TRON Legacy Disk Replica Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herzograven

Super Freak
Reaction score
does anyone know what the difference is between the basic and deluxe iDisk?

i need to buy 2 and the price difference is about double for the "deluxe" version so if anyone has information about the size of the disk as well as what the difference is between the deluxe vs basic, i'd really appreciate it if you can share it and help me out

thanks

does anyone know what the difference is between the basic and deluxe iDisk?

i need to buy 2 and the price difference is about double for the "deluxe" version so if anyone has information about the size of the disk as well as what the difference is between the deluxe vs basic, i'd really appreciate it if you can share it and help me out

thanks

The basic disc is the frisbee style throwing disc. Not very movie accurate, but good if you plan on throwing it. Its about 10 inches in diameter.

The deluxe disc was taken from the original female disc molds, and lights up. Its is not intended to be used for throwing. Its basicly a display piece. The discs are 8.5 inches in diameter. As of now there are 3 versions: Sam Flynn, Kevin Flynn, and Rinzler.

If you wait......you could always buy SideShows disc. Its going to be a true 1:1, and was also taken from the original hero molds vs the smaller female ones.

I have the deluxe Sam Flynn. Its a nice toy, I used mine for getting the actors signatures.

Hope this helps.

The basic disc is the frisbee style throwing disc. Not very movie accurate, but good if you plan on throwing it. Its about 10 inches in diameter.

The deluxe disc was taken from the original female disc molds, and lights up. Its is not intended to be used for throwing. Its basicly a display piece. The discs are 8.5 inches in diameter. As of now there are 3 versions: Sam Flynn, Kevin Flynn, and Rinzler.

If you wait......you could always buy SideShows disc. Its going to be a true 1:1, and was also taken from the original hero molds vs the smaller female ones.

I have the deluxe Sam Flynn. Its a nice toy, I used mine for getting the actors signatures.

Hope this helps.

thanks a lot man, that's what i thought just needed to double check before i bought the wrong thing
i need 2 disks for a costume i'll be doing for dragon con, but they need to be able to light up, and as long as it looks close enough to sam's iDisk it's all good

so the basic version of the disk is larger? odd
does the deluxe iDisk look ok when you're holding it or does it look too small?

wondering how much the sideshow disks are going to cost?

thanks a lot man, that's what i thought just needed to double check before i bought the wrong thing
i need 2 disks for a costume i'll be doing for dragon con, but they need to be able to light up, and as long as it looks close enough to sam's iDisk it's all good

so the basic version of the disk is larger? odd
does the deluxe iDisk look ok when you're holding it or does it look too small?

wondering how much the sideshow disks are going to cost?

No problem! The frisbee disc is larger so it sails in the air better, and it does not light up.

The deluxe discs are nice, and being from original molds (female molds) its a cool piece to have. Spinmaster used that size since it was easier for kids to play with. Depending on your hands it could look too small, or may look just right. Only you can answer that one.:dunno

No problem! The frisbee disc is larger so it sails in the air better, and it does not light up.

The deluxe discs are nice, and being from original molds (female molds) its a cool piece to have. Spinmaster used that size since it was easier for kids to play with. Depending on your hands it could look too small, or may look just right. Only you can answer that one.:dunno

dang! looks like i'm gonna have to hunt them down in person
hopefully target will have em, checked walmart and found zippo!
this area is terrible for collectors, what the hell am i doing here!? need to move!

dang! looks like i'm gonna have to hunt them down in person
hopefully target will have em, checked walmart and found zippo!
this area is terrible for collectors, what the hell am i doing here!? need to move!

Sam Flynn should be no problem, the other two are hard to get in most areas. Just depends on where your at in the country, and your timming.:panic:

I don't think the discs look too small in your hand. I have quite large hands and it looks good, they just aren't as big as they are supposed to be to be totally accurate.

5298563109_607fbc4dc4_z.jpg

5299164522_3eae3ba2a9_z.jpg

5298563223_13ffbb92b6_z.jpg

Will the sideshow one light up?

Would like a light up disc, bigger the better but also depends on price?

Sideshow have any pics or info yet on price?

When I watch the video each time they refer to the disc, its as a "set" with the baton. So if they are only offered together with the stand, I bet its more like 799.99 or more. The disc itself I am anticipating 500.00 assuming it will be offered solo.

I don't collect prop replicas, so I don't know, but what are you basing the estimate on? SSC's Aliens vs Predator stuff is much less than that. The Shuriken blade which is about the same size was only $250. It doesn't light up, but its a more detailed design.

Of course it will depend on the electronics to some degree, but its not like the disc is very big or intricate.

