Not sure Sideshow could portray Quorra's likeness is 3D form. I highly doubt it.

Sideshow will wait at least a year or more before they release anything.

See Avatar, Clash of the Titians, Transformers.

Sideshow has no idea how to "strike while the iron is hot".

Well, we already know they're doing some kind of statue of Rinzler, and then a 1:4 scale lightcycle, but we don't know how far along those are.

I'm still waiting for the rest of the Hot Toys line.

aren't premium format figures supposed to have like a cloth integration with them? I don't collect so I'm not too sure, but judging from what I've seen, most have cloth with them somehow, and I see Quorra as just being a polystone piece with lights.

it's like how I'm disappointed with the Cyclops PF as that would've been my first PF if only they would've given him a cloth suit like they did Wolverine and Captain America and Sabertooth.

I wouldn't buy the PF's unless they look really good and seeing how Perseus and O'Connell came out, I'm not too sure SS could do these guys justice

I'm just hoping fro HT to come through

Eh...I think depending on whether another sequel happens will come into play.

aren't premium format figures supposed to have like a cloth integration with them? I don't collect so I'm not too sure, but judging from what I've seen, most have cloth with them somehow, and I see Quorra as just being a polystone piece with lights.

Premium Formats are defined as mixed media pieces yet for Disney the umbrella is broad especially considering that Chernabog is a PF and yet the mixed media is polystone and lights. Now the undersuits of the Tron Legacy characters was milliskin with the hexagon printed over it and then covered with the "armor" pieces then integrated with the EL lights/tapes to create the glow effect, of course including the power sources to create the glow and keep it illuminated via the EL tape.

mUP+X+%25284%2529.jpg

From this image you can see the various parts laid over Olivia Wilde (since she is the example you used) that'd be replicated via her Premium Format. It'd not only hit the cloth piece but also the mixed media without much issue. Theoretically you'd have any of the characters with the milliskin overlay and then more polystone to create the final effect much like Captain America piece and a piece that'd be fantastic to have on display.

yea I mean i know the actual movie suits had the fabric milkskin and what not, but what I mean was like I see SS just going total polystone on these and then just the lights. I mean for me, I like the cloth mixed with the polystone and the whole sha-bang ya know? I mean cyclops all we got was his jacket. so what I fear is that SS will just go with full polystone and lights. rather than the milkskin plus polystone and lights.

I maybe interested although the bike is the one I'm after. But if they make one based on the first image it would be cool to pose next to the bike.

Back