Besides Detolf, What other cases are there?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryantusmc

Freakzoid
Reaction score
So I have 2 Detolf cases from IKEA and they are amazing! Although I am quickly running out of room. They can fit 2 maybe 3 figures per shelf if you pose them. I am wondering what other shelving units or glass cases are there that might be bigger that can fit figures such as Hot Toys ED-209/ Batpod/ or several more figures then the Detolf. Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
I think this is a problem we all have lol. As amazing as the Detolfs are, there's nothing really out there that is similar in build and price, but bigger. :(

Yeah, you can't beat 59 dollars. I am willing to pay more, but there just doesn't seem to be anything out there.

If you have JYSK near you, go visit it. They carry a glass cabinet called 'JYSK Seja Cabinet' it is alsmot double the width of the detolf but the back is not glass like detolf.

Last edited:
lt.php

Was just checking out the pictures of them. That would be a great option, to bad that JSYK's are only in Canada. They need to start migrating to the United States and give IKEA some competition!

Have you looked into getting some custom cases made in acrylic? You'd get exactly what you need and I think you'd be surprised how reasonable these can cost (depending on where you are). I got a pretty simple one made to house a 1/6 horse and 5 figures in a row:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82943

I have most of comm. And pf, does that fits them? And where you can find custom? Or you need to do it yourself

If you have JYSK near you, go visit it. They carry a glass cabinet called 'JYSK Seja Cabinet' it is alsmot double the width of the detolf but the back is not glass like detolf.

oh wow something that we have and not the US guys ! wohoo!!:clap
now if I could find it on there website :p

btw none local so how is the quality on this?

I have most of comm. And pf, does that fits them? And where you can find custom? Or you need to do it yourself

Just find a company who are in the business of whipping up acrylic display products, give them your requirements (ie dimensions, hinged doors etc) and they'll give you a quote :)

I started out doing that and had luck with companies that make signs. however the $500 min was what pushed me into making my own

I started out doing that and had luck with companies that make signs. however the $500 min was what pushed me into making my own

This is a great idea if you have a pretty simple workshop set-up and know a little about basic construction processes. All you need is a workspace, and some simple tools and glues. Depending on the thickness of acrylic, a craft knife will be ok - but a bandsaw or jigsaw would be better for thicknesses of 3mm or more. Get some adhesive/glue that's good for acrylic and away you go :)

actually depending on how far you take your projects and picky you are you will end up spending good amount of money on tools and accessories. Just as an example I spend $200 on two circular blades for my mitre and table saw just for acrylic as normal blades will rip the edges rendering them unusable on thicker acrylic. For smaller cases using thinner acrylic you can likely get away with very little investment though thicker acrylic does look better especially if it is frameless. I work mainly with 1/4" (6.35mm)

actually depending on how far you take your projects and picky you are you will end up spending good amount of money on tools and accessories. Just as an example I spend $200 on two circular blades for my mitre and table saw just for acrylic as normal blades will rip the edges rendering them unusable on thicker acrylic. For smaller cases using thinner acrylic you can likely get away with very little investment though thicker acrylic does look better especially if it is frameless. I work mainly with 1/4" (6.35mm)

wow, 1/4"... that would look great, but yeh, it ups the ante on the tools required for sure. But your stuff does look fantastic. I'm time-poor, so I throw money at some guy to do it for me, and at only half the thickness.

Besta is great but by the time you fill in the space a few detolfs would you paid likely 3-4x the amount with all the doors and shelves.

Back