Joebizz34's 1/6 Jason Lives custom (Version 4.0!!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joebizz34

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok so here is my next custom. It is Jason from part 6. He is based off of the Sideshow one with some improvements. I bought this figure off of eBay and the base is signed by CJ himself who played Jason for this movie. It wasn't the exclusive with the severed arm so I made my own. Here are some pics of the arm I created and tried to duplicate the pattern of the shirt based on the pic I am going off of. First is the pic of the scene I am going by to mimic and the others is of the arm. The hand of the arm is from a Dragon body that I weathered and repainted but the rest of the arm is sculpted by me and the shirt was hand made off of old clothing material I had. The camo part is from another GI-Joe uniform I had laying around. It looks more like an arm band but it was the best way I could come up with to try and match it to how the shirt looked in the pic. Check it out.

page_115.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Joebizz34's 1/6 Jason Lives custom

Ok here he is. Based on the pic I was going off of, I think I got pretty close. What do you think?

DSC_0160.jpg

DSC_0161.jpg

DSC_0163.jpg

DSC_0164.jpg

DSC_0165.jpg

Here's a pic of the base signed by the man himself who played him in part 6.

DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0166.jpg

I made the holes on the Hockey mask slightly smaller to match the look a little more like in the film. I feel that Sideshow made the eye holes a little too big for this scale.

Great pics!

I especially like this one:

Even though it's just your kitchen in the background, I love the depth of field.

And I love the lighting. No flash, and very natural looking.

And the foreground is so crisp. No grain, and totally in focus.

:clap

Thanks Maglor!! I know you are into quality pics so that means a lot coming from you. I am working hard at learning this new camera and I am getting better at adjusting the settings to get the shot I want. If only I had a bigger house so I could have better backgrounds. LOL

The secret is long shutter speeds with very little light. That way you don't really see the background as it's not lit.

The secret is long shutter speeds with very little light. That way you don't really see the background as it's not lit.

Nice. I am going to try that. If it comes out good, I'll post it here and on your Gallery Thread as well.

Thanks again for the tips.

Wow Great Job . Excellent detail. Do you have any wooded areas where you live ? If so, you should take him out for a photo shoot :)

Wow Great Job . Excellent detail. Do you have any wooded areas where you live ? If so, you should take him out for a photo shoot :)

Actually yeah I do. Like my Myers picks in my other thread where he is outside. Good call. I will have to wait for the snow to disappear first. LOL

I have a pond behind my house that I have been meaning to take pics of even with my other Jason 8 custom. Hmm, I will work on that. :) He'll look like he is by Crystal Lake.

That would be sick. Especially with this Jason. The part 8 would look great outside but more fitting with a NYC skyline behind him. :)

All I can say is wow!! This custom is great. The shirt, the smaller eye holes and the custom arm are very well done. The fact that the base is signed is even better. If you ever decide to sell this one, let me know.

I have a Sideshow Jason part 6 myself. Would you be willing to work on him and make him look like this if I send him to you??? :wave

Thanks Freak, I can always count on you to reply. LOL

The eye holes actually were not that hard to make smaller. Just a little sculpy and blending in with paint and weathering. :)

I will PM you about working on yours. I still need to finish your Part 8 first though. If others on here have a Part 6 Jason and would like me to work on theres reply here or PM me. There are others on this board that have been around longer and get a lot of attention and commission work, but if you like what you see with mine, just contact me and we can work something out.

Awesome work man. He looks great! Love the pose too.

Excellent Job on that Joe...That is my Favorite besides Part III Great Job Bro!

Awesome work man. He looks great! Love the pose too.

Thanks Dark, Myers is my favorite horror character of all time, but Jason is much more fun to work with because he has more drastic looks throughout the series and is more challenging to do which in the end is more rewarding to finish.

Excellent Job on that Joe...That is my Favorite besides Part III Great Job Bro!

Thanks Moe, my hope is to have one from each movie by the time I'm done. :)

Thanks Dark, Myers is my favorite horror character of all time, but Jason is much more fun to work with because he has more drastic looks throughout the series and is more challenging to do which in the end is more rewarding to finish.

Thanks Moe, my hope is to have one from each movie by the time I'm done. :)

Agreed. I prefer Michael too but Jason is way more exciting to customise than Michael.
Freddys quite good to customise too.

Ok so slight improvements on the figure. I added some padding under the mask to widen it a bit on his face to look more screen accurate. I also reshaped the eye holes slightly to be more round. I also took some cool shots with darker lighting messing around with my camera.

DSC_0199.jpg

DSC_0203.jpg

DSC_0204.jpg

Back