How many Non Attendee Sith Ani's were offered?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjam

Here on the Perimeter
Reaction score
It's a guessing game for sure, but it seems more than 10% (600) of the 6000 Edition Size for this fantastic SDCC Exclusive were sold to N/A. The complete Edition size sold out the same day as the N/A Priority Pre-Orders...

So any guesses as to how many were offered to Non-Attendees?

My best guess is 1500. What say you?

I'd agree with that. Maybe they decided to just offer the remaining number after the attendee pre-order. I doubt 5400 people would all have ordered the peice. All I know is Im grateful as I live in England and managed to bag one :emperor :chew

I've seen this question pop up a few times, and I'm a little confused by it. The number that matters is the 6000 edition size. As was addressed in the FAQ's, some will be offered to overseas distributors as well. The exact numbers are not specified, as it really doesn't make a big difference in the end - the edition size for this figure is set at 6000 and, as the FAQ's also say, at least 10% were held back to make sure people not going to Comic-Con were able to have their chance at this figure as well.

I do think that the pre-sales of the Attendee allotment affects how many of a Con Exlusive will be made available to the Non-Attendees, but the whole point is that, even if we could sell all 6000 to Attendees, we wouldn't because AT LEAST 10% will be held back for Non-Attendees. From observing the two PPO's last week, I do believe that we achieved a nice balance with the pre-ordering :duff

SideshowDusty said:
I've seen this question pop up a few times, and I'm a little confused by it.

I think it's a matter of us collectors wondering just how many figures we were competing for as well as the sell-out time in relation to other SW 12 inch exclusives. Comparatively speaking, did Vader sell out faster than all the others? Slower? Somewhere in the middle?

I really think that's why many of us are curious to know the number.

enough to satisfy most collectors. I would guess 2000 for both oversees and NA

Hmm.... sounds like a Dana Carvey, "Wouldn't be prudent," type of answer. Fair enough. I'm just grateful Sideshow is listening to the fans and trying to make everyone happy -- which is not an easy task. :D

Last edited:
gdb said:
Hmm.... sounds like a Dana Carvey, "Wouldn't be prudent," type of answer. Fair enough. I'm just grateful Sideshow is listening to the fans and trying to make everyone happy. :D

I agree with you there GDB, I'm glad SSC made ENOUGH available to those of us who could not attend SDCC.

Still kind of fun guessing the N/A number because it had to be the largest SDCC N/A number so far to make that happen!

Last edited:
The edition size doesn't really matter much to me, but I can see how it would be fun to speculate the numbers.

I'm just happy I got mine and can breathe now.... That week took about 10 years off my life...too much pressure! :D

I don't get what the obsession is with numbers on these Star Wars figures, people obsessed with edition sizes and wanting the boxes to be numbered. Just forget the numbers and enjoy the finely made figures. :chew

Sith Lord 0498 said:
I think it's a matter of us collectors wondering just how many figures we were competing for as well as the sell-out time in relation to other SW 12 inch exclusives. Comparatively speaking, did Vader sell out faster than all the others? Slower? Somewhere in the middle?

I really think that's why many of us are curious to know the number.

Couldn't have said it better :eek:

Some people like knowing they have something rare. Do you think the Mona Lisa would be as valuable if Leonardo da Vinci had painted 10,000 of them?

Why do some people feel the need to be so judgmental about the way others approach collecting? Why not just enjoy your collection your way, and let me enjoy mine my way?

I agree it would be cool to know how many just to compare but in the end if you got one. Well, you got one and that's all that really matters.

anakin-make-up.jpg

SideshowDusty said:
I've seen this question pop up a few times, and I'm a little confused by it. The number that matters is the 6000 edition size. As was addressed in the FAQ's, some will be offered to overseas distributors as well. The exact numbers are not specified, as it really doesn't make a big difference in the end - the edition size for this figure is set at 6000 and, as the FAQ's also say, at least 10% were held back to make sure people not going to Comic-Con were able to have their chance at this figure as well.

I do think that the pre-sales of the Attendee allotment affects how many of a Con Exlusive will be made available to the Non-Attendees, but the whole point is that, even if we could sell all 6000 to Attendees, we wouldn't because AT LEAST 10% will be held back for Non-Attendees. From observing the two PPO's last week, I do believe that we achieved a nice balance with the pre-ordering :duff

If it's not a big deal then why not tell us?

It feels like more of these were actually sold to non-attendees than to the people who are actually going? If that is the case, it's no big deal at least not to me but still many of us would like to know just how many were sold to non-attendees???

With the popularity of this figure and the number of people who wanted one but could not attend Comic-con... I wasn't sure that I would actually be able to get one, I was at the very least expecting the fight of my life and was positive that it would be sold out inside of 8 minutes tops!

I got mine in 10 and 30 minutes later (if not more), the figure was still on sale... I actually had a harder time getting the "Obi-Wan" & "Mace" exclusive figures...

RoboDad said:
Some people like knowing they have something rare. Do you think the Mona Lisa would be as valuable if Leonardo da Vinci had painted 10,000 of them?

Why do some people feel the need to be so judgmental about the way others approach collecting? Why not just enjoy your collection your way, and let me enjoy mine my way?
I'm not condemning anyone for concerning themselves with numbers, I just don't understand it when it comes to 12" figures. These are nicely made toys, they're not the Mona Lisa no matter how rare they are. Just my opinion, and nothing more.

It doesn't matter to me. 6000 is 6000. But I bet a lot of those 6000 had a $5.00 processing fee. :D

They never revealed how many of the Hellboys last year went to non-attendees and for international dealers. 6000 is a lot for a convention exclusive, but why not have enough for everyone that wants one?

Darklord Dave said:
They never revealed how many of the Hellboys last year went to non-attendees and for international dealers. 6000 is a lot for a convention exclusive, but why not have enough for everyone that wants one?

Yep, why not? They all sold out in less than 2 days, that's one helluva successful pre-order for 6000 pieces, and they satisfied nearly everyone so my hat's off to SSC. I was just a little curious how many were actually offered to non attendees because they were all gone shortly after the N/A PPO ended.

Back