Two Angel Figures Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Protozaius

Chief Defender of Faith
Reaction score
I went on break from work last night to Barnes and Noble to do some "loiter-reading" at the magazine section and they had the latest issue of the "Angel Magazine". I don't know if this is old news... but to quote Kevin Nealon "it's news to me".

In the issue there was a report (with pictures) of the Buffy set up at the Sideshow booth at this year's Toy Fair. The interviewer talks to both Brant and Heath about the Buffy and Angel lines. They state that the Buffy line will take a break while they concentrate on Angel.. They talked at length about the Angel figure which was on display. They also stated that there are two more Angel figures in the pipeline. They also hinted that they wanted to focus on the core group of Angel Investigations.

Good news: Wesley might be in the near future. :chew :chew :chew

Bad news: We have to wait a little longer for Giles. :emperor :emperor :emperor

Well, that's good news and all but, but.. what about Giles?!?!!!!??!!:confused:

I hope this break they are taking from the Buffyline will be after we get a Giles announcement!!!

The Buffy line is on break?

I suppose I'll have to have Barnabas Collins bite me so that I can one day hold within my hands a Giles figure. Here's to eternity. :rip :blackbat

If the figures are Wesley, Cordelia or Doyle I'll be interested, and I'm glad SSC is at least doing more 12 inch from this series, but if it's true that the Buffy line is on hold, then most of the excitement I would have had over them is overshadowed by my disappointment of an even longer wait for Giles - because in the end, I would take Giles over multiple Angel characters.

Last edited:
Protozaius said:
They also stated that there are two more Angel figures in the pipeline. They also hinted that they wanted to focus on the core group of Angel Investigations.
Man, this news couldn't be any better! :chew

TheObsoleteMan said:
Man, this news couldn't be any better! :chew

In my disappointment at the Buffy line having a break I didn't catch that bit about them focusing on the core group! Now that is great news!! But, still, I hope this break is after we get a Giles figure! Andy did say there were upcoming figures for both Buffy and Angel so I'm assuming there is something coming!

That is good that they're going to be focusing on the core group, if the article's still accurate.

GLAD TO HEAR IT! Any more bets as to which two they'll be?

I wonder if Sideshow is having some kind of problem getting the rights to Tony Head's likeness to make a Giles? Could it be something like the inability to get Sean Connery's likeness as Ramirez?

I hope not! :crying What we need is an on-line petition!

GILES: IF AND WHEN! (Sign below.)

Well, you never know...........it MIGHT work?:emperor

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!
They can't get the likeness rights from Anthony Stewart Head, soooooo, they figure if they drag the line out they can out live him. :monkey3

I read this yesterday in my magazine issue 84
and was wondering the same thing.
its good news in my books:D

I just really want my GILES in tweed...with his musty old books and clean glasses.Dont you just love the stuffy old libarian??:monkey2

I hope the next two of the Angel line are:
1.Cordy either long hair sexy cordy,or princess.
2.lorne or illriya.
please no wesley i can wait long for him:lol

Bring on the Angel line:chew :chew :chew

Awesome news. This means Wesley or Cordy are almost certainly locks for the next two figures, and even if they're not it leaves other neat possibilities:

Gunn (SS exclusive: Hubcap axe)

Illyria/Fred

Doyle (Hope they give him an extra demon head/hands and not two different versions of the character...)

Lorne (w/removeable head?)

I'm pumped. I really want an "Apocalypse, Nowish" Wes, though.

Oh same here! I'd love really good Wes Figure. He's one of my favorite characters.

Doesn't mean I don't want a Wes though!

Thinking back, if they do it by order of appearance on the show, Doyle was angel's first contact wasn't he? Then Cordelia, Wesley, Gunn next(?) Lorne, Fred, etc. (Fred didn't show up until Pylea, and Lorne was already included by then.:confused: )

Now, here comes my old "LL" question again (License for Likeness.) Since Glen Quinn (Doyle) is deceased, how can Sideshow get licensing to do his likeness (if they wanted to....) would it come with all the characters in the show? Individually? Or would his surviving relatives have to give permission? :confused:

Sidetracked! Since Buffy wasn't in any order-by-appearance, what sort of order is the Angel line coming in, and exactly WHO do you think that Sideshow deems as "the core group"?:confused:

Can't speak for Sideshow, but to me, the core characters are: Cordelia, Doyle, Wesley, Fred, & Gunn.....

I don't care to have Fred or Gunn though...just never liked them.

I'm not sure about Doyle, and I don't know whether to expect him or not.

I'm hoping Wesley is one of the two that are on their way. He's the only core character I really liked through out the show (I felt Cordelia was ruined).

I would consider the core "Team Angel" group to be Angel, Cordy, Wes, Gunn, Fred and Lorne.

Doyle was a great character, but his time on the show was so brief that I'm not sure we'll see a figure of him, at least not for a while. They've commented on the difficulty of doing Illyria's costume in 1/6, so I wouldn't look for her anytime soon either. Spike is a wildcard. He wasn't really a core team member, but he's hugely popular and a standard human Spike would likely be a big seller.

None of the actors on Buffy or Angel had any clout when they started, so I imagine likeness rights were included in the performance contract. Although I'm sure SMG negotiated some merchandising rights at renewal time. So Doyle wouldn't be a problem, but I don't see him on the horizon or even over the horizon and down the block.

I'm hoping it will be Wesley (in later seasons and then later they can give us the Buffy Watcher version), Illyria (which I know what happen this soon) or a "You're Welcome" Cordelia. I'd also be happy with a Cordy from the early episodes of Angel because then she'd also be close to how she looked on Buffy. I'd also like a Lorne figure because he'd just make a great looking figure and I'm sure he'd come in a very bright outfit too (which will help brighten up my Buffy collection where most outfits are dark). I wouldn't be surprised if we get some version of Spike just because he's such a popular figure. I'd put Wesley, Fred, Cordy and Gunn above Spike as "core" figures though just because Spike was only on there for the last season.

I would love, love, love to have a figure to go with my Origin's Angel, whether it would be William, Dru or Darla first (I can wait for Darla as long as we someday get one to go with him too).

TheObsoleteMan said:
I would consider the core "Team Angel" group to be Angel, Cordy, Wes, Gunn, Fred and Lorne.

Doyle was a great character, but his time on the show was so brief that I'm not sure we'll see a figure of him, at least not for a while. They've commented on the difficulty of doing Illyria's costume in 1/6, so I wouldn't look for her anytime soon either. Spike is a wildcard. He wasn't really a core team member, but he's hugely popular and a standard human Spike would likely be a big seller.

I forgot to mention that the article also made reference to Illyria. One of the Sideshow reps commented that they have seen custom versions of her that have given them "insight" as how to approach the figure. So a figure is not totally out of the question.

The ones I would be interested in is either Wesley, Cordy or Lorne. Though not my favorite character, I think Lorne would make a VERY colorful and distinctive figure. For Cordy, they will probably choose a shorter hair version of her to avoid the obvious problems.

Back