So...what Marvel comics do you read?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolidLiquidFox

doing it...for all of us
Reaction score
As I arrive from the comic shop with a handfull of my weekly statch, sit down and enjoy the latest issue of the Punisher (excellent read!) I wonder if any of you guys in here also read Marvel comics.

Marvel has gone down in quality a bit so I have droped quite a few of their books but this is what I am buying:

Astonishing X-Men
X-Factor
Punisher
Wolverine
Wolverine: Origins
Squadron Supreme
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man
Powers

These are on going titles:

Astonishing X-Men
New X-Men
X-Men
Uncanny X-Men
New Excalibur
Wolverine
Ironman
Black Panther
Young Avengers
New Avengers
Runaways
X-Factor
FF4
All Spider-Man titles
MAX: Punisher
Ultimates
Ultimate X-Men
Ultimate FF4
Ultimate Spider-Man

I only get the collections - but just finished Young Avengers 1, have Fantastic Four, New Avengers 3 waiting in the wings. I'd be interested in recommendations of any new good collections. I wait for the hard backs on all the Ultimate titles (which is a real pain).

Darklord Dave said:
I only get the collections - but just finished Young Avengers 1, have Fantastic Four, New Avengers 3 waiting in the wings. I'd be interested in recommendations of any new good collections. I wait for the hard backs on all the Ultimate titles (which is a real pain).

I think you will like Ultimate FF4 Dave, as for other titles, since you like Young Avengers, I know you would like Runaways...

There's only been one hardback of Ult. FF hasn't there? I have that, and I was surprised that Young Avengers was so good.

POSSIBLE SPOILER

Although are baby Thor and baby Hulk gay? Or am I completely misinterpreting that? There was a joke about him being the "Asgardian".

Hardbacks?.. Baby Thor?. New Avengers?.. Ultimate X-Men..?

Crom I must be getting old..

Dont you guys love the nostalgia and smell of vintage comics?..

The jewel of my collection is my near complete run of Savage Sword of Conan..

I subscribe to Marvel:

Ultimate X-Men
Wolverine
Uncanny X-Men
X-Men
Astonishing X-Men

Pull list at Comic shop:

Wolverine: Origins
Any Wolverine limited
Any X-Men limited (though I have not signed up fot the X-Men:Civil War just yet.)

I think it would be a lot easier to list the books I dont read on a monthly basis than the ones I do. Not counting mini series and specials I currently pull down the following from Marvel

4 Wolverine Moon Knight
FF Hulk Squadron Supreme
Ultimate FF X-Factor Ultimates
Iron Man Daredevil Friendly Spiderman
Captain America Thunderbolts Sensational Spiderman
Exiles X-Men
New Avengers Uncanny X-Men
Punisher Ultimate X-men

Toss in a bunch of the Civil War cross overs, The Annihilation mini series and well I guess its around 30 books a month from Marvel.
Dont forget about an equal number of books from DC as well.

I love the vintage books too but only seek those out at the Wizard Con when it rolls into Chicago. So all told around 18 to 20,000 books in the collection and it shows no signs of stopping. I think I may need some counseling....

Darklord Dave said:

The Avengers: Red Zone is a must read. It takes place before all the New Avengers stuff. It's sooooo good...:drool

I get:

Ultimates
New Avengers
Young Avengers
Any Ultimate crossovers
Some upcoming Civil War stuff

The only non Marvel stuff I get is all the Star Wars books published every month, of course. :emperor

Booyah! said:
The only non Marvel stuff I get is all the Star Wars books published every month, of course. :emperor

I also been picking these up. The Knights of the Old Republic story is holding my attention so far. The upcoming Legacy sounds interesting.

SolidLiquidFox said:
I also been picking these up. The Knights of the Old Republic story is holding my attention so far. The upcoming Legacy sounds interesting.

Dude, I'm really drooling for Legacy to start shipping!

As for Marvel I just picked up Civil War (Millar is the best writer, way to loose him DC) and I also pick up the Exterminators from Vertigo and Fear Agent from Image. Usually SW books suck, but Tag & Bink are awesome. Those are the only ones recently I have picked up but I do buy the Walking Dead trades. TPB are the way to go.

Bodie The Cursed said:
Hardbacks?.. Baby Thor?. New Avengers?.. Ultimate X-Men..?

Crom I must be getting old..

Dont you guys love the nostalgia and smell of vintage comics?..

The jewel of my collection is my near complete run of Savage Sword of Conan..

I have a ton of Conan, but with him under DH now I did list, but I love the current run..

I read a lot more DC and Indie stuff than Marvel these days. Funny because I grew up as a "Make Mine Marvel" guy. Just not that happy with a lot of the writing these days and what seems to be the "Bendisization" of the Marvel Universe. And I like Bendis's creator stuff like "Powers". Just want less of him I guess.
My regular pull list of Marvel stuff at the moment:
The Ultimates
Captain America
Hulk
Moon Knight
New Avengers (Yes, I know it's Bendis)
Thunderbolts
Marvel Team Up
Limited stuff currently getting pulled for me:
Doc Samson (Last issue just came out)
Ultimate Extinction and all other Ultimate minis
Anihilation: Nova
" : Ronan
" : Silver Surfer
" : Super Skrull
And right now that's it I think. Like Dave I get all Ultimate Universe titles in HC as well as Punisher Max and Astonishing X-Men.
I also pick up other things that look interesting and have some mini's coming up on my subscription list like Marvel Western's and some other things. I had a much longer list but it's stupid to get issues that your going to end up buying compilations in HC anyway.

Just astonishing and Ultimate X-men for me. I have thought about subscribing, but I am always afraid the books will look like they went through a shredder by the time they get here. Plus I just like going to the comic shop. :eek:

Hi my name is Darth Rage and I am a geek.:lol

Darth Rage said:
Just astonishing and Ultimate X-men for me. I have thought about subscribing, but I am always afraid the books will look like they went through a shredder by the time they get here. Plus I just like going to the comic shop. :eek:

Hi my name is Darth Rage and I am a geek.:lol

Welcome Darth Rage. I'll be your sponsor. PM me so you can mail me all your comics. It's all part of the road to recovery. :lol

I've cut down so many of my comics for a few reasons one is the price...$3 for most issues is such a killer, after a month of getting comics pulled it'd come to about $100-$130 a month at least!...I do still go after them but have stopped getting some in the comic format and go for the collected hardcover issues.

Just the other day I picked up the Collected edition of Astonishing X-men Hardcover (I think 12 issues total, plus extras like sketches, etc..) for $19.49!! A huge savings! I sold my Ultimate Spider-man collection and that paid for all my collected editions. Granted you can't get everything in Collected edition format, at least not yet, but I am now going for all of them. still get comics that don't come out in the editions though.........it is nice to have them in the HC book format, look great on your shelf (I take the dust jackets off) and no more dinking around with bags and boards....not to mention all the space you save!!!

these are what I get in Hard Cover collected format now.....

Astonishing X-Men
Ultimate Spider-man
Ultimate X-Men
Ultimate Fan 4
Ultimates
New Avengers (only come in 6 issues hard cover so far)
Young Avengers (only come in 6 issue hard cover so far)
Punisher
Daredevil
Supreme Power

and others that I find as well...DC has some too (Wish they'd come out with Y The last man and Fables in Hardcover as well!)

Last edited:
Back