It Should Have Gotten a Theatrical Release

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jungle jom

Super Freak
Reaction score
This thread is devoted to films that should have gotten a theatrical release. For one reason or another they did not.

I'll start off with a film I saw last night it is called "Unthinkable". The movie starred Samuel L Jackson and Carrie Moss and concerns the ethics of the torture of terrorists, the morality of it and it's effectiveness.

The film is not preachy and really doesn't hold your hand and drive you to a point of view it wants you to have. In the end it will make you think about your own beliefs and morality regarding this subject.

I was really impressed with this film and highly recommend it.

I think it didn't get released theatrically because Hollywood had no idea how to market it. I also believe the studio may have wanted to bury it because it did not pander to the viewer and left the morality of the subject up to the viewer.

Excellent excellent film!

Please list any other film you might have seen that is not widely known and was not hyped by Hollywood here.

I'd like to see more movies that are undiscovered gems like this one was.

Funny... I just saw that about two hours ago. Much better than I expected. The interwoven plots were brought together masterfully. Not a great film but a real solid one. I would recommend it also.

Trick r' Treat was what came to mind immediately. It's too bad it was never released theatrically since I think it could have spawned a decent anthology series of films.

Instead we've gotten countless Saw movies.:ohbfrank:

Meh, I wish none of the movies I liked had theatrical releases.
My couch > Movie theater

My couch > Movie theater

Sometimes for your Inglorious Basterds or There Will Be Bloods.

But for things Back to the Future, or Raiders of the Lost Ark, they are perfect theatre popcorn flicks.

I've seen Bttf 3 times in theatres in the past 10 years.

This thread is devoted to films that should have gotten a theatrical release. For one reason or another they did not.

I'll start off with a film I saw last night it is called "Unthinkable". The movie starred Samuel L Jackson and Carrie Moss and concerns the ethics of the torture of terrorists, the morality of it and it's effectiveness.

The film is not preachy and really doesn't hold your hand and drive you to a point of view it wants you to have. In the end it will make you think about your own beliefs and morality regarding this subject.

I was really impressed with this film and highly recommend it.

I think it didn't get released theatrically because Hollywood had no idea how to market it. I also believe the studio may have wanted to bury it because it did not pander to the viewer and left the morality of the subject up to the viewer.

Excellent excellent film!

Please list any other film you might have seen that is not widely known and was not hyped by Hollywood here.

I'd like to see more movies that are undiscovered gems like this one was.

Unthinkable had a pretty good theatrical release here in the Netherlands. I didn't see it though...

Back