Star Wars Medicom - Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodandresdx

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hello everybody here!

Well this is a kind of noob question, but i wich to know if Star Wars 1/6 scale figures from Medicom and Sideshow are the same?, just different distributions? or they are different manufacturer? wich one are the best?

Cheers!

Medicom and Sideshow are two separate companies producing two separate products for, two separate markets. Medicom figures are smaller and are more cartoony and stylized in general. There is more diversity in Sideshow figures, since Sideshow's abilities have changed greatly from the inception of the line to now, while Medicom's products have remained pretty similar from year to year.

As for which are best, that depends on what your criteria are, your personal preferences, and the specific figure you are referring to.

Hola y bienvenido por estos lados!

Sideshow and Medicom are two different companies. the former based in the U.S., the latter in Japan.
Overall, I'd say Sideshow are the better option, save for a few details, Sideshow figures are better quality, better scaled and obviously a lot cheaper.

I have figures from both companies, and although I do enjoy the few Medicom figures I have, it's no contest nowadays. Sideshow all the way.

Hola hermano y bienvenido , el cuentito de que los medicom son mas petisos ya no corre , los ultimos en salir tienen el mismo tamaño que los Sideshow , es una cuestion de gustos, quiza en los Medicom no tengas tanto detalle en los rostros , que si la tienes en los SS, pero estos fallan muchas veces en la pintura , el producto que te muestran en una produccion fotografica no es el mismo que sale a la venta ; en mi caso tengo de los dos , pedile a dios que Hot Toys no empiece a sacar 1/6 tambien , ahi si que ellos seran los lideres.

Abrazo y espero disfrutes .

All other considerations like cost, design and quality aside, if you want genuine 1/6 it has to be Sideshow.

It seems to me like with Sideshow Vs. Medicom, all points have been covered.

SS has decent quality with decent pricing, while Medi has "higher" quality, generally much higher prices, and a stylized look.

Medi's are usually shorter than their SS counterparts.

SS joints on some of the newer figs have been said to be floppy, while joints on Medi figs have been said to be fragile (i.e. a shoulder or thigh will break without warning)

Good answers all around... now lets close this sucker before we get another debate thread :lol

:lol Yes, please do!

Well before this thread get closed haha,

Let me say thanks for all the answer, it really solve my questions!! i like medi figure, well i have two of them, and those are my onle 1/6 figures so far, i will this year star collecting only them, i like the fact that you can exchange parts like cloth, accesories on them, is like collecting Legos haha

Cheers!! and thanks a lot!

May I inquire which Medicom figures you own?
And you are in for a treat collecting 1/6 scale, it truly is a golden age right now.

Might I suggest you take your time to browse this forum and others like the OSW where you will find many reviews of figures from many different companies catering to many different ares of interest.

Oh, and get ready to lose a lot of money! :D

Well before this thread get closed haha,

Let me say thanks for all the answer, it really solve my questions!! i like medi figure, well i have two of them, and those are my onle 1/6 figures so far, i will this year star collecting only them, i like the fact that you can exchange parts like cloth, accesories on them, is like collecting Legos haha

Cheers!! and thanks a lot!

I collected Legos for a long time before switching to 1/6 figures. :)

And like abake said, prepare to lose a lot of money! :lol

1/6 collecting takes 1/6 of your money if you're good at it! Well maybe I'm exaggerating...

Anyway, welcome to the world of 1/6 collecting, and welcome to SSF! :welcome1:

Hehehe yeah, 1/6 figures are really expensive, i use to collect just actio figures, but i think i preffer 1 1/6 figure than 10 action figures, hehe so less is more

so far i don't have any Star Wars related 1/6,. i own

Medicom RAH - Cobra The Space Pirate
Medicom RAH - Asuka Langley School Ver.

That's all for 1/6 figure, my other collection is designer vinyl toys and action figures from Max Factory (figmas)

BTW: Does anyone knows if Hot Toys hands work on Medicom RAH? wish to buy some holding gun hands for my Cobra!

Thanks all!

Hola, como anteriormente te han comentado, las figuras que está sacando Medicom son igual de altas que las de Sideshow.

En cuanto a calidad, Medicom gana por goleada a SSC, sobre todo en las figuras con armadura, ya que las articulaciones de Sideshow son muy blandas y es imposible colocar la figura, los brazos se caen y los tobillos no aguantan la figura.

Aquí te muestro unas fotos con figuras de las dos marcas para que puedas comparar...

cb0hinro.jpg

a00hrn8d.jpg

4e8hrn8f.jpg

Not agree at all! Everyone recognizes the quality of Medicom, the only problem is the scale that is not respected. (Compare vader). The biggest difference is the price, Medicom is almost twice as much for a quality not twice. The new side are really on top and finish quality is always by appointment. The other downside of Medicom is the number of reference and the fact that the secondary characters are forgotten. My opinion is that a quality almost equal to one for spending less money for having fun.

Last edited:
Not agree at all! Everyone recognizes the quality of Medicom, the only problem is the scale that is not respected. (Compare vader). The biggest difference is the price, Medicom is almost twice as much for a quality not twice. The new side are really on top and finish quality is always by appointment. The other downside of Medicom is the number of reference and the fact that the secondary characters are forgotten. My opinion is that a quality almost equal to one for spending less money for having fun.

Everyone? I have heard complaints from many people. And personally, I was not impressed with Medicom's quality. I have a lot of breakage and my opinion is that the materials they used were not of the highest quality.

I only have Sideshows (approx. 35 figures) and no Medicom : question of price, of scale (Medis are too small). For that price the quality should be perfect, and it seems that some Boba or Jango had broken parts. So I will go one with Sideshow only.

I do have Medis (all their OT Imperials and the 2 Vaders) and also have all the SS Imperials (excepting Thrawn and Pie Wars Blackhole Stormtrooper). The Medis are a bit small indeed, thus displayed on a separate shelf would do the trick. Still I had the Medi Sandtrooper and SS Praji displayed together for a long time. Medis might be fragile (though personally never had any problems), they come with fewer accessories and they are more expensive.

Both my SS Stormies and 2 of the Sandtrooper have floppy bodies, without the stands they would go to sleep in a second. SS Vader is Eiffel Tower high, and the helmet needs modding (especially lowering a bit). Medi Vaders come with removable helmets (excellent Shaw and Hayden sculpts), but they are a bit short compared to their troopers - still the difference in scale is not as big as SS Vader and his troops. SS Stormtroopers have their helmets look odd, and need the chest plate to be modded (with a hairdryer). The Medicom Stormies need their helmet widened a bit (hairdryer again).

Still with all these problems, flaws and inaccuracies I like all my Medicom and Sideshow figures.

I have pre ordered the re release of both jango and boba, imo they are both amazing collectibles and i am not wanting to wait on sideshow for them and speaking of waiting, it is seeming like the re releases should have been out forever ago, does anyone know a firm release date on them ??

Thanks

Are all of them fragile or are their certain ones that are more durable than the other

Back