I don't collect prop replicas, so I don't know, but what are you basing the estimate on? SSC's Aliens vs Predator stuff is much less than that. The Shuriken blade which is about the same size was only $250. It doesn't light up, but its a more detailed design.

Of course it will depend on the electronics to some degree, but its not like the disc is very big or intricate.

I agree. I am not into replicas either, I normaly collect only screen used pieces, and the Premium Format figures. I do have a few 1/6 scale etc. I am estimating the cost on the electronics that "may" go into it, if its done right. I am also inflating my estimate based on the hype of the film. I am hoping that the price is somewhere around 300.00 but if it is only available as a set with the baton, then its going to be much more than that. So we will just have to see. I hope your right, and I am wrong believe me.

Honest feedback here.... DO NOT get the disc you can throw. Unless you really like how it looks. I'm play frisbee every week and this, is not a frisbee. You can really break your hand trying to catch this sucker, or break something else. Throwing it takes some practice but will ultimately ruin your normal throw.

It's fun for pics, but not for play. It HURTS.

In flight..
47418_936520388504_3303444_51061353_6581554_n.jpg

58319_936510777764_3303444_51061029_3281342_n.jpg

I wondered about that. I haven't gotten one but when I felt them in the store they seemed really HARD with very little give. I pitied the poor little kids throwing those suckers at each other.

I don't think the discs look too small in your hand. I have quite large hands and it looks good, they just aren't as big as they are supposed to be to be totally accurate.

5298563109_607fbc4dc4_z.jpg

5299164522_3eae3ba2a9_z.jpg

5298563223_13ffbb92b6_z.jpg

that looks pretty awesome, that size should work with the costume
now the trick is finding the damn disks man, can't seem to get them anywhere, gonna break down and order them from amazon, but they only have sam's iDisk, still need kevin's and rinzlers (and an extra one from kevin to customize it into CLUs iDisk)

Hey guys I wanted to save you some time looking for the Kevin Flynn disc at Target. Target goes by the “DPCI” number and as you can see all the discs have the same number, they don’t look up the “ASIN” number so they have to physically look through the discs or cases. So call first ask for the toy department and give them the “DPCI” number then tell them you want the Kevin Flynn disc and that it’s the only one in white that will speed things up a great deal.

Tron Legacy Deluxe Identity Disc-Kevin Flynn
ASIN: B0040XJKPE DPCI: 087-06-2231

Tron Legacy Deluxe Identity Disc-Rinzler
ASIN: B0040XLDVI DPCI: 087-06-2231

Tron Legacy Deluxe Identity Disc-Sam Flynn
ASIN: B003L0BO2O DPCI: 087-06-2231

Not sure if this helps.......but....I spoke with Disney Archives, Jimmy Chow (Props Manager), and Quantum Creations the individuals responsible for the various costumes/ props from the film. Jimmy Chow confirmed that the hero discs were two sizes:

Hero #1: 10 inches total diameter with the outer blade attached. This size disc was used for Sam Flynn, Kevin Flynn and other actors that were the same size.

Hero #2: 9 inches in total diameter with the outer blade attached. This was used by Quorra, and any other actor that needed a smaller scaled disc due to their size etc. (This is also the same molds that were used by Spinmaster to create the Deluxe Identity Disc toys.)

Costume Disc: These were made by Quantum Creations FX and were based on the discs made by Disney Props, but were very different. They ranged from 9 to 10 inches depending on who's costume they were attached too. They were 2 piece vacum formed in a solid color (meaning black, or grey etc depending on character). All were made to hide the electronics for the suit, and were lit in the inner ring.

Non Principle Actors: Their suits were made by a different company (the name escapes me). These were suits worn by extra's and other non principle actors. They had discs that were also made to attach to their costumes which were very similar to the ones Quantum created but were made by this other company, and not Quantum. Also these suits did not light up the same as the hero suits did. The lighting was primarily rendered by Disney's CG department.

Disney Archives & Props confirmed that there were a few other sizes used for larger actors, long shots, stunts etc. These sizes ranged from 12 inches & 13 inches in total scale with the outer blade attached.Not only were there different sizes used depending on need, the majority of the discs used in the film did not light up. Only the hero discs were made to light up in the fashion we all recognize. The majority of discs used had vacum formed outer blades as part of the total disc, and the blades were not serated at all. Neither the inner nor outer blades. Furthurmore the blades/ rings were painted in different colors (white, green, blue, orange etc) so that the post production rendering was easier, and the discs could be tracked for that process.

Hope this helps a bit. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Anyone have updates? I have emailed Side Show a few questions, and of course they don't respond. I guess its cool to take my money, but not answer my questions before they snatch it out of my hands.

Back